A nice Read written by Rob Enderle. Has some interesting comments regarding iPhone and Apple in general. I always enjoy reading his content.
    Why Is It OK to Abuse Customers? | Tech Buzz | TechNewsWorld

Posted via CB10
    TGIS likes this.
    04-17-17 06:50 PM
    And yet Apple has one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings....

Guy would have a field day with how BlackBerry has treated their "most loyal" over the years.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-18-17 09:13 AM
    Executives IBM, Steve Jobs and others, with their ears to the ground say....I need this product in 18 months (or whatever)...the development team says ....we can realistically do that in 24-36months (though some of it is so new, we won't know if we hit roadblocks...until we hit them) .....the executives say we need to monitize our investment faster, and we'll lose market momentum if we don't hit 18.....development team says okay 18 it is (but we still really think it will take 36 to do it right)....and that is how buggy products go out the door, not a conspiracy....all of them used to do it...the less buggy ones were usually less innovative or risk taking, or not the first to market. So I think that gives the article some perspective....but I still don't really like the tight-control but pretty picture, iOS platforms are jeans that might look good, but are too tight, and not comfortable...The bb10 environment was comfortable and .android can get to be feeling a little kludgy-like and like wearing sweatpants out in public though, with a drawstring or elastic that unexpectedly gives on you at the wrong times, if a user goes too far meddling with it.
    04-23-17 03:29 AM
    Those figures, 18 and 36 months of course were for major innovative pieces of software, and not apps - that the world focuses on now. Though I suppose some apps may have those initial development cycles still (concept to ramp-up to devloment to packaging to delivery)
    04-23-17 03:33 AM
    Executives IBM, Steve Jobs and others, with their ears to the ground say....I need this product in 18 months (or whatever)...the development team says ....we can realistically do that in 24-36months (though some of it is so new, we won't know if we hit roadblocks...until we hit them) .....the executives say we need to monitize our investment faster, and we'll lose market momentum if we don't hit 18.....development team says okay 18 it is (but we still really think it will take 36 to do it right)....and that is how buggy products go out the door, not a conspiracy....all of them used to do it...the less buggy ones were usually less innovative or risk taking, or not the first to market. So I think that gives the article some perspective....but I still don't really like the tight-control but pretty picture, iOS platforms are jeans that might look good, but are too tight, and not comfortable...The bb10 environment was comfortable and .android can get to be feeling a little kludgy-like and like wearing sweatpants out in public though, with a drawstring or elastic that unexpectedly gives on you at the wrong times, if a user goes too far meddling with it.
    Does it also explain buggy BlackBerry devices? Or something else into play?
    04-23-17 04:17 AM
    I'd guess that jailbreaking and sideloading apps might come into significant play (for bugginess) ...because to some extent they can be experimental (or very mature).
    Can't say i've encountered buggy BlackBerry devices, and found the base device to be extremely reliable ..now you do expose yourself to some additional risk if you jailbreak (Android/Apple), or 3rd party developers release in the same manner as above., or patches get hastely released - or released later than the expectations had set them to be, and you rush to make the deadline. You don't jailbreak a BlackBerry I gather, but you can sideload apps or you can build your own that might operate in a quircky manner.
    04-23-17 12:00 PM
    To put it another way....Apple feels like it was designed by a control freak, Android a little like a polit-bureau committee, and BlackBerry felt more entrepreneurial and natural.
    04-23-17 12:05 PM
    If there's anything we can count on in this universe, it's that Rob Enderle will be consistently wrong about Apple. He's been doing it since at least 2002.

Whenever Enderle says anything about Apple, assume the opposite is true.
    04-23-17 02:02 PM