Congrats on the phone. As you can see we have all been enjoying the experience after owning blackberrys. Feeling pretty good about the purchase, but I have to say that using it as a phone, is different than what I've been accustomed. The flat design of the phone feels strange when holding it by your ear.
    Last edited by sallenthornton; 09-08-10 at 11:55 PM. Reason: ...
    09-08-10 11:43 PM
    I have been hanging on so dearly to my Bold 9000. In my opinion, it was the last great BlackBerry to come out of Waterloo. I recently dropped my Bold 9000 and the top left part of the screen cracked and no longer works. I have been eying the iP4 since it's release and I am finally going to make the switch. I love Viigo because I'm an avid blog reader but I know there are some great RSS readers for the iP4 and I can't wait to enjoy reading text on the retina display. Thanks BB for 5 great years but our journey together has ended... for now at least.
    09-09-10 09:28 PM
    I have been hanging on so dearly to my Bold 9000. In my opinion, it was the last great BlackBerry to come out of Waterloo. I recently dropped my Bold 9000 and the top left part of the screen cracked and no longer works. I have been eying the iP4 since it's release and I am finally going to make the switch. I love Viigo because I'm an avid blog reader but I know there are some great RSS readers for the iP4 and I can't wait to enjoy reading text on the retina display. Thanks BB for 5 great years but our journey together has ended... for now at least.
    Trust me there are much better RSS apps than Viigo for the iphone. Also having a screen bigger than a postage stamps makes for much easier reading and getting more content on the page
    09-09-10 09:43 PM
    Keep us updated. I'm always curious to hear what other blackberry users think of the iPhone. I'm a huge supporter of rim and I hope they get their products up to par with other manufacturers.

I have decided to sell my 9700 after using the iPhone for the last few days. iPhone 4 is a solid phone.
    09-09-10 09:47 PM
    Trust me there are much better RSS apps than Viigo for the iphone. Also having a screen bigger than a postage stamps makes for much easier reading and getting more content on the page
    Do you have any recommendations? I would be interested in feedback on some of these programs if possible.

Thanks
    09-09-10 09:52 PM
    Do you have any recommendations? I would be interested in feedback on some of these programs if possible.

Thanks
    MobileRSS is pretty good. There's a free version and a $3 version. Try the free one and upgrade to the paid one if you like it. There's also something called Hangman RSS which is oddly entertaining.
    09-09-10 10:59 PM
    Keep us updated. I'm always curious to hear what other blackberry users think of the iPhone. I'm a huge supporter of rim and I hope they get their products up to par with other manufacturers.

I have decided to sell my 9700 after using the iPhone for the last few days. iPhone 4 is a solid phone.
    I switched after 5+ years with RIM. Your sentiments here are exactly my feelings on the matter. Big supporter of RIM, and hope they can step up the game.

For now, I am truly enjoying the iPhone.
    09-10-10 09:23 AM
    Thanks. I will check them out. Usingthe phone has been interesting, simple and fun. I find myself playing with it often.
    09-10-10 09:23 AM
    I ditched my BB Pearl in May for the iPhone 3GS. Let's just say I haven't looked back. once. I don't have iPhone 4 envy either. I'm totally thrilled with what I have!
    I do agree that it took a bit of practice to get used to typing on the touch screen, but I love it now!
    09-15-10 12:48 PM
    MobileRSS is fantastic and i think free. I was using it up till last week and then got Reeder... I really like Reeder...worth the price. I think 1.99 or 2.99 not sure but it's great

QUOTE=Roo Zilla;5565740]MobileRSS is pretty good. There's a free version and a $3 version. Try the free one and upgrade to the paid one if you like it. There's also something called Hangman RSS which is oddly entertaining.[/QUOTE]
    09-15-10 01:30 PM
    MobileRSS is fantastic and i think free. I was using it up till last week and then got Reeder... I really like Reeder...worth the price. I think 1.99 or 2.99 not sure but it's great
    This!

Reeder is absolutely phenomenal. The iPad version is even better if you have one.
    09-16-10 06:09 PM
    The typing is not difficult to adjust to. In 30 days or so, you will regain nearly the same speed you had on a tactile keyboard. That is my experience.
    I agree. My husband had a 3G when they first came out and i hated the typing. Not a fan of touch anyway (although Love my Torch). However....he had the Torch for less than a wk before going to the ip4 and I was so surprised how easy and almost perfect my typing was on the ip4! I do love BB Torch but now after setting up my husband iphone for him I have to admit...I sit at home waiting so that I can Play with...(his iphone) when he gets home! LOL I can't upgrade now past my 30 days and not sure I really truly want to just now BUT boy is it a thought that's always sitting in the back of my mind!
    09-20-10 01:00 PM
    I just traded up my 8330 for the iPhone 4. Yeah the keyboard took a minute to get used to but all the pros of the phone outweigh the cons by a mile...or 2...maybe 5
    09-20-10 08:38 PM
    I am going iphone 4 after 4 years b berry....Rim blew it...cant wait to get my new i4
    09-20-10 08:52 PM
    I agree. My husband had a 3G when they first came out and i hated the typing. Not a fan of touch anyway (although Love my Torch). However....he had the Torch for less than a wk before going to the ip4 and I was so surprised how easy and almost perfect my typing was on the ip4! I do love BB Torch but now after setting up my husband iphone for him I have to admit...I sit at home waiting so that I can Play with...(his iphone) when he gets home! LOL I can't upgrade now past my 30 days and not sure I really truly want to just now BUT boy is it a thought that's always sitting in the back of my mind!
    Go get yourself an ipod Touch. The new one. And you'll have everything the iphone 4 has including retina display and face time.
    You can call too over Wi-Fi. You won't have to deal with bumpers though and all that antenna issue whether you believe it or not

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 04:18 PM
    Actually marc, I thought about that or the ipad but now hubby has the ip4 so when we're home and I get bored I have his ip. He really doesn't know what to do with it. Just wanted it cuz most his friends have them. Lol. So far I've set up his email and added few apps for him. (-: But I'm just a gadget geek and really just like to firgure things out when I'm bored. If I could afford it and it was totally up to me, I'd have my Torch, an iphone and perhaps an Android device just for fun and comparing for like 30 days say. To each his own. I LOVE my Torch, but am definitely curious about others.

09-21-10 04:30 PM
    @ hunoosh I know what you mean..look at my signature. That's all I can remember for now.
    Anyway, Nokia is coming out with an N8 and the latest Sony Ericsson looks interesting as well.

09-21-10 04:41 PM
    Oh and I forgot about the Nokias!!!! Lol. ATT sony android looks interesting too. Oh man I'm definitely in the wrong career. Lmbo.

09-21-10 04:45 PM
    I just ditched my bb 8530, for a i4! Its all about apples baby!!!!!!

09-23-10 08:42 PM
    Well... I sold my iPhone 4 forth torch and have regretted it. Being a bb user for years, I just thought I had to have a bb back. Boy was I wrong. The torch is a turd. after using the iPhone for a while-- it became apparent that the phone needs a lot of work. The torch's touch screen is absolutely horrid. Hated the phone immensely.

Anyway. I sold the torch and will be walking back to AT&T and paying the 599.00 for the iPhone back. I had high hopes for rim, but the torch is not what was looking for. I'm going to keep my on rim, while using an iPhone.
    09-23-10 09:20 PM
    Welcome to the club guys!!
    09-23-10 09:30 PM
    I really thought my 32GB i4 would be temporary since I'm just waiting for RIM to release the Torch up here.

After a few weeks with it, I don't think I can go back. Then, I saw the 9800 threads about Poor Quality Control issues (Track Ball, Keyboard, Screen, Creaks & Buttons Falling Off). My boy had to remind me that I EXCHANGED my Bold 9700 5x.

I would be crazy to sell my i4. If I can find a a new & cheap Bold 9700 or Torch, I will pick it up as a back-up. I sold my 9700 earlier than I wanted and it was a PITA using my boy's Nokia Dummy Phone.
    09-23-10 11:15 PM
    I really thought my 32GB i4 would be temporary since I'm just waiting for RIM to release the Torch up here.

After a few weeks with it, I don't think I can go back. Then, I saw the 9800 threads about Poor Quality Control issues (Track Ball, Keyboard, Screen, Creaks & Buttons Falling Off). My boy had to remind me that I EXCHANGED my Bold 9700 5x.

I would be crazy to sell my i4. If I can find a a new & cheap Bold 9700 or Torch, I will pick it up as a back-up. I sold my 9700 earlier than I wanted and it was a PITA using my boy's Nokia Dummy Phone.
    I think if you're using an iPhone 3GS (or 3G) and move to the Torch, you'll be fine and you won't miss much except the apps and the iPod. If you never used many apps or the iPod, you might not miss it at all. I think though, moving from i4 to Torch is a lot harder. There's just too much stuff. Right now if I had to use my 3GS (which I loved when I was using it), it would drive me nuts. Just the display alone would annoy the crap outta me.
    09-23-10 11:41 PM
    It's hard to go back from an iphone 4 to an iphone 3GS. How's that?
    But the reception/signal of the 3G and 3GS are far superior than the iphone 4. Maybe when a 4G comes out APPLE will have it right.

09-24-10 07:11 AM
    It's hard to go back from an iphone 4 to an iphone 3GS. How's that?
    But the reception/signal of the 3G and 3GS are far superior than the iphone 4. Maybe when a 4G comes out APPLE will have it right.

Reception with my i4 is leaps and bounds better than my previous 3GS or 3G. I live/work in an area with pretty good 3G reception and with my i4, I had 2 dropped calls in the last month. Previously, I would have multiple dropped calls everyday, I spend an average of 2-3 hours a day talking on the phone. I don't carry my phone in a case, but I don't naturally hold my phone where I cover the "death spot." I know there are people who do have issues with i4 reception, but I'm not one of them and mine actually got better.

As for the why it's hard to go back to 3GS, i4 is a much better phone all around. The first and most obvious difference is the screen. I no longer zoom to read text when I use the browser as most webpages are readable as is. The battery life absolutely kills the battery life on the 3GS. Previously if I didn't charge my battery sometime during the day, my 3GS would be in the red zone around 2PM. Now I get through the day. The phone in use is much smoother. For some that doesn't matter, because perception of speed is a subjective experience. I know people who couldn't tell the difference between a 3G and a 3GS, but for me, the difference was huge. The difference between 3GS and i4 isn't as big as the difference between 3GS and 3G, but it is significant, especially if you use stuff like VNC, which requires a lot of RAM. I personally would have upgraded for this alone. Finally, because I get a lot of large email attachments, I really appreciate HSDPA 7.2. Before on the 3GS, I rarely got over 1Mbps, now I usually get over 2Mbps and sometimes get over 5Mbps. The better camera, HD video recording, and HDR photos are just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-24-10 at 11:04 AM.
    09-24-10 10:19 AM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD