I bought a very streamlined case for my iphone in silver and it has become a bit discolored. I am wondering if I need a case at all. I did buy insurance for the phone.
    02-23-11 03:20 PM
    I have OCD when it comes to my gadgets so my answer would be yes. I finally settled for the griffin �lan form case. Best one I've used so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 05:02 PM
    I agree that even with insurance you should sport a case. maybe try a Seidio Innocase or Otterbox Commuter case for your iphone.
    02-23-11 08:00 PM
    I had the otterbox commuter for my 3GS and it was a sweet case, I'm waiting for the one for my i4 to get here, I have an iSkin solo case for the i4 which I like as well, i had the same for my 3GS... it's nice to be able to swap them so easily
    02-23-11 09:14 PM
    I wasn't going to get a case at first because I wasn't going to make a habit of carrying it in my pocket, however, I ended up with front and back protectors in a case and in my pocket. Safe iPhoning I always say. F•••Time is safer now too.
    02-23-11 11:04 PM
    you have to remember how "glassy" the phone is...
    and the picture below happens on a 3-4 feet drop, from your wallet to the concrete floor.
    and there will be others who will swear dropping the phone with nothing happening to it, but a hairline scratch.

better safe than sorry..
    02-23-11 11:20 PM
    I don't put cases on any of my phones, so I'm not using a case on mine. I do have a white bumper that I use occasionally, but not a case. Its the most beautiful phone ever made, and I really don't want to hide it. =)
    02-24-11 09:15 AM
    I have had this same debate in my mind forever...

My AT&T iPhone 4 I got a case and used it since day one.

The Verizon iPhone 4 has been just naked with the exception of invisible shields on both sides. It would drive me crazy if I got a scratch on the screen.

As for insurance, I wouldn't use it unless you absolutly had to. It's expensive and the deductible is high (like 200 isn't it?)
    02-24-11 09:27 AM
    I saw this bumper drop test before I got my iPhone and felt safe with this selection. I'm mainly in a studio leaving my phone on my desk so I didn't need an otterbox. (if te video can't be viewed, just google bumper drop test :/)

Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 02-24-11 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Fixed link.
    02-24-11 09:45 AM
    I have had this same debate in my mind forever...

My AT&T iPhone 4 I got a case and used it since day one.

The Verizon iPhone 4 has been just naked with the exception of invisible shields on both sides. It would drive me crazy if I got a scratch on the screen.

As for insurance, I wouldn't use it unless you absolutly had to. It's expensive and the deductible is high (like 200 isn't it?)
    just go with Apple Care which is $60, pretty much covers everything except ( liquid damage, theft, accidental fall, deliberate fall etc etc)
    02-24-11 09:51 AM
    I saw this bumper drop test before I got my iPhone and felt safe with this selection. I'm mainly in a studio leaving my phone on my desk so I didn't need an otterbox. (if te video can't be viewed, just google bumper drop test :/)

That video makes it official; the Ron Burgendy of iPhone reviewers. lol
    02-24-11 10:06 AM
    Lmao. Hahaha.
    02-24-11 11:08 AM
    I prefer my BBs to my ip4 anytime but that being said-- there's no denying the iphone is a work of art. I always protect mine.

02-27-11 08:44 PM
    I bought a very streamlined case for my iphone in silver and it has become a bit discolored. I am wondering if I need a case at all. I did buy insurance for the phone.
    Otterbox Defender for best protection. Adds a little bulk, but still very workable and you'll be well protected.
    02-28-11 09:23 PM
    I admit to a touch of OCD also when it comes to my devices. I always have the sales associate put on a screen protector before I leave the store when I purchase a new one. I have a variety of cases and bumpers for my i4, can't stand scratches or dings.
    03-01-11 06:07 AM
    I prefer my phones naked. I enjoy the design of the iPhone too much to cover it up. I keep all of my devices in great condition ALWAYS. Also, I seem to have more damage on my devices when I put cases on them. It's like my brain tells my hand "it's ok to drop it once in a while, you have a case, put it to use".
    03-01-11 10:00 AM

is that guy crazy?
    03-01-11 11:57 PM
    Everybody drops their phone, are you really not gonna spend 20 bucks to protect a 650 item. I don't believe in insurance so I always go with a case.

03-02-11 12:20 AM
    I got the Otterbox Commuter, it's the best of both worlds, not the bulk of the defender but still protected plus I have the Zagg Case Friendly InvisibleShield on the front to protect the screen
    03-02-11 12:48 AM
    Hey warriorwoman,
    How are you currently rocking your phone after reading some suggestions?
    03-03-11 07:37 AM
    @ Cruiz1022
    I don't think crazy.......begins to scratch the surface.
    03-03-11 07:54 AM
    I prefer my phones naked. I enjoy the design of the iPhone too much to cover it up..
    I totally agree might as well make plastic/rubber phones with nice screens if that was the case.
    03-03-11 05:34 PM
    just go with Apple Care which is $60, pretty much covers everything except ( liquid damage, theft, accidental fall, deliberate fall etc etc)
    I'm confused... is this post a joke?
    03-03-11 05:35 PM
    I don't use a case. I carry my phone in my pocket and don't like to add extra bulk, not even a bumper. I have dropped my i4 a few times. The worst was out of my pocket onto parking lot concrete when it bounced a few times, nothing happened to it except a couple of scratches on the antenna. I had a couple drops onto hardwood floors too, nothing happened after those. Even now, 7 months later, there's not a single visible scratch on the glass. Actually, for full disclosure, I no longer have my original i4. My original phone had those yellow spots on the screen and Apple exchanged it for me. The "Genius" didn't say anything about the scratches/nicks on the antenna. So my phone is actually only 5 months old.
    03-04-11 11:47 AM
    I purchased a Otterbox Defender Case. It's worth every cent!

03-05-11 08:31 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD