Well on my 2008 taxes I made less than half of that, take home. But include benefits and stip I believe you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 01:09 AM
    Being a ways up the corp ladder than the call center group, I guess I don't know what I am talking about. But with benefits and all, the average call center rep's compensation works out to around $60k. At 2080 hours in a pay year, you do the math.

I would LOVE to know where a care rep is making this kind of money. AT&T starts their reps out at $10.50/hr here for customer service. VZW tech starts at around $12.50/hr.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-21-09 at 01:28 AM.
    08-21-09 01:25 AM
    Well on my 2008 taxes I made less than half of that, take home. But include benefits and stip I believe you.

I'm with you man.. If I made $60k a year doing what I do, then I would stay for good. Even the benefits don't add up to $60k. Oh and that's tech support.
    08-21-09 01:27 AM
    Please note I said compensation package, not hourly pay. This includes all the company costs related to employment of an individual. Some of you might also consider your tenure and some might look at performance. An employer cannot look solely at hourly take home.

08-21-09 08:26 AM
    Please note I said compensation package, not hourly pay. This includes all the company costs related to employment of an individual. Some of you might also consider your tenure and some might look at performance. An employer cannot look solely at hourly take home.

I understand what you're saying. However my initial comment was about hourly pay. Not benefits. As far as km concerned VZW can shove their benefits. No amount of money is worth what I went through for that company. I don't even know if $20/hour would be enough for me personally knowing that even the most tenured of employees are still expendable. And I'm talking at any level of the company.

08-21-09 09:48 AM
    So this thread was about the iphone... I would test it out when it gets released but I don't know if it could replace my berry
    08-21-09 09:53 AM
    I wouldn't!

Unless Apple could manage to do the simplest things like add a flash, removable battery and SD slot, I will always look the other way!

That commercial for the 3Gs that goes .... "IPHONE.... NOW WITH VIDEO" will always make me sick lol

And let me not even get into the copy/paste issue! ughhhh
    08-22-09 01:09 PM
    The iPhone does a nice job of copy and paste now. It doesn't need frequent battery pulls, so removing it isn't a problem for most. It has enough power to last you all day. Instead you might look at things like AT&T blocking things and Apple's policy against jailbreaking.

08-22-09 01:28 PM
    The iPhone does a nice job of copy and paste now. It doesn't need frequent battery pulls, so removing it isn't a problem for most. It has enough power to last you all day. Instead you might look at things like AT&T blocking things and Apple's policy against jailbreaking.

Hey AM this is funny. I hope the IPhone does not need a battery pull as it has to be done by apple. They do not battery door like most other phones. Which also means if you need a battery, its off to an apple store
    08-22-09 01:42 PM

the time it took for apple to impliment copy/paste was enough for me to lose my interest in iphone all together. Then the new video feature...ughhhhh! it took em 2 years to add this? Lets remind apple that even the basic freebees have video, and for that matter, flash, removable memory, and even a removable battery!

Now to that issue... a nonremovable battery is a crucial mistake and I'm still trying to wrap myself around that move by apple. Regardless of it holding a days charge, a 2nd battery option is a must, especially for a device so data/graphic/app intensive! Even if from day one it holds a good charge, the battery only deteriorates over time. So there's no way that heavy use is going to consistantly hold a days charge. And this is not an ipod, this is a phone. For some people, its their only way to communicate. So again, can't understand how this move was made and how its still holding strong year after year.

I was curious when I started this trend, but at the end of the day, without even testing it, I'd take a storm 2 over an iphone any day of the week
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-22-09 at 01:54 PM.
    08-22-09 01:48 PM
    Hey AM this is funny. I hope the IPhone does not need a battery pull as it has to be done by apple. They do not battery door like most other phones. Which also means if you need a battery, its off to an apple store
    That is very truthful. I guess it is a good thing that Apple is a stable device then.

To another comment Rican Medic put out. The day other phones can be had with 32GB of usable memory built in is the day they will probably also leave out a media card slot. Can you even get 32GB cards for your phone?

We must always remember to make comparable assessments in our reviews.

08-22-09 01:48 PM
    the time it took for apple to impliment copy/paste was enough for me to lose my interest in iphone all together. Then the new video feature...ughhhhh! it took em 2 years to add this? Lets remind apple that even the basic freebees have video, and for that matter, flash, removable memory, and even a removable battery!
    now dont be jealous that apple has come up with something brilliant...

think about this...

they have the hardware capable to do all of these things...then slowly release new software updates that enable these features...it keeps people buying their product...

yes when i think about it from a consumer perspective i think its kinda BS. it would be like a honda accord taken in for service that enables heated seats...

all in all it doesnt make sense to me...but it sure does to the company making a profit...
    08-22-09 02:21 PM
    phase 1) iphone
    phase 2) ??????
    phase 3) PROFIT
    08-22-09 02:45 PM
    now dont be jealous that apple has come up with something brilliant...

think about this...

they have the hardware capable to do all of these things...then slowly release new software updates that enable these features...it keeps people buying their product...

yes when i think about it from a consumer perspective i think its kinda BS. it would be like a honda accord taken in for service that enables heated seats...

all in all it doesnt make sense to me...but it sure does to the company making a profit...
    more like a honda going in for a firmware update allowing it to go in reverse!
    08-22-09 02:46 PM
    reverse is a must when driving a car...copy and paste and voice commands are not...
    08-22-09 02:52 PM
    but ever car can do it

ok ok, should we use radios better?
    08-22-09 04:31 PM
    Its not just about the ability for more memory, its also about being able to remove cards and swap them out.
    Yes, but in reality, how many do that? I would wager that most plug a card into their phone & leave it there. Besides, how many cards would you manage & want to keep track of to equal that 32GB?
    08-23-09 10:02 AM
    who the heck constantly removed memory cards out of their phone and puts new ones in, ur almost sounding like someone may actually use their cell phone like a digital camera...who does that with a crappy 3 megapixel camera with no flash????
    08-23-09 10:46 AM
    Being a ways up the corp ladder than the call center group, I guess I don't know what I am talking about. But with benefits and all, the average call center rep's compensation works out to around $60k. At 2080 hours in a pay year, you do the math.

WOW... where's my extra $35k a year????

please disregard; I didnt see we were back on topic! LOL
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-23-09 at 01:24 PM.
    08-23-09 01:18 PM
    WOW... where's my extra $35k a year????

please disregard; I didnt see we were back on topic! LOL
    lmao! I guess hes including, misc, medical, dental, pention, retirement, allowances, added the potential sick, vacation, personal time, disability, life insurance, etc etc lol
    08-23-09 01:35 PM
    lmao! I guess hes including, misc, medical, dental, pention, retirement, allowances, added the potential sick, vacation, personal time, disability, life insurance, etc etc lol
    I'm sure; but when it comes down to it... hourly and take home is the bottom line.
    What we take home to pay our bills is the bottom line.
    I certainly dont take home the numbers that AM is stating. tsguy is right on his numbers that is what we make... of course we feel that we're worth more individually... but thats not the way the world works... AM needs to realize that.
    IMHO
    08-23-09 02:10 PM
    I hear u! I remember in Florida, I was working at a local hospital and at the end of the year, you get your thank you for your commitment letter. I remember it had a statement reminding you of your "FULL" compensation for your positin. I saw a near 100k for my job title!

Needless to say, I thought it was the biggest joke I had ever seen! I didn't even make half what they were talking about!
    08-23-09 07:42 PM
    I was at the verizon store 5 days ago and my technology illiterate mom asked the clerk if th iPod will be at Verizon. haha he told her the iPhone will be on verizon by next spring, but they always put it back like usual.

08-24-09 01:54 AM
    I always answer these rumors with "We don't need no stinkin' iPhone!"

Okay, so not really. But that's certainly been the mentality around this particular call center in recent years. The rumors may be true, they may not. But anybody who thinks we're going to be out of business tomorrow because we don't carry one lousy model of PDA isn't being realistic.

*sits and waits for Omnia 2, which I know we're getting*
    08-24-09 02:58 AM
    No, no, no. I got the definite date for the iphone release on Verizon: 02/30/10

Remember that you heard it here first!

HOLY SHI...Hey wait a minute there aren't 30 days in Feb!! lol

08-24-09 05:41 AM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD