I was really hoping Cydia w/jailbreak would make the iphone as customizable as the blackberrys, but have yet to find apps to control vibrations or notifications in general? This is a huge downfall on the Iphone and I was hoping there was atleast a fix out there. Am I missing something? Blackberrys are fully customizable in their profiles, but the Iphone is horrible in this department. Not sure what s. Jops and his teams are thinking, but this is a dissapointment. Please point me in the right direction with Jailbreak.

Thanks
    09-06-09 06:54 PM
    I was really hoping Cydia w/jailbreak would make the iphone as customizable as the blackberrys, but have yet to find apps to control vibrations or notifications in general? This is a huge downfall on the Iphone and I was hoping there was atleast a fix out there. Am I missing something? Blackberrys are fully customizable in their profiles, but the Iphone is horrible in this department. Not sure what s. Jops and his teams are thinking, but this is a dissapointment. Please point me in the right direction with Jailbreak.

Thanks
    Not so sure yet about the profiles thing as I have yet to explore that. But I
    just installed "Textual Status Notify" which allows you to see that you have a
    new text, e-mail, IM, or even calendar appointment on your status bar. Even
    on the lock screen. You need to install WinterBoard first and then activate
    it through there. Most of the great apps that make the phone customizable
    use WinterBoard.
    09-06-09 06:58 PM
    Not so sure yet about the profiles thing as I have yet to explore that. But I
    just installed "Textual Status Notify" which allows you to see that you have a
    new text, e-mail, IM, or even calendar appointment on your status bar. Even
    on the lock screen. You need to install WinterBoard first and then activate
    it through there. Most of the great apps that make the phone customizable
    use WinterBoard.
    Thanks. I have winterboard loaded up so I will get this one. Really hoping there is some type of custom vibration. At least one that will make the calendar do more than one quick vibe. I rely on this with my BB.
    09-06-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD