no, the one I replied talking about the missing email client in PBOS 1

And also, I said "decent" software, if you already use app like Noteshelf, Notes Plus, Tapose, iAnnonate, PDF Expert on iOS then that Jotsy app look like a joke, really.

PDF, lol, ezPDF or qPDF not even half-decent, sorry.
    04-03-12 04:48 PM
    So do you have some proof that at this point the PlayBook is taking substantial resources from getting the phones out? I mean as in right now?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 05:05 PM
    The only thing more boring than not having the freedom to setup a device or computer the way you want is trying to read a bunch of Apple fans hypothesizing about the demise of another brand when we all know its perfectly viable for a competitor to compete.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    04-03-12 05:24 PM
    lol @ netflix. Try a new excuse. If you NEED netflix then that is YOUR NEED. I have a playbook that can watch ANY tv show or movie EVER RELEASED becasue it can PLAY FLASH... you lose, sorry. I have netflix and would love it on the PB, but it isnt there so i use flash based websites with 100x the choice, you should try it to... o wait, nvm.
    Ah yes, you can watch any tv show or movie ever for FREE, and yet you pay for Netflix. This logic helps explain some of your other posts.
    04-03-12 05:58 PM
    Ah yes, you can watch any tv show or movie ever for FREE, and yet you pay for Netflix. This logic helps explain some of your other posts.
    I pay for netflix to use on my xbox on my 106 inch screen...
    so yes, i could get the movies for free... but for $8 a month it is worth it to watch it on that size of screen in HD.

If the playbook has netflix or not I can still watch all those movies and tv shows for free.

Im not really sure what your point about HOW i use MY netflix is, considering that has nothing to do with my point that the playbook CAN WATCH FLASH VIDEO and DOES NOT NEED netflix.

If i didnt have netflix what would you say? My having netflix has nothing to do with what i said. I believe the playbook is a GREAT device WITHOUT netflix. YES netflix would be a great add on, but it is NOT NEEDED.

Do you pay for cable? Well iPad/PB cant access all your Cable stations so that means they are both failures. according to your logic... see how that works?

Just bc you pay for something it doesnt mean you NEED it on EVERY device you own
    04-03-12 06:59 PM
    Beating on the Flash drum just reinforces Playbook as "A platform from the past", which just helps the h8rs. You and I both know that even on our pbs, battery life is worse with flash content, and so much flash content is just garbageware.

it hurts Playbook to brag about running something so bad, the world and even the manufacturer are done with it. Imagine if Windows 8 for mobile launched and all someone could bag about were a DOS emulator. Youd thin that either the product or the users were stuck in the past.

Flash lost, badly, publicly, so we should focus on pb HTML5 success. Very, very few won't snicker when Flash is mentioned as an "advantage".
    04-03-12 08:11 PM
    Good thing the pb browser is one of the best for html5. Nice to also have the choice of flash or not. There still is a lot of good things using flash.
    04-03-12 08:15 PM
    Good thing the pb browser is one of the best for html5.
    Agreed!

Nice to also have the choice of flash or not.
    Eh.

There still is a lot of good things using flash.
    It's nearly all trash these days. Remove flash from your desktop/notebook browser using instructions from Occupy Flash - The movement to rid the world of the Flash Player plugin and pay attention to your browser stability for a month. You'll be a convert.
    04-03-12 08:28 PM
    I don't have any problems on my lappy, thanks. Think the problem with pb browser is something to do with java script and not flash.

I agree it's going away but not overnight.
    04-03-12 08:32 PM
    Flash doesn't bother me. I enjoy having it.
    04-03-12 10:18 PM
    Flash is a terrible resource hog and always has been. Anyone who thinks it's "nice to have" just doesn't know enough about computers to realize that it's junk. Steve Jobs did the world a favor by killing it.
    04-03-12 10:26 PM
    Beating on the Flash drum just reinforces Playbook as "A platform from the past", which just helps the h8rs. You and I both know that even on our pbs, battery life is worse with flash content, and so much flash content is just garbageware.

it hurts Playbook to brag about running something so bad, the world and even the manufacturer are done with it. Imagine if Windows 8 for mobile launched and all someone could bag about were a DOS emulator. Youd thin that either the product or the users were stuck in the past.

Flash lost, badly, publicly, so we should focus on pb HTML5 success. Very, very few won't snicker when Flash is mentioned as an "advantage".
    If my battery lasts 4 hours i can watch 2 movies... for free. If there is a problem with that then im not really sure what would make you happy

I agree that flash did lose... but that doesnt mean it isnt a great thing to have.
    I have an HDDVD player that i got with about 15 dvds... it works and i like it.

The FACT is that I CAN do EVERYTHING, AND MORE using flash then using netflix on the ipad. Laugh all you want (not you, but anyone...) but in the end im watching stuff that you cant.
    04-03-12 10:59 PM
    Flash is a terrible resource hog and always has been. Anyone who thinks it's "nice to have" just doesn't know enough about computers to realize that it's junk. Steve Jobs did the world a favor by killing it.
    I'll say it again...I have flash, and I really enjoy having it. Anyone who says they don't like having flash, is because they wish they had it. Also its funny because Steve Jobs is more of a marketing guy, he doesn't write computer code as far as I know. So, what does he know?
    Last edited by apengue1; 04-04-12 at 08:47 AM.
    04-04-12 08:45 AM
    Also its funny because Steve Jobs is more of a marketing guy, he doesn't write computer code as far as I know. So, what does he know?
    Hard to say since he's,... ya know,....dead. But not allowing FLASH on the best selling Internet capable devices ever produced pretty much ensured that it wouldn't long make financial sense for Adobe to continue supporting it. Good riddance.
    04-04-12 10:42 AM
    Yeah, poor Adobe. Sucks for any company to take crap from Apple. Just cause Apple doesn't like flash its not going to stop me or 90% of the internet from watching flash-based youtube videos, surf on facebook, etc. I'm not saying flash is perfect, but you are out of your mind if you think NOT having it is the perfect solution either. That's just ignorant.

I remember in Steve Jobs biography that Wozniak was the one writing code. Jobs was just getting it out to market. Im pretty sure that info is correct. I saw this biography on tv after he died.. NBC, CBS, all that stuff.
    04-04-12 10:53 AM
    I'll say it again...I have flash, and I really enjoy having it. Anyone who says they don't like having flash, is because they wish they had it. Also its funny because Steve Jobs is more of a marketing guy, he doesn't write computer code as far as I know. So, what does he know?
    I have flash and I don't enjoy using it.

Steve Jobs knew that most flash on the internet was horrible, laggy, buggy and vulnerable to many security risks. He basically knew the same thing that people with common sense on the internet knows about flash.

Flash is very useful, but it is not the best piece of software out there. I would rather use HTML5 (and have been for a few years now) over flash any day. Or an app over the flash version.

The lack of flash is not a big deal unless you constantly use it.

Also, I don't think Steve killed flash like a previous poster said. I do however believe that his hatred for flash influenced a lot of others. Hoever, I have never liked flash. Only time I ever really wanted it was so I can play games in high school 6 years ago.

Oh and too say
    Anyone who says they don't like having flash, is because they wish they had it.
    This statement is dripping ignorance.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-04-12 at 11:00 AM.
    04-04-12 10:57 AM
    AVT -
    And this isn't ignorance? That was the point of my comment. I was waiting for someone to call me out on it. Way to generalize that we don't know enough about computers

When someone comes up with an answer as to why the most popular websites in the world still use flash, then I'll start taking your arguments into consideration. For now, all I see are people with flash-uncapable devices trying to convince the world that flash is dead.

On that note, it just reinforces Steve Jobs' superior marketing stategies. Almost brain-wash like, but I don't want to get into that conversation. Whatever stifles the competition and sells devices....
    Last edited by apengue1; 04-04-12 at 12:01 PM.
    04-04-12 11:55 AM
    OK flash is dead and terrible because almighty Jobs said so. How long ago did almighty declare this? Why isn't it dead yet and why does anyone continue to use it? Why was it just updated again the other day for pc's? I know security patches. Ain't gotta worry about that on the pb.

As I've always read from apple and android users every time a bb user would say I don't need that........ Isn't it better to have a choice to use or not use whatever.
    04-04-12 12:01 PM
    OK flash is dead and terrible because almighty Jobs said so. How long ago did almighty declare this? Why isn't it dead yet and why does anyone continue to use it? Why was it just updated again the other day for pc's? I know security patches. Ain't gotta worry about that on the pb.

As I've always read from apple and android users every time a bb user would say I don't need that........ Isn't it better to have a choice to use or not use whatever.
    Er... you do know that Adobe gave up on mobile Flash?

Is anti-malware software bad if it denies folks the choice of being infested or not? Flash is a step up from common malware, but not a huge step.

For 99 out of 100 users, the choice (which they do not understand) just leads to "Hmmm, wonder what caused that problem?" user experiences. If you're pirating TV shows from Spain or whatever, I guess Flash is a tool of the trade, but let's not assume every Flash user has made an informed risk/reward decision. It came on the machine, and they don't really know which of their problems it causes unless they read stats on browser crashes.

Anyone who says they don't like having flash, is because they wish they had it.
    Well, no.

It ships on every platform I have, and it's still there on the few I haven't figured out how to disable.
    04-04-12 12:38 PM
    Er... you do know that Adobe gave up on mobile Flash?

Is anti-malware software bad if it denies folks the choice of being infested or not? Flash is a step up from common malware, but not a huge step.

For 99 out of 100 users, the choice (which they do not understand) just leads to "Hmmm, wonder what caused that problem?" user experiences. If you're pirating TV shows from Spain or whatever, I guess Flash is a tool of the trade, but let's not assume every Flash user has made an informed risk/reward decision. It came on the machine, and they don't really know which of their problems it causes unless they read stats on browser crashes.

Well, no.

It ships on every platform I have, and it's still there on the few I haven't figured out how to disable.
    Yes I know they did but they are also still supporting android are they not? Also RIM said they will continue to support it.

I guess if people are going to questionable sites they can be infected by the site even if there isn't anything flash on it.

I don't know about every platform but on Windows, add remove programs or programs and features choose uninstall.
    04-04-12 12:45 PM

Well, no.

I'm guessing you didn't read my previous post. That's 2 who took the bait.
    So, do you have an answer as to why the most visited sites in the world still use flash? If not, then I'm not interested.

Does anyone have an answer as to why the most popular, most visited sites in North America AND Worldwide still use flash? Anyone?

I'm waiting...

Just to please everyone who's idol is Steve Jobs:

If flash isn't working correctly for you, you're using it wrong.

Last edited by apengue1; 04-04-12 at 02:12 PM.
    04-04-12 02:10 PM
    I'm guessing you didn't read my previous post. That's 2 who took the bait.
    So, do you have an answer as to why the most visited sites in the world still use flash? If not, then I'm not interested.

Does anyone have an answer as to why the most popular, most visited sites in North America AND Worldwide still use flash? Anyone?

I'm waiting...

Just to please everyone who's idol is Steve Jobs:

If flash isn't working correctly for you, you're using it wrong.

You're not seeing what someone sees when they REMOVE Flash. You're going to these sites and they are serving up Flash. The sites will deliver a modern HTML5 version if they detect a non-Flash browser.

Didn't have time to reparse your statement to detect the trap or game, just knew that what you stated was incorrect.

Only the weakest developers are ADDING flash content. Imagine if soy ink became the new magazine standard. You could brag that nearly all magazines use the old ink, except I only care about the new issues coming out.

Whatever, Flash is simply a minor nuisance to remove if you know what you're doing, and it's just a few more browser crashes and popover ads if you don't. Just don't make the mistake of tying playbook's identity to something that causes nearly all users (most users are NOT power users) to have an inferior experience.
    04-04-12 03:04 PM
    OK. So, do you have an answer as to why the most popular and most visited sites in North America and Worldwide still use flash?

You must continue to enlighten me, Maestro.
    04-04-12 03:25 PM
    OK. So, do you have an answer as to why the most popular and most visited sites in North America and Worldwide still use flash?

Don't tell me it pRon?
    04-04-12 04:28 PM

I probably don't understand the question, what are the URLs? I go to your Youtube page from sig, the movie plays fine without Flash.

We're probably not saying two different things. The flash work is done, those sites don't take it away, they add HTML5, and new development is in HTML5.

If every newspaper publisher switched to green ink tomorrow and no one used black ink anymore, we could make two statements. 99.9% of all newspapers ever published were with black ink, and 100% of newspapers published now are in green ink, and all that nearly everyone cares about would be in green ink within a few weeks because (generally) people read newspapers for news.
    Last edited by RIMvanWinkle; 04-04-12 at 04:54 PM.
    04-04-12 04:50 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD