Since my blackberry curve has broken, i've bid on an identical one on ebay, however will the news of the Iphone 3GS coming in two weeks, i will probably be getting an iPhone as well. Don't hate me crackberry addicts!!
    06-08-09 02:51 PM
    Since my blackberry curve has broken, i've bid on an identical one on ebay, however will the news of the Iphone 3GS coming in two weeks, i will probably be getting an iPhone as well. Don't hate me crackberry addicts!!
    Just did the same (with a reg 3G though)... I'm going to try to flip flop the two when I please until AT&T tells me otherwise.
    06-08-09 02:59 PM
    We would never hate you, as long as you keep a BB... However, I'm not really one to talk.
    06-08-09 03:01 PM
    hahahaha thats a lot of blackberrys!!! \
    Has anyone got an iPhone 3g today for 99? It's still 199 on the att website..
    06-08-09 03:03 PM
    Its not two weeks, the new iPhone is coming next Friday.
    06-08-09 03:25 PM
    oh true. are you upgrading?
    06-08-09 03:27 PM
    I think i'm going to get the 3GS 32 GB. I'll keep my Curve for work, but i'm pretty sure the new iPhone will be my new toy.
    Well that and a new MacBook Pro

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 03:29 PM
    oh true. are you upgrading?
    I'm not eligible for an upgrade until September 30, 2009. I'll be getting it then. No way, I'm spending $499, 599 for it. That's for the people who aren't eligible for an upgrade right now.
    06-08-09 03:30 PM
    Dangg. lol i am definitly getting my iPhone 3gs -- just pre ordered it!! But i'm confused on how i'll be able to swtich between the two [my curve and iPhone 3gs]
    06-08-09 03:32 PM
    Dangg. lol i am definitly getting my iPhone 3gs -- just pre ordered it!! But i'm confused on how i'll be able to swtich between the two [my curve and iPhone 3gs]
    06-08-09 03:32 PM
    Just switch the SIM card between the two.
    06-08-09 03:35 PM
    i noticed it comes with a sim eject tool? thats awesome.
    06-08-09 04:59 PM
    i noticed it comes with a sim eject tool? thats awesome.
    Yup, it's really only necessary for the iPhone though. You won't need it for your Curve or any other BB for that matter. It's just the design Apple chose.
    06-08-09 05:03 PM
    If you pre-ordered the iPhone 3GS, that means you had to pick up an iPhone data plan... Which will remove your BlackBerry BIS when activated. You'll need to use the iPhone for 31 days on the iPhone data plan (yes, put the Curve in a drawer for a little while). Then on day 31 call AT&T and tell them you're going to be doing something for the next few weeks that requires you to use your Curve... They'll activate BIS again for you and THEN you can begin your SIM card flip flop... Of course in doing that, you will lose VVM on the iPhone until perhaps it's released by AT&T for BB... On the other hand you could skip all of this from day one if you don't mind losing Email push via BIS on your Curve (which I'm certain will not be agreeable to most).
    06-08-09 05:06 PM
    im contemplating on switching over to att from verizon for the iphone 3g w/3.0 software update. i was wondering if i dont like it can i switch over to verizon without any penalty charge? and still use my same number?
    06-08-09 05:45 PM
    im contemplating on switching over to att from verizon for the iphone 3g w/3.0 software update. i was wondering if i dont like it can i switch over to verizon without any penalty charge? and still use my same number?
    It's easier to start a new line of service with AT&T for the 30 day trial If you like the phone, then port your number from VZW to the iPhone.
    06-08-09 05:51 PM
    It's easier to start a new line of service with AT&T for the 30 day trial If you like the phone, then port your number from VZW to the iPhone.
    awesome, yea so im thinking doing the 30day trial w/ the new 3gs, but i think ill wait till they fix the mms bs, and try out the phone in my area and see if it is good as verizon. thanks
    06-08-09 06:05 PM
    ok, so this 30day trial period, comes near to its end let say and if the att coverage is not for me where i live, how do i go back to verizon? and what do i do with the iphone? do they take it back, becuz its a trial period? i need full disclosure so i can finally make my decision
    06-08-09 10:20 PM
    ok, so this 30day trial period, comes near to its end let say and if the att coverage is not for me where i live, how do i go back to verizon? and what do i do with the iphone? do they take it back, becuz its a trial period? i need full disclosure so i can finally make my decision
    Yes. They take it back and I believe there is a restocking fee that's a percentage and not just the flat $20 that other phones have. Still better than being stuck with a phone you hate.

06-09-09 12:29 AM
    Yes. They take it back and I believe there is a restocking fee that's a percentage and not just the flat $20 that other phones have. Still better than being stuck with a phone you hate.

Restocking fee applies if you swap the phone, not if you return it.
    06-09-09 06:45 AM
    If you brought your phone number from VZW to ATT then you need to have the number ported back to VZW by going to VZW and having them bring the number to VZW BEFORE you return the phone to ATT. If you return the phone to ATT before you take your number to VZW, you will loose the number.
    06-09-09 06:48 AM
    I didn't know they had a 30 day trial period!!
    So on this $99 iPhone 3g, is it just til they are sold out of iPhone 3g or are they keeping iPhone 3g AND iPhone 3gs?
    06-09-09 08:19 AM
    I'm not eligible for an upgrade until September 30, 2009. I'll be getting it then. No way, I'm spending $499, 599 for it. That's for the people who aren't eligible for an upgrade right now.
    Keep going with those prices...

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). "
    06-09-09 08:49 AM
    I didn't know they had a 30 day trial period!!
    So on this $99 iPhone 3g, is it just til they are sold out of iPhone 3g or are they keeping iPhone 3g AND iPhone 3gs?
    I'm suspecting (and it is pure speculation) that the 8GB iPhone 3G is here for a while as sort of a "light" version of the bigger and faster 3GS. The 16GB 3G looks like it will be sold until it's gone.

06-09-09 09:37 AM
    i don't know why anyone would buy an iPhone 3g if they could spend a benjamin more and get a 3gs...
    06-10-09 07:42 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD