The past couple of days when I go to open up cydia and it does all of it's loading and downloading packages at the top of the screen, when it gets to downloading packages it just keeps going and going and doesn't seem to stop. It usually only takes a few seconds and it's done, I let it go for about 10 minutes and it still wasn't done. Has anyone else had this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 08:31 AM
    Ipad or iPhone? I know that Cydia is incrementally getting attuned to 4.2.1 on the iPad and so this may be the reason? I've had something similar with my iPad recently although it does seem to have cleared up now.
    12-17-10 12:02 AM
    have u tried to update to the new cydia?
    12-22-10 09:15 PM
    have u tried to update to the new cydia?
    And how do update to the new cydia?

12-23-10 08:08 PM
    I jail broke my iPhone just yesterday. I added a theme, worked great, and then everything got all wonky on me. The download would start and ask about rewriting over an existing item... Then froze.

Maybe I'm just not experienced enough in where to go, what to do and exactly how it all works (springboard and winterboard). Or, the program was just experiencing glitches.
    12-23-10 10:38 PM
    I don't think you can update cydia like that but it might be becaue of the amount of people trying to access it.
    12-24-10 03:44 AM
    Ihackmyi is a good start or look into cydia for iforumx it will put an app in your phone then go to tutorials and look for the new cydia. I thing if you are on main page of cydia go to the boton and look for the package version, I believe the new one ends with 66. Sorry I can't help you more because mine was stolen christmas eve.

12-27-10 12:20 PM
    The past couple of days when I go to open up cydia and it does all of it's loading and downloading packages at the top of the screen, when it gets to downloading packages it just keeps going and going and doesn't seem to stop. It usually only takes a few seconds and it's done, I let it go for about 10 minutes and it still wasn't done. Has anyone else had this problem?

You actually can update Cydia like that, and it's quite simple actually.
    @fishaddict try following this article to manually update Cydia
    01-03-11 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD