When I delete email on my Iphone, the email is still on the Comcast server even though the setting in iphone is checked to delete from server when removed from in box. Does anyone know why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 07:34 PM
    are you using the email from the iphone? Some servers wont set up (snyc) is probably a better word. I was using hotmail and had the same exact problem....well I downloaded mbox mail from the app store. This will snyc with a few emails and runs great! Only con is I think it may not notify if new emails. It may but I havent figure that out yet
    02-07-10 10:30 PM
    I found out that the problem is with Comcast. Apparently, Comcast has a POP server rather than an IMPA server. There's nothing we can do to change the fact that emails can't be deleted from the server from the Iphone, but Apple does have a Comcast app that addresses the probelm somewhat, but email is not pushed through as it is with the Iphone email.
    02-13-10 08:47 AM
    Yea you need IMAP for this to work.
    02-13-10 02:02 PM
    Yea you need IMAP for this to work.
    Figures! I just ordered an Iphone today and I have comcast mail. Does anyone know if I can forward Comcast email to gmail?

08-07-10 09:10 PM
    Figures! I just ordered an Iphone today and I have comcast mail. Does anyone know if I can forward Comcast email to gmail?

prolly easier just to make a gmail account when all is said and done
    08-08-10 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD