My wife just got an iPhone and I was playing with it last night... I couldn't figure out a couple of basic things (i come from bb world) - I was trying to highlight some text and copy and paste it somewhere else. I'm thinking of getting one too and I copy and paste stuff all the time...

I tried dragging my finger across it but didn't work. And if I did, I didn't see anything to "copy" or "paste".

1 other - how do you "refresh" a web page you are on?
    02-14-11 10:56 AM
    hold your finger on the text you want and it'll say select/select all..... if select, drag and choose text based on highlight and cut/copy/paste will come up... select one... go to where you want to paste and hold your finger on the spot where you want to paste and "paste" will come up

in the browser window, right before the search window.. there's a circle/arrow there.. that's the refresh button ... it's also the stop button while loaded a web page (it turns to an x) ... watch you'll see
    02-14-11 11:06 AM
    hold your finger on the text you want and it'll say select/select all..... if select, drag and choose text based on highlight and cut/copy/paste will come up... select one... go to where you want to paste and hold your finger on the spot where you want to paste and "paste" will come up

in the browser window, right before the search window.. there's a circle/arrow there.. that's the refresh button ... it's also the stop button while loaded a web page (it turns to an x) ... watch you'll see
    I've seen the select/select all pop up when do that in web address bar, but let's say you want to copy some random text in an email - how do you select where you start and stop copying?

Thanks!
    02-14-11 11:11 AM
    just drag the pointers to the beginning and end on the screen and when you're done the cut/copy prompt will come up
    02-14-11 11:13 AM
    just make sure you use the "select" to do this
    02-14-11 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD