Hey I own an iTouch, but I can't imagine it's that different from an iPhone. I was wondering if it's possible to delete the factory-installed apps on the itouch like "Maps", "Voice Memos", "Contacts", "stocks" etc. I only have internet on my itouch when i have wifi (which isn't all that often) so half of these apps are useless to me. Even more useless are the ones that you would only put on a phone (contacts, maps) or "voice memos" which requires a microphone that the itouch doesn't have.

So yeah if someone could tell me how to get rid of these that would be great.

REMINDER:
    If your method of getting rid of them involves jailbreaking, don't bother posting because that will void my warranty I'm pretty sure and I forked over like an extra $20 bucks or whatever it was for the extended warranty.
    08-10-09 07:10 PM
    Hey I own an iTouch, but I can't imagine it's that different from an iPhone. I was wondering if it's possible to delete the factory-installed apps on the itouch like "Maps", "Voice Memos", "Contacts", "stocks" etc. I only have internet on my itouch when i have wifi (which isn't all that often) so half of these apps are useless to me. Even more useless are the ones that you would only put on a phone (contacts, maps) or "voice memos" which requires a microphone that the itouch doesn't have.

So yeah if someone could tell me how to get rid of these that would be great.

REMINDER:
    If your method of getting rid of them involves jailbreaking, don't bother posting because that will void my warranty I'm pretty sure and I forked over like an extra $20 bucks or whatever it was for the extended warranty.
    I don't even know if you can do it with jailbreaking, but jailbreaking would be the only way if there is one. You can not delete native apps. It is part of Mobile OSX.

If you are worried about jailbreaking, it really is painless. If anything EVER goes wrong, you just restore with iTunes and it is back to factory settings. Apple will never find out. Just don't bring the thing to the store while it's jailbroken lol.
    08-10-09 08:39 PM
    first off no you can't delete the factory apps on a standard iphone or itouch.

but if you jailbreak it there are apps and packages you can download that allow you to hide or delete any icon.

jailbreak i easy and simple and on an itouch i def would since there is no security risk like the iphone. go for it!!!
    08-10-09 10:35 PM
    are the jailbreaking procedures for an itouch the same as the stickied one on this iphone forum?
    08-10-09 11:33 PM
    are the jailbreaking procedures for an itouch the same as the stickied one on this iphone forum?
    are you running 2.2.1? or 3.0? i would hop on over to youtube and search a video on how to jailbreak it offer great tutorial and you get to pause and rewind as you go.
    08-10-09 11:46 PM
    you can jailbreak and hide them if you wanted to, but you can't uninstall
    08-27-09 01:49 AM
    I have uninstalled stocks before on my iPhone. It was jailbroken though. Just opened Diskaid and went into application and deleted the app. When I resprung the icon was gone. I don't know if it deleted the whole application, but it was gone.
    08-28-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD