I do give Jobs points for using something different than the infamous "new phones have bugs" reason.
    06-25-10 11:45 AM
    Lmao could have at least said sorry. I really hope this does get fixed for all those users out there though on a serious note.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 11:48 AM
    Moved. This is not BlackBerry News an Rumors
    06-25-10 11:53 AM
    And this has been posted throughout this site already... a little on the late side.
    06-25-10 11:59 AM
    Just the way I would have responded.
    06-25-10 03:26 PM
    Like that is something to brag about?
    06-25-10 03:34 PM
    I do give Jobs points for using something different than the infamous "new phones have bugs" reason.
    Which means Apple was well aware of this problem but released the phone anyway and at&t is part to blame also. Did their field tests not indicate an issue?
    06-25-10 03:43 PM
    By the way, I can already forsee the "they should give the bumper for free and/or
    refund the money of the people that bought one" complaint arise. If I was a
    stockholder of Apple and they actually did do that I'd be pretty pissed. Consumers
    carry a responsibility too. You have 30 days to take the thing back. Consumers
    should do their own due dilligence on things like this. Apple doesn't have to give
    any of use a single thing for free if they don't want to.
    06-25-10 03:47 PM
    I think this is really the only way he could respond to this problem...he can't say that he is sorry and admit that his "baby" is flawed...and until he has more information on weather its hardware/software related or a combo of both and exactly how to handle it he just has to do his best to publicly minimize it...sounds like a lousy thing to do but with what's at stake its the only thing to do

06-25-10 04:21 PM
    Didn't RIM's CEO say something stupid like "people don't want touch screens" just a couple of months ago. Lets face people say stupid **** all the time. Also of not it looks like the issue will be fixed next week when IOS 4.1 rolls out so in the end it really is not that big of a deal.
    06-25-10 11:16 PM
    By the way, I can already forsee the "they should give the bumper for free and/or
    refund the money of the people that bought one" complaint arise. If I was a
    stockholder of Apple and they actually did do that I'd be pretty pissed. Consumers
    carry a responsibility too. You have 30 days to take the thing back.
    Consumers
    should do their own due dilligence on things like this. Apple doesn't have to give
    any of use a single thing for free if they don't want to.
    So as a stockholder, you would prefer they avoid giving away a $20 item and that customers instead return their $500 dollar device?
    06-25-10 11:54 PM
    Didn't RIM's CEO say something stupid like "people don't want touch screens" just a couple of months ago. Lets face people say stupid **** all the time. Also of not it looks like the issue will be fixed next week when IOS 4.1 rolls out so in the end it really is not that big of a deal.
    How so you fix a physical defect with a firmware upgrade? I am good, very good. But not even I can do that with firmware.
    06-26-10 01:15 AM
    How so you fix a physical defect with a firmware upgrade? I am good, very good. But not even I can do that with firmware.
    Easy! as they "fixed" the 3G issues on the iPhone 3G... A firmware that hides the fluctuation of the signal and maybe tweak the settings to make it "less worse" lol
    06-26-10 01:31 AM
    We shall see when the update rolls out. It may not be a hardware issue, I know that you have been saying that it is and have been saying this for some time and I know that you are some kinda of expert on the iPhone but in the end you know about as much about the iPhone as anyone else. Like I said we will all know for sure when the update rolls out.
    06-26-10 01:32 AM
    Exactly Lazardis has made PLENTY of dumb comments, like people dont want touchscreens. Also when his company can build a flawless build quality, then talk. BBs are no diamonds for build quality by any means.

And assuming its all hardware related issues is nothing more than an assumption at this point.
    06-26-10 11:24 AM
    Well if you're holding the HARDWARE in a certain way isn't it obvious that it's a hardware defect? Or have Apple put some clever sensor in the metal banding and accidentally programmed it to cut your reception out when you touch it?

Now THAT'S innovation!
    06-26-10 12:47 PM
    So as a stockholder, you would prefer they avoid giving away a $20 item and that customers instead return their $500 dollar device?
    Yes. They're going to sell plenty of units in the long run. And the item is $30
    actually. So yes, I prefer that.
    06-26-10 12:57 PM
    5 Bars on my Bold no matter how I hold it...
    06-26-10 01:23 PM
    Well if you're holding the HARDWARE in a certain way isn't it obvious that it's a hardware defect? Or have Apple put some clever sensor in the metal banding and accidentally programmed it to cut your reception out when you touch it?

Now THAT'S innovation!
    Again, it could be a software tweak to parse the signals or just the signal meter needs tweaking in the baseband. The baseband (software) controls how the phone reads the signal and transfers it into bars you see or tells the phone the call dropped. There's no magical hardware piece that does this, its software.

It doesnt mean 100% its all hardware issues
    06-26-10 01:34 PM
    5 Bars on my Bold no matter how I hold it...
    Congratulations.
    06-26-10 01:46 PM
    And another thread bites the dust thanks the iPhone haters. Once again if you hate the iPhone then why are posting in the iPhone section. Like any of us want to hear the opinion of people that don't use and hate the device. Oh and this works both ways if you hate Blackberry then stay of the Blackberry section.
    06-26-10 02:05 PM
    Yes. They're going to sell plenty of units in the long run. And the item is $30
    actually. So yes, I prefer that.
    LOL and how much does it ACTUALLY cost, cmon now, common sense here. If theyre giving away $1 of plastic cost to them, who cares?!?!

Stockholders wont care one bit if $1 per phone brings is $300 or whatever Apple makes per device. You dont factor it in at their many times markup retail price; you factor it by their cost which cant be more than a buck or 2.
    06-26-10 03:35 PM
    Seriously this was by far one of the dumbs things a CEO could say.... Telling people how to hold a cell phone to TALK is not a solution... I don't care how much some of you love apple and god knows some on this forum will defend apple at any cause this was very VERY dumb to say... Considering the fact the Iphone already had a bad rep for dropping calls. I personally hope that they fix this ASAP... No way that I'm putting ANY cover of any type on a great looking phone like this ... And I'm for sure not going to keep it if I can't make a call with my cell phone.
    This is very bad publicity for apple.... With all the Android devices coming out it's a bad time for Jobs to tell people that you need to learn how to hold an Iphone for it to work.
    And the person that mentioned giving those bumpers for free... That could be a good idea... I'm sure the investors would rather lose 1 or 2 dollars then have units returned. But the bottom line is Apple should fix this ASAP.

06-26-10 04:14 PM
    LOL and how much does it ACTUALLY cost, cmon now, common sense here. If theyre giving away $1 of plastic cost to them, who cares?!?!

Stockholders wont care one bit if $1 per phone brings is $300 or whatever Apple makes per device. You dont factor it in at their many times markup retail price; you factor it by their cost which cant be more than a buck or 2.
    I'm not looking at how much it costs them to make so they can give it away
    for free. I'm looking at how little it costs them to make and sell for THIRTY
    DOLLARS instead of giving them away for free. They don't have to give a
    single thing away. (I'm referring here to the bumper.)

Bottom line is this: If you're not happy with the device and it isn't up to your
    standards, quit b*tching, STFU and take it back to the store and get a full
    refund. It's as simple as that. Everyone else is willing to buy it. Period.
    06-26-10 04:14 PM
    I do agree with your point of view... Don't like it?? Get something else. Very simple... But has a business that 1 or 2 dollar item would show a lot for the company.

I'm not looking at how much it costs them to make so they can give it away
    for free. I'm looking at how little it costs them to make and sell for THIRTY
    DOLLARS instead of giving them away for free. They don't have to give a
    single thing away. (I'm referring here to the bumper.)

Bottom line is this: If you're not happy with the device and it isn't up to your
    standards, quit b*tching, STFU and take it back to the store and get a full
    refund. It's as simple as that. Everyone else is willing to buy it. Period.
    06-26-10 04:28 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD