My AIM icon is now a faded out fandango icon , i uninstalled the APP and reinstalled it and it did the same thing , also tried a powercycle , no luck ... any ideas ?
    06-20-09 03:15 PM
    That's weird. Try to delete both from the phone and PC. Then d/l from the PC and sync it to the iPhone.
    06-20-09 08:43 PM
    Just tried that and it still turns into a faded black fandango icon , but still says AIM .. weird.
    06-21-09 02:06 AM
    My AIM icon is now a faded out fandango icon , i uninstalled the APP and reinstalled it and it did the same thing , also tried a powercycle , no luck ... any ideas ?
    This is happening 2 me but with Skype and Twitterrific. Skype has the IM+Icon and Twitterrific has the IQ test Icon. I have deleted them both from the phone and itunes and re-download it them and im still having the same issues. Both of the apps work perfect but the icon are from other app...oh, and they are kinda of faded (skype and twitterrific)
    06-21-09 03:07 AM
    06-21-09 03:15 AM
    Weird. I don't use AIM. I use BeeJive.
    06-21-09 11:58 AM
    I had the same problem yesterday, but with different apps. It was an issue with mobilesubstrate. Just open up Cydia and there should be an update there for you to install. It will fix the issue
    06-21-09 01:26 PM
    it looks like your AIM wants to be a fandango.. it doesn't like being AIM .. just let it be
    06-21-09 01:58 PM
    Yeah. I'd just let it be. It would bother me, but as long as AIM is still working fine, it's fine.
    06-21-09 02:05 PM
    Well at least i know i am not crazy now , lol, yeah i dont know why its doing that , i looked for an update and there isnt .. so im not sure ..... And just letting it be is still not going to work for me lol, the icons are the easy way of navigating , now i have to actually read !!!! LOL .
    06-21-09 02:12 PM
    Well at least i know i am not crazy now , lol, yeah i dont know why its doing that , i looked for an update and there isnt .. so im not sure ..... And just letting it be is still not going to work for me lol, the icons are the easy way of navigating , now i have to actually read !!!! LOL .
    Really? I opened up Cydia last night and an upgrade popped up for mobilesubstrate (under changes). I installed it and the icons went back to normal. Weird.
    06-21-09 03:45 PM
    the update should appear automatically saying there are essential updates. I had the problem with a few of my icons but the problem diminished after doing a respring. if you don't have sbssettings you may want to grab that

Edit: scratch that, I see your on 3gs so you are just having a non jb issue so it isn't MS. wonder what the cause could be :/
    Last edited by spawn026; 06-22-09 at 01:45 PM.
    06-22-09 01:41 PM
    LOl, yeah , im not sure what the problem is , i was thinking for a while that it could be a 3gs issue but its not on my cousins , so i think its something people have on the device , i also tought it could be because thoes apps Aim , was being updated or something .. idk .. lol just some random thoughts lol
    06-22-09 01:50 PM
    I fynally got skype 2 display the correct Icon (after deleting it a 1,025,234,992 times and re-installing) but twitterrific is showing the wrong icon still. Dont know whats going on, but it is driving me crazy
    Im staying at a friends house and her housemate is an app developer and Ive showed him the icons, and he is trying 2 fix it for me but cant seem 2 find a solution
    I know is not that big of a deal but its just driving me crazy
    06-23-09 06:10 PM
    Here is a fix but its kind of messy and if you reset it may happen again

Iphone App Icon duplication problem FIX | The Fifth Corner
    06-24-09 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD