I've been going back and forth on buying an iPhone and frankly I'm sick of it. Lol. I'll be going with an iPhone 8 gig refurb. I choose this because it's only 50 bucks with a 1 year contract with my employer. I do get 30 days to try it out right? Also about emails, I use gmail on my blackberry, will I be able to get that setup like my storm on the iPhone?

Ps. Typing this on my itouch and loving it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 06:06 PM
    Yes, you can set up the e-mail for your gmail.
    07-26-09 06:57 PM
    Gmail Imap is fantastic on the iPhone.
    07-26-09 07:03 PM
    Gmail IMAP is awesome, but you will have to set it to fetch every 15 minutes (lowest), forward your gmail to a push account, or get Nueva Sync @ $25/yr.

The could be other methods, but that's the main ones that are out.
    07-26-09 07:50 PM
    Well after a small fight about not being able to talk to eachother free (we use maybe 100 in minutes a month) I gave in and will have to continue hating my storm for the next year. Everything was fine till I went to order, she knew my "trying" the iPhone would turn into buying. O'well, suckin it up with the storm yet again

07-26-09 08:26 PM
    Well after a small fight about not being able to talk to eachother free (we use maybe 100 in minutes a month) I gave in and will have to continue hating my storm for the next year. Everything was fine till I went to order, she knew my "trying" the iPhone would turn into buying. O'well, suckin it up with the storm yet again

Sorry to hear that. But, hey, after all, it's just a phone. Better to let this particular battle go than deal with a grumpy spouse.
    07-26-09 08:38 PM
    U got it

07-26-09 08:49 PM

Live to "argue" another day , in the end it is not worth it for just a phone. You have your priorities in order.
    07-27-09 08:58 AM
    can't you get the MY5 thing or Fav 5, what ever it is called in America...? 5 numbers, UNLIMITED TALK & TEXT ??? That would solve the "Not being able to talk to easch other for free" Oo in canada it's free with almost every plan on every carrier :O
    07-29-09 07:08 PM
    I hear where you're coming from, my brotha. My fiancee has been giving me all kinds of sh*t since I told her I want an iPhone. She seems to feel that it's important that both of us have Blackberries...and she's a dedicated Mac user! My advice? Grow a set and get what you feel is best for you. It's unfair for a spouse to impose his/her view on something as trivial as a phone.

She'll get over it
    Last edited by igorsky; 07-30-09 at 10:43 AM.
    07-30-09 10:39 AM
    There is no Fav5/Circle/whatever on ATT. That means someone on Verizon can call you and it will not use minutes on their plan (but it will use minutes on your plan).

Just convince your S.O. that you have several hundred minutes and will not go over just from talking to each other.
    07-30-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD