Apple: customer demand for iPad 2 is ‘amazing’ | BGR

Just watching what has been going on over the past couple days is nothing short of amazing. I saw the report on Engadget where people stood outside Best Buy stores on Saturday and Sunday hoping they would get another shipment in. That's just ridiculous. The iPad 2 may not be the most complete tablet but it is clearly the people's choice.

Not to mention it's processor stomps on the Xoom . People that worry about specs all the time will ignore this though. But it gives you the best experience for a tablet. Until other companies come out with an OS that is as polished and easy to use their sales will always be small compared to the iPad. They can criticize lack of flash, no SD slot, having to use iTunes and blah blah blah but obviously none of that matters to general consumers. And I'm sure anyone that buys an iPad are "sheep" . Other companies wish they had "sheep" like that.
    03-14-11 12:12 PM
    Don't worry. People around here are saying PB is "perfect".
    03-14-11 12:13 PM
    After the first one was released 11 months ago, I'm surprised that there is so much
    demand for tablets period. Apple really drums up interest in things overall.
    03-14-11 12:14 PM
    It's a BB fan site. People were going around saying the Torch was perfect as well. Actually, people still are. I don't understand why, because every time I use that device, and BB OS 6, I feel like I go back in time.
    03-14-11 12:18 PM
    And (in Civic's words) still in a show and tell stage for 6 months now
    03-14-11 12:19 PM
    It's a BB fan site. People were going around saying the Torch was perfect as well. Actually, people still are. I don't understand why, because every time I use that device, and BB OS 6, I feel like I go back in time.
    I agree but as a fan of a certain product or company I always have the wait and see approach. I definitely will not proclaim something to be great before it's released no matter who makes it. People that do that for the playbook are hypocrites. They swear Apple and people "brainwashed" yet they are sipping on RIM's koolaid and upgrading to inferior products all the time. I will never understand that.
    03-14-11 12:23 PM
    After the first one was released 11 months ago, I'm surprised that there is so much
    demand for tablets period. Apple really drums up interest in things overall.
    I was really surprised by the demand for this. I remember last year when the first one dropped, I walked into an Apple store the day after release and picked up one no problem. On friday..... that same Apple store had over 600 people in line waiting for 5PM. Needless to say they sold out of everything that night.
    03-14-11 12:25 PM
    well the new Ipad 2 owners are in for a surprise, the camera/ video camera are just horrible..reminds me of the ipod touch 4th gen.
    but if you can live with that, then it's one stylish device.
    03-14-11 12:33 PM
    I agree but as a fan of a certain product or company I always have the wait and see approach. I definitely will not proclaim something to be great before it's released no matter who makes it. People that do that for the playbook are hypocrites. They swear Apple and people "brainwashed" yet they are sipping on RIM's koolaid and upgrading to inferior products all the time. I will never understand that.
    Agreed. I don't judge something until I use it.

And I know what you mean. People like to throw the word "sheep" around when it comes to Apple users, yet you have people on EVERY platform who can be categorized the same way.
    03-14-11 12:37 PM
    well the new Ipad 2 owners are in for a surprise, the camera/ video camera are just horrible..reminds me of the ipod touch 4th gen.
    I agree with you about the cameras. But I'm guessing that the people that are waiting in line for these things most likely don't care. If they did, they probably would have done a little research to see what is being said. I'm just going to assume that the majority of people buying aren't hardcore techies and aren't concerned about camera quality as much as we do. But again, I do agree with you because I wish they would have put better cameras on it.
    03-14-11 01:01 PM
    they don't care. they will take pics with Iphone 4s. all they care about is that little logo. if it has it. they want it.
    03-14-11 01:16 PM
    they don't care. they will take pics with Iphone 4s. all they care about is that little logo. if it has it. they want it.
    i am with you on the if it has that little logo, they WANT it and will WANT the next one after that.

APPLE as a company is Excellent in deciding FOR the consumer, which is both good and bad. Good for the majority of the average user, but not so good for people like me who wants a bit of something else from their purchase.
    And i am willing to admit that i'm part of a minority.

Since 2007 when i upgraded my Powerbook to a Macbook Pro i have been sending emails to apple ( and even to Mr. Jobs himself) to consider including a Blu-Ray player on a Mac.

and now the year is 2011... and guess what?

i totally understand the direction that Apple wants to "push" the people to, streaming, itunes, apple TV etc but until they can do something with that 720p... i'm still gonna buy Blu-Ray and watch it on a Big Screen TV.

now going back to the ipad1/ipad 2.. for now it's gonna be a download then erase after viewing to free memory space when watching Movies.
    03-14-11 02:25 PM
    I was in Boulder when it dropped, and there were folks lined up at the store at 5pm waiting to buy one, maybe 30-40. I iPad is a lot like the iPod back in around 2003: First bigtime hard drive MP3 player, but the competitors came at it fast and furious. I had a Dell DJ then (way better battery, lower price by $100). Remember the Microsoft ZUNE? Remember the Creative Labs players? Sony players? Remember all the forums for MP3 players? Gone and largely forgotten, because Apple makes their devices simple to use, their OS is the best, iTunes rocks (remember MusicMatch?) and they don't mess with success. The iPad will be the same way: fast, beautiful, simple to figure out. And I'll be getting one you can bet on that. I'm still a PC user too.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 03-14-11 at 05:09 PM.
    03-14-11 05:05 PM
    If only RIM had also made a 10" Playbook. It would be perfect . I'm not say saying get rid of the 7" I'm saying to add the 10" as an option as well.

And the Torch isn't perfect (coming from a long time BB user). Why? Because it doesn't have the gaming experience found on the iOS and Android devices. Also no good gaming apps. Once the QNX devices drops, then we'll talk about perfection.

As far as the iPad 2 goes, I was expecting something like this because the iPad 1 had a great multimedia experience and the iPad 2 just made it even better. I used to hate the iPad when it first came out because of it's limited features but when my sister won one a few weeks ago, I started to play around with it only to notice that there is no multimedia experience like what the iPad offers (at the time not now because of the new tablets that have entered the game as well). Typing on it is great, I'm currently typing on it as fast and accurate as I would on a laptop. Never thought I'd say this guys but Steve Jobs made me swallow my own words lol.
    Last edited by luqman24; 03-14-11 at 06:18 PM.
    03-14-11 06:14 PM
    I just sold my ipad 64 gb wifi on craigslist for $ 550 .

They hold there value too..

Ill have to wait a few days for my new one.

When the ipad 3 comes out ill just sell my ipad 2.

its a simple process.....
    03-14-11 09:56 PM
    Unfortunately Playbook fans and iPad2 fans are in the same boat - want one, can't get one. At least they have that in common.
    03-14-11 11:04 PM
    Unfortunately Playbook fans and iPad2 fans are in the same boat - want one, can't get one. At least they have that in common.
    Except many iPad 2 fans already have one. Not to mention they already knew the release date. They didn't have a 6 month wait time when it was announced.
    03-15-11 12:12 PM
    Except many iPad 2 fans already have one. Not to mention they already knew the release date. They didn't have a 6 month wait time when it was announced.
    Good point. But hey atleast RIM has something to be known for right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 04:48 PM
    Good point. But hey atleast RIM has something to be known for right?

Yea, they can add that to the list lol.
    03-15-11 05:26 PM
    Did knowing the release date help you to get one though?

03-15-11 05:57 PM
    Did knowing the release date help you to get one though?

No, I don't want one.

I have absolutely no use for a tablet. It would be a waste of my money.
    03-15-11 09:27 PM
    Marv and I don't often see eye to eye on things.

But there are a few things we happen to agree on - we won't be adding quiche to our diets anytime soon, we do our tanning on Mars, and we definitely don't line up to buy girly gadgets (especially the pearly-white ones).

Unfortunately Ms. Trueheart caught wind of Apple's little bake sale last week:

Welcome to TechNewsWorld

...and she put the word out that one of those fancy white ones could be more fun than a lap dog. So I (and sum 'da boys), convinced Marv that it would be in his best interest to score one of those fancy white ones for her.

Well, we dumped his sorry rump at the front of the line and when he came to a couple of hours later he was chagrined to find the shelves were bare and all he got was a "golden ticket" for his uh, efforts (ya that's it).

So...Jobsy...if you're listenin'...Marv is not a happy camper today, and he's just got one question for ya....
    03-15-11 09:47 PM
    If anything, that's something i love about apple. The annouce their products and people can pick one up the following next pretty much.
    03-16-11 08:29 AM
    I'm amazed at the number of Apple juice drinkers that will come to a BlackBerry website and have a circle j**k party about how great their refreshed IPad2 is with the .7 megapixel front facing camera.

Last edited by beamolite; 03-17-11 at 09:44 PM.
    03-17-11 09:30 PM
    No doubt about it, Big Boy, Flat top and Mumbles got the drop on Marv but good - and did a little tap dancing on his head (mixing a little business with pleasure as it were).

Then they out-foxed the geniuses in the blue T�s and made off with the lion�s share of those fancy white gadgets that Ms. Trueheart was fawning over.

iPad cads scalping buyers - NYPOST.com

I "gently" persuaded Marv to break the bad news to her gently, and in the meantime I got word from two of Mumbles' heavies that securing one of these doodads was gonna set me back 20 Benjamins.

Ms. Trueheart patched up Marv and now we�re off to see if we can convince Mumbles to um, accept a slightly lower offer�.no worries Jobsy, we�ve got a dozen apps for that.
    03-17-11 09:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD