Well since my contract runs up with Verizon soon, i'm interested in going to AT&T simply for the iPhone. Now i was wondering if I buy the iPhone off a friend could i use an AT&T pre paid sim card in it? just to sorta give it a "test drive"?
    07-18-10 02:20 PM
    Yes I think you can but you'd have to sign up to an Internet plan, it's a requirement for the iPhone. Though if it's the iPhone 4 no I don't think so. It doesn't even come with the tool to pull your sim out. For me they gave me a whole new sim card for my I 4. I assume you are talking about the 3G / 3GS ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 05:22 PM
    There could be workarounds, but to me,
    I would consider that a no.

Why not just get a plan w/ AT&T, post-
    paid and then see if it works out. If it
    doesn't, you can return the device as
    long as you're within the 30 days.
    07-18-10 05:31 PM
    I would not recommend doing this.
    07-23-10 02:03 PM
    Yes I think you can but you'd have to sign up to an Internet plan, it's a requirement for the iPhone. Though if it's the iPhone 4 no I don't think so. It doesn't even come with the tool to pull your sim out. For me they gave me a whole new sim card for my I 4. I assume you are talking about the 3G / 3GS ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can pop the micro sim card the same way you did with the 3GS. It's located on the center right-hand edge of the device. I just use a small paper clip and it comes right out. I ordered a micro sim adapter from here:

MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop

Works like a charm.
    07-23-10 04:13 PM
    Since you have your own phone just take the phone to an AT&T store and start an account with no commitment. You can cancel anytime without ETF and only get charged for what you use. Much like prepaid.
    07-23-10 05:17 PM
    Well since my contract runs up with Verizon soon, i'm interested in going to AT&T simply for the iPhone. Now i was wondering if I buy the iPhone off a friend could i use an AT&T pre paid sim card in it? just to sorta give it a "test drive"?
    Just buy the phone, use it for less than 30 days and return it if it isn't for you.
    07-23-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD