Well... Just got home with the iPhone 4. Feels good. The torch just isn't ready for prime time. The current iPhone is a great phone. After selling my original and buying the torch- I am humbled. I had no idea how much I would miss my netflix app and words with friends. Lol.

I have not given up on bb; however, the ne os 6 needs much work before it will compete against other smartphones.
    09-24-10 09:20 PM
    I'm going pick up a Torch today. I have an iPhone 4 now. I am going to keep my iPhone 4 and go back and forth each month. So, AT&T will be receiving a call from me nearly every 31 days. One grip with the Torch is the screen. It's hard looking at the screen after using my iPhone 4 - but I miss BBM. I've had all four iPhones. The iPhone 4 is the best on the market but I get bored with phones often so I like switching. So, instead of me selling my iPhone 4 for the Torch, I'll just keep both of them.
    09-25-10 05:59 AM
    I'm going pick up a Torch today. I have an iPhone 4 now. I am going to keep my iPhone 4 and go back and forth each month. So, AT&T will be receiving a call from me nearly every 31 days. One grip with the Torch is the screen. It's hard looking at the screen after using my iPhone 4 - but I miss BBM. I've had all four iPhones. The iPhone 4 is the best on the market but I get bored with phones often so I like switching. So, instead of me selling my iPhone 4 for the Torch, I'll just keep both of them.
    Wish I could afford to do that!!!! I'm sort of a gadget geek and would LOVE to be able to go between ip4, 9800 and Android! Just so I can test em out for myself. But I'm pretty happy with my Torch. Hubby now has the ip4 and at least I get to play a lil...lol
    09-25-10 01:04 PM
    I don't think you would be missing anything. The torch was functional, but a huge inconvenience to use. The touchscreen was absolutely horrible and the interface felt lacking. I've never been a fan of sliders and this phone proved it. I had a good one also. No real wobble in the keyboard. Never turned on wifi so it never dropped bis.

The iPhone is a solid product. I am very happy to have a touchscreen that feels natural and responsive. Save your money. Wait for a while and be patient bin watching rim closely. I will be back one day, just not today.
    09-25-10 06:19 PM
    I got sick of the bb OS as well. Mostly due to the hardware. I pushed my 9700 very hard and it always lagged and the worst part OS that all the new devices are under powered. So I ditched bb. I love it. But I want something that won't lag on me every 5 min. The iPhone is awesome. The only bad thing is the battery life. But it's not THAT bad. mophie juice packair on the way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 04:03 AM
    Decided to keep the iPhone 4 after using it now 5 days straight. A little hard going back to low resolution of the Torch. Torch wasn't bad but after usig the retina display just can't. I also type faster on the iPhone after using a 3G for 2 years. Been with BB for 5 months but do type a little faster on the iPhone touch screen. Getting about 8 hrs worth of usage on the iPhone with a full charge. Better than the Torch. Gets me through the day and then some. Browsing the net like I do alot is amazing on the iPhone. Browser is so fast on 3G. Lightning fast on Wifi N at home. Nice sleek design and love the Otterbox Communter case. Yes I will miss BBM a bit and the fast emails but the iPhone has really grown on me quick. I was never into apps alot but I am downloaded alot now lol
    09-26-10 08:05 AM
    DX9,

If you browse a lot, you might want to consider an app called Atomic Web. I think it's a Safari skin, but it adds a lot of additional functionality including tabs, which I find very useful. There's a free version and a 99 cent version. Try out the free one and if you like it, buy the paid one.
    09-26-10 09:25 AM
    The retina display certainly raised the level of screens expected on a smartphone. After spending some time with the torch, the screen was the very 1st thing i noticed and hated every time I powered up the phone.

I'm pretty sure that I'm done with rim for a while. The iPhone does everything I need or want, with the exception of notifications. Once apple adds a blinky light, I suspect many blackberry users will give in to the temptation.
    09-26-10 10:47 AM
    DX9,

If you browse a lot, you might want to consider an app called Atomic Web. I think it's a Safari skin, but it adds a lot of additional functionality including tabs, which I find very useful. There's a free version and a 99 cent version. Try out the free one and if you like it, buy the paid one.
    Thanks. Ill check it out a little later today. Nice to see many apps pretty cheap also. Just checked out Angry birds game earlier. Pretty addictive game. Never play games on a phone but this one is fun
    09-26-10 11:10 AM
    I'm pretty happy with the safari browser on the iPhone. May have to take a look at the App mentioned; however, I don't anticipate migrating away from the safari browser.
    09-26-10 01:51 PM
    Just ordered a pogo stylus for my iPhone and iPad. Looking forward to using both for notes in briefings and trainings.
    09-26-10 02:49 PM
    I dropped my bold 9650 for the iphone4. I'm loving the switch so far, I miss bbm and the notification system from R.I.M's Os.....
    09-26-10 04:13 PM
    You know what's funny? I sold my 9700 and purchased the iPhone 4, decided I wanted my bb experience back and traded iPhone back in for the torch.... Immediately regretted it.

Sold the torch and used my 8310 for a few days. Damn I loved that phone. Still upgraded to the iPhone 4 again, but have to say that the 8300 + serioes where excellent devices. Very utilitarian compared to today's devices, but extremely functional.

I'm staying with my iPhone for a while. Finally I have a phone that provides me with everything I need. No kore following the flock and upgrading justbto upgrade. Anyone that writes off the iPhone 4 due to previous versions, is missing out on a masterpiece of technology. Rob hit the nail on the head; the phone is simple and elegant, but just works. The keyboard is amazing compared to the horrid touchscreen keyboard on the torch.
    09-26-10 07:05 PM
    I ditched my BB 8530, I didn't look back either! Bye bye blackberry, hello iPhone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 07:17 PM
    DX9,

Thanks again for the suggestion on Atomic Web. Def keeping it and bought the .99 version. Much more functionality and like the full screen tab as well as having the address bar there all the time instead of scrolling all the way up again to go to another site
    09-26-10 07:42 PM
    Hmmm. I may have to take a peek. What is the difference between the free and paid version? Advertisements?
    09-26-10 07:45 PM
    Hmmm. I may have to take a peek. What is the difference between the free and paid version? Advertisements?
    I actually never tried the free one lol. Decided to try the paid one anyways since it is only .99
    Last edited by DX9; 09-26-10 at 07:52 PM.
    09-26-10 07:49 PM
    I made the switch from my 8900 a week ago.

I am amazed to say that my reception is better than on my 8900. However, the i4 is more sensitive to the "death grip" compared to my 8900. But I never find myself gripping the phone in that manner. Everything else about the i4 is just perfect and I will never look back to RIM.
    09-26-10 09:41 PM
    Interesting that you mentioned the death grip; I cannot replicate it at all. Either way, you seem to be happy with your choice. I find the iPhone visually stunning. It was very hard to look at another screen from rim, when There was no comparison.

Email support is absolutely gorgeous on the iPhone. I love seeing how it's rendered when I receive an email. Have you noticed the excellent battery life?
    09-26-10 09:53 PM
    well death gripping the 8900 it would get down to 1 bar, with the i4 it gets down to no service, however this is only in poor reception areas. Overall the reception is better than my BB

battery life is very good, coming from a 8900 with great battery life I did not notice how good the i4 battery is.

and also the sound clarity from the ear speaker is outstanding
    09-26-10 09:59 PM
    I always liked the 8900. It's a nice phone. Too bad no 3G support. I think the iphone battery is top notch. No complaints at all considering how often I am on the thing.

Very happy to be back with the iPhone.
    09-26-10 10:06 PM
    cant beat 7.5 hours on a charge with the screen and capabilities like it has
    09-26-10 10:08 PM
    cant beat 7.5 hours on a charge with the screen and capabilities like it has

Is that with playing on it most the day?
    09-26-10 10:10 PM
    Is that with playing on it most the day?
    yea that was one day when I wasnt talking on the phone at all and wifi was on
    09-26-10 10:14 PM
    Mine has been unplugged since 7:15 this morning. Numerous emails, constant surfing and 2-3 phone calls. I still have 23% left and it's 7:45 pm here. Not bad at all.
    09-26-10 10:46 PM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD