Morning all -

If you're using GMail Exchange on your iPhone or iPad, what's the BEST way to truly delete an email from said device and have it move to the Bin\Trash in GMail? Hence when I log into my GMail account online, the emails are actually in the Bin\Trash?

I think this issue and having ads online when viewing GMail email is what I hate the most...

Thanks in advance

Ivan
    10-25-11 07:16 AM
    When I delete it from device (s) it goes into the trash. In other words if I get an email on my phone, delete it there it is gone from web mail.

Are you sure you have setup as an exchange account. Not by clicking on the GMAIL icon in the setup on the phone but using the EXCHANGE icon.
    10-25-11 07:55 AM
    ...yes, it is set as Exchange. I even removed it, and re-added it, too.
    10-25-11 11:24 AM
    This kind of stuff is the reason I use mobile safari to view my gmail and am not interested in an iPhone yet. It's not intuitive.
    10-25-11 11:56 AM
    Navi so what I am hearing is when you delete a mail off you phone it is still in your inbox via the webmail?
    10-25-11 12:15 PM
    Gmail on Exchange works perfectly for me.
    10-25-11 12:19 PM
    Accidental Post, your right. Thanks for your response...

But, I just remembered I have a nuevasync account. I reconnected with that account today, and it is working as it should...
    10-25-11 03:10 PM
    Most people set a tag for deleted messages and just move it in there. Google, for whatever reason, has it setup to archive messages instead of deleting them when you choose delete under Exchange.

Personally...I just use IMAP and set it to fetch every 15 minutes. I don't "need" e-mails more often than that.
    10-25-11 10:10 PM
    I noticed when I delete stuff from my inbox, it's still there in my "all mail" box. When I delete it from THAT box as well-- then it's really gone for good. And yes, I'm. set up as an exchange. It works great and shockingly-- the push is as fast as my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 10:59 PM
    I noticed when I delete stuff from my inbox, it's still there in my "all mail" box. When I delete it from THAT box as well-- then it's really gone for good. And yes, I'm. set up as an exchange. It works great and shockingly-- the push is as fast as my BB.

I know this goes against conventional wisdom, but if you aren't a BES user the exchange and mail functionality on the iPhone beats what RIM offers these days. BIS syncing with Google is a joke and having truncated messages in this day in age is just ridiculous.

I still think RIM makes some decent phones, but (IMHO) the dominance that RIM once had with BIS has been completely washed away.
    10-26-11 10:00 AM
    I have to say, I'd rather put up with truncated emails than the native IOS email app. For some reason, I don't like it and use webmail.

BES, which I am on, is far better than IOS.
    10-26-11 10:27 AM
    I really can't choose between the two and I find myself bouncing back and forth. I use 4S on the Apple side and a 9900 on the BB side. I think they each have their own charm (and I'm not playing both sides-- I REALLY can't decide. I wish I could.... then there wouldn't be a dozen cables/chargers/bases everywhere. lol)
    Speaking of emailing though...Something to note-- I have an LG Optimus 2X Android that I use sometimes at home on wifi for bedtime reading of news, crackberry, etc. As well as emailing. Strange thing is , my google stuff--emails, appointments, contacts, seem to sync more seamlessly with my ios devices. I find that surprising since Android is a Google product.

10-27-11 05:54 AM
    I like the way my mails work. For my actual exchange account (work) I periodically move mails to personal folders from my laptop, so that clears the phone out for me. And I love with my yahoo mail that I can move stuff to my yahoo folders (which will also remove the mail from the phone).

I love my iPhone. I need a bud light!
    10-27-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD