We both have unlimited texting, she's in the US, I'm in Canada, if we text will there be international charges?

thanks
    11-18-09 10:24 PM
    There will be international rates for texty messages... But since data doesn't work that way, if you both have a BB then BBM messages are "free" as long as you have unlimited data plans...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 11:46 PM
    We both have unlimited texting, she's in the US, I'm in Canada, if we text will there be international charges?

thanks
    If she doesn't have a data plan, or a blackberry, but you do, you could also try email-to-texting. You would essentially use your push email to text her, and she would send texts back to your push email.

I do it in the states because I don't have unlimited texting, but she does, and I have unlimited data, and she doesn't. It works out great, and doesn't cost us anything extra.

A quick google search will tell you how to do it. Essentially, for say at&t, you would email her number@att.net, and when she responds it would go to your email. If she initiates the conversation, she would send the text to your email, and when you respond, it will go from your email to her text.
    11-19-09 06:19 AM
    International text messages are $.50 each

11-19-09 01:12 PM
    Thanks guys for the info!!!!

Cheers!
    11-19-09 09:25 PM
    My husband lived in Canada and has Telus and i was in the states and had Sprint but we both had text packages on our phone and we were never charged extra!! I still text my friends in the states and have never been charged extra for it and neither have they! My friend in N.Falls has Robbers and she gets billed for texting to the states!! be sure and call your service provder for the correct info!

thanks
    11-20-09 12:26 AM
    International text messages are $.50 each

MMS are. Texts run 25 cents each. This is what I had been charged before I got a $10 international messaging pack
    11-21-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD