I purchased a iphone for business/pleasurable usage.

#1) I was wondering what the lowest plan is i can get in order for it to become a working phone? I purchased it thru ebay so therefore it is inactive. I want to activate it but just for the smallest plan due to the simple fact that i already have another line thru verizon.

#2) I was researching online to find out if i can tie my verizon plan into my newly purchased iphone but someone was saying one is on a CDMA tower and iphones only work on GSM towers. So therefore i will not be able to use my iphone on a verizon network. Is this true or is there a way around this?

#3) My other question. This is a pretty expensive and hefty phone. Therefore if i was to lose it or miss place it, does it have lowjack on it where i can locate it and retrieve it back?

Any advice is helpful. Thanks!
    02-14-09 09:49 PM
    1. The cheapest plan you can get is the 450 minutes for $40 a month. Plus you have to have the $30 data plan. So your looking at $70-80 with tax.

2. GSM only. Won't work on any CDMA network and there is no way around.

3. Not sure. I know Apple sells low-jack for computers but not sure about the iphone. Maybe there are some apps in the app store.

Welcome to CB
    02-14-09 10:20 PM
    1. The cheapest plan you can get is the 450 minutes for $40 a month. Plus you have to have the $30 data plan. So your looking at $70-80 with tax.

2. GSM only. Won't work on any CDMA network and there is no way around.

3. Not sure. I know Apple sells low-jack for computers but not sure about the iphone. Maybe there are some apps in the app store.

Welcome to CB
    Thanks for the information.
    If anyone knows anything different or knows more please feel free to chime in. If not thanks for the input.
    02-15-09 02:26 PM
    Does the 40 dollar plan include unlimited text

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 02:51 PM
    Does the 40 dollar plan include unlimited text

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, unlimited text messaging will cost you another $20 a month.
    02-15-09 03:35 PM
    I bought a used 3g from an ad (so it wasn't activated when I got it) and I activated it on pay as you go. I have the data disabled unless I'm at home, where I have wi-fi so its free. Works awesome for me, might be an option for you.
    02-16-09 11:04 AM
    I purchased a iphone for business/pleasurable usage.

#1) I was wondering what the lowest plan is i can get in order for it to become a working phone? I purchased it thru ebay so therefore it is inactive. I want to activate it but just for the smallest plan due to the simple fact that i already have another line thru verizon.

#2) I was researching online to find out if i can tie my verizon plan into my newly purchased iphone but someone was saying one is on a CDMA tower and iphones only work on GSM towers. So therefore i will not be able to use my iphone on a verizon network. Is this true or is there a way around this?

#3) My other question. This is a pretty expensive and hefty phone. Therefore if i was to lose it or miss place it, does it have lowjack on it where i can locate it and retrieve it back?

Any advice is helpful. Thanks!

1. if it's a 1st gen iPhone then you can use it on either T-Mobile or AT&T. You might want to check out T-mobile plans. if it's a 3g, then you're best off with a plan from at&t. cheapest plan would be the pay as you go plan. i think it starts at $30. you can active your iphone using the pwnage tool from the dev team, so you don't necessarily need an iPhone plan. if you don't want to shell out the $30 (or $20 if it's a fist gen.) for the office iphone data plan you can add the media net unlimited plan for $15 or the messaging and data unlimited for $30. you should note, without the offical iPhone data plan, the visual voicemail with not work.

2. iPhone only works on GSM, so T-Mobile or at&t ONLY.

3. if you jailbreak your phone, i believe there are a few apps that can help you locate your phone.
    02-16-09 11:31 AM
    1. if it's a 1st gen iPhone then you can use it on either T-Mobile or AT&T. You might want to check out T-mobile plans. if it's a 3g, then you're best off with a plan from at&t. cheapest plan would be the pay as you go plan. i think it starts at $30. you can active your iphone using the pwnage tool from the dev team, so you don't necessarily need an iPhone plan. if you don't want to shell out the $30 (or $20 if it's a fist gen.) for the office iphone data plan you can add the media net unlimited plan for $15 or the messaging and data unlimited for $30. you should note, without the offical iPhone data plan, the visual voicemail with not work.

2. iPhone only works on GSM, so T-Mobile or at&t ONLY.

3. if you jailbreak your phone, i believe there are a few apps that can help you locate your phone.

How would i activate my phone thru a pwnage tool? Im new at the iphone, im sorry. Its like chinese to me! lol. I have the storm but i just want to use the iphone as a spare phone incase something happens to mine so the pay as i go would be perfect. With the pay as u go tho. how many minutes does it include and would i have to pick up the data plan for 20$ extra a month? Do you have a link to the pwange tool? Thank you so much people for any input and help!
    02-16-09 06:30 PM
    I tried downloading the tool from a site but it says the link is basically dead. anyone know of any other links? Im lookin for the windows link. I heard you can also do it thru itunes. How is that possiable?
    02-16-09 06:45 PM
    Do not do pwnage... Download QuickPwn... very easy user interface.
    02-16-09 07:52 PM
    The 3g can be used for t-mobile as well. You will not get 3g services though, but you do gain GPS.
    02-16-09 07:54 PM
    I tried downloading the tool from a site but it says the link is basically dead. anyone know of any other links? Im lookin for the windows link. I heard you can also do it thru itunes. How is that possiable?
    Use the following guide:

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/09...ndows-edition/
    02-16-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD