06-10-11 04:34 PM
    Apple could argue that the name "iCloud Communications" in itself is a trade mark but not "iCloud" by itself.

I think these guys are looking for some fast cash
    06-10-11 04:41 PM
    Apple could argue that the name "iCloud Communications" in itself is a trade mark but not "iCloud" by itself.

I think these guys are looking for some fast cash
    That would kill their case against Amazon who as one of their defenses is that "Appstore" is a generic term whereas "Apple Appstore" is a valid trademark.
    06-10-11 05:07 PM
    UGH, this trademarking of words/phrases.......... whatever. btw I've trademarked that and anyone who uses it owes me
    06-10-11 05:15 PM
    iApple iForgot iTo iTrademark iThat iName lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 06:24 PM
    icopy.......
    06-10-11 11:42 PM
    iCloud communications deals with VOIP stuff. iCloud is for online storage. As long as Apple doesn't try to associate the trademark with VOIP stuff I don't see why there'd be an issue.
    06-11-11 12:10 AM
    Lol, tell that to Monster Cables. It's not really that much of a stretch...

The irony is in Apple's own name. Wasnt that lifted from the Beatles? IIRC, they allowed them to license the name since they were in the computer industry, not the music industry...
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 06-11-11 at 12:44 AM.
    06-11-11 12:18 AM
    Lol, tell that to Monster Cables. It's not really that much of a stretch...

The irony is in Apple's own name. Wasnt that lifted from the Beatles? IIRC, they allowed them to license the name since they were in the computer industry, not the music industry...
    Apple Compter and Apple Corp have been to court numerous times the past few decades. Each time Apple Computer eventually paying a settlement. Last I recall, they're pretty much in bed with each other now.
    06-11-11 10:21 AM
    Exactly. And its not like they are referring to a different cloud... VOIP and online storage practically overlap already.

Didn't they also have a problem with iPhone and iPad already being existing devices?
    If he thought he could pull it off, iJobs would probably try to make apple growers change the name of their fruit...
    06-11-11 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD