There are only 28 days in February, unless its leap year, but then its still only 29 days in the month!
    08-19-09 12:35 PM
    It would be nice if VZW would do a deal with Apple!! I want an iphone, but not with ATT!
    08-19-09 12:48 PM
    Amber, you traitor!!! :::turns back and leaves:::
    08-19-09 12:52 PM
    There are only 28 days in February, unless its leap year, but then its still only 29 days in the month!
    You see, every leap year they add that date to the rest of the calendar.

So, last leap year here was leap date 28. This next one will be 29. Then the next one 30. See the pattern?

Awesome!
    08-19-09 12:55 PM
    Just so long as it's not 12/21/2012, then it would have to be an end of the world sale...
    SUNWORSHIPPERS EVERYWHERE!!!

ACK!!!

08-19-09 04:42 PM
    What does 2/30/10 and iphone on verizon have in common? At this rate they both aren't going to happen!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 05:17 PM
    What does 2/30/10 and iphone on verizon have in common? At this rate they both aren't going to happen!!

ROFL! whodathunk a n00b could have jokes?
    08-19-09 05:28 PM
    In my opinion, academically speaking VZW could care less about the iPhone. Unlike AT&T which is desperate to keep Apple happy, VZW is just as stubborn as Apple, and I doubt the two companies would ever find common ground on anything, because neither company needs the other.

When the exclusivity agreement expires, the AT&T death knells will start, and the company will most likely seek a buyer inside of two years. They have mediocre coverage, are the king of dropped calls, and serve as an inky black spot on an otherwise happy iPhone experience.

All this being said, VZW is more concerned with the exclusivity agreement expiring than they are with actually obtaining the phone itself. Heck, if the iPhone goes over to Sprint and/or to T-Mobile, it will be a win for Verizon, since they get the upside of AT&T's death rattles without the downside of having to deal with Apple.
    08-19-09 05:32 PM

haha

ROFL! whodathunk a n00b could have jokes?
    LOL
    08-19-09 06:25 PM
    even if it does happen i wont happen for a few years. even if it does why would you want a iphone ? apps? touch screen? , dont get me wrong i am a mac addict but i love my blackberry and will never go to the iphone unless i am forced to. but i am going to buy the apple tablet. ohh yeah i will buy it.
    08-19-09 06:45 PM
    In my opinion, academically speaking VZW could care less about the iPhone. Unlike AT&T which is desperate to keep Apple happy, VZW is just as stubborn as Apple, and I doubt the two companies would ever find common ground on anything, because neither company needs the other.

When the exclusivity agreement expires, the AT&T death knells will start, and the company will most likely seek a buyer inside of two years. They have mediocre coverage, are the king of dropped calls, and serve as an inky black spot on an otherwise happy iPhone experience.

All this being said, VZW is more concerned with the exclusivity agreement expiring than they are with actually obtaining the phone itself. Heck, if the iPhone goes over to Sprint and/or to T-Mobile, it will be a win for Verizon, since they get the upside of AT&T's death rattles without the downside of having to deal with Apple.
    +1
    10 char
    08-19-09 08:13 PM
    Don't believe anything until its on the inventory list and/or website for sale... Although you'll prolly hear it here before you'd hear from a CSR.

Ahem... Speculation at this point..

08-19-09 10:32 PM
    Oh come on Heather. I saw it on a CrackBGRCoolBerryArena video so it must be true!

08-20-09 12:47 AM
    I have my doubts the iPhone will be stocked on the selves of BigRed anytime soon, if ever. I don't think there is anything Verizon can offer Apple, that they can't get from AT&T over the long haul.

AT&T (well, originally Cingular when this started) bent over backwards for Apple, to get the iPhone into their product line up. One of the primary inclusions of the deal, was that AT&T would't try to dictate features or force control over the way the iPhone or its multimedia services were sold. In fact, AT&T really took it on the chin in terms of the profit-margin per phone sold just to get this deal.

But the partnership has been lucrative for both companys -
    Would Verizon allow Apple to run as freely with the iPhone on it's network?

Sorry, but something tells me "I don't think so".
    They would probably insist on some scheme to grab a few extra duckets for every song or ringtone you bought through iTunes, or severly limit the number of Apps you could purchase.

Another thing is that AT&T is running HSDPA - which can support both voice and data.
    Verizon's CDMA, which is a dying standard, cannot.
    I don't think Apple would strive to build a phone expressly for Verizon's aging CDMA network when it can continue to look forward to expanding it's marketplace shares within the global arena by sticking with proven technology already used by most countrys.

Not when Apple already enjoys a well established userbase here in the states with AT&T and certainly many other parts of the world.
    Why build an iPhone that's a step backwards, and for the POTENTIAL of some of Verizons userbase?

Verizon is already announcing their stepping up to LTE 4G trials - which they have to do, really no option. But that network is going to take years to put in place.
    AT&T on the other hand is saying they can offer even faster HSPA+ speeds from their existing network and expanding their footprint with additional towers - allowing them to still work with a proven technology (HSPA+ is mostly a software upgrade to existing HSDPA hardware), and giving them time to impliment LTE when the technology matures. Of course one of the major reasons AT&T HAS to upgrade it's network speeds and coverage is because iPhone users suck up a HUGE amount of mobile bandwidth with their phones, as compared to other carriers.

I think Apple is likely going to take the safe-bet on this one, and stick it out with AT&T and their long-term plans, at least for a while.
    Verizon's current network wouldn't be supportive to the iPhone even now - and VZ's plans for future upgrades to LTE are still a ways away.

My humble 2 cents, anyway.
    08-20-09 02:02 AM
    [QUOTE=DesertDogs;3367092]No, no, no. I got the definite date for the iphone release on Verizon: 02/30/10

I guess we'll see it when **** freezes over then!
    08-20-09 06:21 AM
    Oh come on Heather. I saw it on a CrackBGRCoolBerryArena video so it must be true!

Yeah yeah! LMAO!

Jeez Like was said above a couple posts ago.. VZW is too stubbern to have the iPhone... Apple wants to have their grimey fingers in EVERY aspect of that phone. They handle EVERYTHING but the voice aspect. Might as well get an iTouch.. JEEZ... Verizon wont want to hand all their customers over to Apple reps... NO WAY!
    08-20-09 08:58 AM
    I have my doubts the iPhone will be stocked on the selves of BigRed anytime soon, if ever. I don't think there is anything Verizon can offer Apple, that they can't get from AT&T over the long haul.

AT&T (well, originally Cingular when this started) bent over backwards for Apple, to get the iPhone into their product line up. One of the primary inclusions of the deal, was that AT&T would't try to dictate features or force control over the way the iPhone or its multimedia services were sold. In fact, AT&T really took it on the chin in terms of the profit-margin per phone sold just to get this deal.

But the partnership has been lucrative for both companys -
    Would Verizon allow Apple to run as freely with the iPhone on it's network?

Sorry, but something tells me "I don't think so".
    They would probably insist on some scheme to grab a few extra duckets for every song or ringtone you bought through iTunes, or severly limit the number of Apps you could purchase.

Another thing is that AT&T is running HSDPA - which can support both voice and data.
    Verizon's CDMA, which is a dying standard, cannot.
    I don't think Apple would strive to build a phone expressly for Verizon's aging CDMA network when it can continue to look forward to expanding it's marketplace shares within the global arena by sticking with proven technology already used by most countrys.

Not when Apple already enjoys a well established userbase here in the states with AT&T and certainly many other parts of the world.
    Why build an iPhone that's a step backwards, and for the POTENTIAL of some of Verizons userbase?

Verizon is already announcing their stepping up to LTE 4G trials - which they have to do, really no option. But that network is going to take years to put in place.
    AT&T on the other hand is saying they can offer even faster HSPA+ speeds from their existing network and expanding their footprint with additional towers - allowing them to still work with a proven technology (HSPA+ is mostly a software upgrade to existing HSDPA hardware), and giving them time to impliment LTE when the technology matures. Of course one of the major reasons AT&T HAS to upgrade it's network speeds and coverage is because iPhone users suck up a HUGE amount of mobile bandwidth with their phones, as compared to other carriers.

I think Apple is likely going to take the safe-bet on this one, and stick it out with AT&T and their long-term plans, at least for a while.
    Verizon's current network wouldn't be supportive to the iPhone even now - and VZ's plans for future upgrades to LTE are still a ways away.

My humble 2 cents, anyway.

i have 7 words for you...

LTE
    08-20-09 12:09 PM

whaaa
    thats not 7 words... is that a joke?

*sorry I'm a space cadet today.. wooooo pain meds!*
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-20-09 at 02:18 PM.
    08-20-09 02:13 PM
    they pull this stuff out of their ***
    LOL +1 recently I was talking to a att rep and asked about the onyx he replied that he didn't think it was coming out till next cuz he didn't receive an email about it yet, the following week att started field testing the onyx! Now I'm not saying csr's are a stupid hopeless bunch but they sure sound that way sometimes!

08-20-09 02:31 PM
    also, CSR are the LAST possible people to know. i bet there are non-employees that know more about the goings on at carriers/manufacturers than most, if not all, front line employees...

and whenever you ask a care rep about anything that involves a time frame, the default answer is "two weeks" so just start telling yourself that and stop asking these poor, poor, sorely underpaid and abused people. get a life. only a dollar a day will keep CSRs from offing themselves from repetitive questions from the likes of n00bs that flood this site, and the stress of not going off on ******** customers who dispute every damn thing.

/rage rant
    08-20-09 02:48 PM
    also, CSR are the LAST possible people to know. i bet there are non-employees that know more about the goings on at carriers/manufacturers than most, if not all, front line employees...

and whenever you ask a care rep about anything that involves a time frame, the default answer is "two weeks" so just start telling yourself that and stop asking these poor, poor, sorely underpaid and abused people. get a life. only a dollar a day will keep CSRs from offing themselves from repetitive questions from the likes of n00bs that flood this site, and the stress of not going off on ******** customers who dispute every damn thing.

/rage rant
    They are not underpaid. I will vouch for that. But the incessant, imbecilic and redundant questions are maddening.

08-21-09 12:44 AM
    A good CSR who's knowledgeable and capable is worth $20/hour or more. Otherwise you're underpaid for what you have to deal with. Just my humble, and expert opinion.

08-21-09 12:46 AM
    A good CSR who's knowledgeable and capable is worth $20/hour or more. Otherwise you're underpaid for what you have to deal with. Just my humble, and expert opinion.

They get paid that. Even starting, their comp package is close to that. The stores don't, but that's why you get the kind of service you get in the store.

08-21-09 12:48 AM
    Not at VZW. Maybe if you include stip and all that...but they don't make $20/hour

08-21-09 12:53 AM
    Not at VZW. Maybe if you include stip and all that...but they don't make $20/hour

Being a ways up the corp ladder than the call center group, I guess I don't know what I am talking about. But with benefits and all, the average call center rep's compensation works out to around $60k. At 2080 hours in a pay year, you do the math.

08-21-09 12:59 AM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD