I've had a white iPhone 3G from Rogers and there was a hairline crack next to the switch for the ringer mode. I got it exchanged from the apple store and sold the 3G. Now I have a 3G S and same thing!!! Crack next to switch for the ringer mode. I'm just curious to see if anyone else had gone through this with the 3G S.
    08-22-09 12:58 AM
    nope kept my phone pretty clean for the month ive had it........i would invest in a case or leather pouch if your able to snag another 3gs
    08-22-09 01:00 AM
    Already got a case on it. Got a nextwave clear hard slider case. Had it on my 3G S since day one
    08-22-09 01:03 AM
    and it still cracked wow....id say bad luck then i dunno never heard of that before the backs are usually very sturdy
    08-22-09 01:06 AM
    I've had a white iPhone 3G from Rogers and there was a hairline crack next to the switch for the ringer mode. I got it exchanged from the apple store and sold the 3G. Now I have a 3G S and same thing!!! Crack next to switch for the ringer mode. I'm just curious to see if anyone else had gone through this with the 3G S.
    You are not alone. The white one in particular is susceptible to this. Google it. You will find comradery on this subject. A good soft case is recommended though.
    08-22-09 01:06 AM
    Already googled it and all the results are for the 3G and not the 3G S. Do you think I'd be able to get it exchanged at the apple store?
    08-22-09 01:09 AM
    Already googled it and all the results are for the 3G and not the 3G S. Do you think I'd be able to get it exchanged at the apple store?
    Yes!............
    08-22-09 01:12 AM
    you might.....id play dumb if you really dropped the phone and then cracked.... just say you dont know how it broke......my roommate was an apple tech and said as long as your friendly they usually will give you the benefit of the doubt
    08-22-09 01:13 AM
    Engaget is popular, and they are aware (3g)
    Are iPhone 3Gs developing cracks?
    Last edited by johnly; 08-22-09 at 01:18 AM.
    08-22-09 01:14 AM
    I didn't drop the phone. So if I do bring it it....it's gonna be legit. It's people like you that ruin good things for others
    08-22-09 01:16 AM
    you might.....id play dumb if you really dropped the phone and then cracked.... just say you dont know how it broke......my roommate was an apple tech and said as long as your friendly they usually will give you the benefit of the doubt
    He can and doesn't have to play dumb. It compromises the integrity of the phone. It happens and is a defect with the polymer.
    08-22-09 01:16 AM
    woah woah dont bash me i dunno how you did that im just saying if you did.... hey im giving you advice dont throw it back in my face you asked a question i answered it....most people are not careful with their phones how am i suppose to no you are...oh and i wouldnt do that id be up front with them its my fault i broke the phone not theirs so why would i lie but thats if it happened to me
    08-22-09 01:19 AM
    This lady has the same problem (3GS)
    Iphone 3GS has hairline cracks? - Yahoo! Answers
    08-22-09 01:19 AM
    Ahh, heck - that's nothing... You should have seen some of the "imperfections" in the case of the Apple G4 CUBE.

It's plastic. Slap a band-aid on and give it a week. She'll be fine.
    08-22-09 01:22 AM
    johnly man i didnt realize so many people were having problems...i guess good thing i got black i didnt like the white that much
    08-22-09 01:23 AM
    Bring it to the Apple store, they will replace it. I had hairline cracks on my 3GS by the speakers. They replaced it without question.

It was said before, but it has been a known problem with the White iPhone. Just take care of it and hopefully it wont happen, but sometimes even with care it does.
    08-22-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD