Can someone provide me with detailed directions, and solid links if available, on how to jailbreak my ipod 3g on OS4. I've been looking online but have only found/read directions on jailberaking the ipod 2g and iphone. I don't know if the directions are the same for the 3g touch.

Thanks in advance.
    06-25-10 10:00 AM
    It's not possible. iTunes 9.2 won't work with any current jailbreaks, even Spirit.

I tried yesterday, and nothing.

Apple just released an update to iTunes in the form of iTunes 9.2, however, if you jailbreak your iPhone, here is some advice from the dev team.

Don’t install today’s iTunes 9.2 if you plan on using Spirit for fresh JB (but it’s fine for PwnageTool & redsn0w users)

Do no upgrade to iTunes 9.2 if you are using the Spirit jailbreaking tool, however, if you are using redsn0w or PwnageTool to jailbreak the iPhone you can safely upgrade to iTunes 9.2.

Apple will also be releasing iOS4 for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and the iPod Touch shortly. iOS4 will be made available as a free update and can only be installed using iTunes 9.2, so if you have used Spirit to jailbreak your device you will have to wait till an update is available to it.
    Jailbreakers Don’t Upgrade to iTunes 9.2 For "Spirit", Ok for redsn0w and PwnageTool

And just in case: http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/ios...uch-3g-487330/
    Last edited by fabuloso; 06-25-10 at 05:39 PM.
    06-25-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD