View Poll Results: How will the affect your decision to switch/upgrade to an iPhone 4?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Full stop for me

24 34.29%
  • Perhaps - Has changed my previous direction

10 14.29%
  • Not really - There are other factors and bumpers too

10 14.29%
  • No - Not enough of an issue or I'd buy no matter what

22 31.43%
  • Wasn't going to buy BEFORE the article!

4 5.71%
    For every person who can reproduce the issue there is one who cant. So I dont call it confirmed 100% of anything unless it was every single device able to reproduce it every time. There has to be a reason some can reproduce it and some cant, theyre the same phones.

But again, there are proactive measure to take to solve the problem that are pretty painless and easy. But its easier to whine on the internet then go find a solution that works for you be it a case or some strip screen protector or something over the spot (or just honestly changing how you hold the thing and adapting).
    Do you stand on top of your head or something? It is a pretty big deal...phone hasn't even been out that long and 1.7 equates to over 50 sum thousand returns, which I guess is small in your terms in the short time it has been out.

I see your herder has his sheep rounded up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 01:16 PM
    Do you stand on top of your head or something? It is a pretty big deal...phone hasn't even been out that long and 1.7 equates to over 50 sum thousand returns, which I guess is small in your terms in the short time it has been out.

Considering the iPhone 3GS had a 6% return rate. I think most would consider the iPhone 4 return rate of 1.7% to be acceptable. At least it's not like the Tour return rate, which really was an embarrassment.
    07-18-10 01:29 PM
    And let's not even get into the storm 1's return rate
    07-18-10 04:02 PM
    Even with the minor issues I have had with my iPhone 4 it's still not nearly as aggravating as the storm 1. I guess it's all in the personal preference. Not sure why so many people are hating on the iPhone so hard. I personally love it, and i know they will get it right they have too much money riding on this.

07-18-10 04:27 PM

1.7% is still WAY under the normal return rate for electronic products in general and even for cell phones specifically.
    07-18-10 04:54 PM
    Considering the iPhone 3GS had a 6% return rate. I think most would consider the iPhone 4 return rate of 1.7% to be acceptable. At least it's not like the Tour return rate, which really was an embarrassment.
    Here's another Job's disciple that brings in the competition to deflect the Apple specific issue at hand.

Rim had a problem with the Tour Track ball, owed up to it as a manufacturing defect and replaced the TB and/or the phone.

End of Story

Now how did Apple handle their antenna design flaw.

Tell customers to hold the phone differently.
    Then
    Calculation error on the signal strength indicator.
    Then
    Other manufacturer's have the same problem so its not just Apples fault/problem.
    Then
    Still not admit its a design flaw but give away free stuff anyways.

So

If your OK with Apple treating you like a moron and thinking you will swallow whatever they spew then I guess all is good.

From Day One all Apple had to do was admit to the design flaw and offer people refunds.

End of Story

I think I hear a bell....its time for you to face west
    07-18-10 07:56 PM
    Here's another Job's disciple that brings in the competition to deflect the Apple specific issue at hand.

Rim had a problem with the Tour Track ball, owed up to it as a manufacturing defect and replaced the TB and/or the phone.
    End of Story

Then
    Then
    Other manufacturer's have the same problem so its not just Apples fault/problem.
    Then

So

If your OK with Apple treating you like a moron and thinking you will swallow whatever they spew then I guess all is good.

From Day One all Apple had to do was admit to the design flaw and offer people refunds.

Why are you so hurt you don't even own an iPhone 4 you own one of RIM's other bloopers devices in recent years.
    07-18-10 07:59 PM
    Why are you so hurt you don't even own an iPhone 4 you own one of RIM's other bloopers devices in recent years.
    Not hurt padawan. Nice try though.
    Now go face West with your friends.
    07-18-10 08:15 PM
    Clearly hurt. I don't know why people get so bothered over products they don't own but hey, if you have nothing better to do I understand.
    07-18-10 08:50 PM
    Clearly hurt. I don't know why people get so bothered over products they don't own but hey, if you have nothing better to do I understand.
    How about your psychological need for validation on your device choice?
    Starting threads and posting Youtube video links all over this forum attempting to convince others and yourself that your device is OK and the competitors products have the same problems. Looking for everyone to love you and your iPhone. You should get a puppy. They will love you no matter what device you use.

And the funny thing is I actually like the 4G and think its a good device. I do, however, think Jobs is an a$$ for the way he handled the situation.

I'm out.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 07-18-10 at 09:26 PM.
    07-18-10 09:22 PM
    And that my friends is how you bring out the child in everyone.
    07-18-10 09:29 PM
    And that my friends is how you bring out the child in everyone.
    Interesting logic. 1+2=7
    07-18-10 09:32 PM
    Wooah your back I thought you were out? What changed your mind? Hahaha ok ok I'll stop messing with you I see you got really angry a couple post ago I'm sorry :P and now I'm out as you say lol.
    07-18-10 09:35 PM
    I'm curious, what was the Tour return rate???
    07-18-10 09:56 PM
    I'm still getting it.

I also think this whole issue has been blown out of proportion, Apple vs Haters. It's really sad.

If I can afford every Smart Phone, I would buy it!!! Why the hate.
    07-18-10 10:23 PM
    I'm curious, what was the Tour return rate???
    RIM and Sprint won't say, but most peg it at around 50%.
    07-18-10 10:41 PM

End of Story

Then
    Then
    Then

So

End of Story

Hmmm. That's a lot to say over a small factual comment. I'll just reply by saying, RIM makes great stuff. Apple makes great stuff. I don't care what the companies do Or say as long as they make great stuff. Also AFAIK, RIM
    never admitted to anything, just kept swapping 'em out.

And why would I face west??
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 07-18-10 at 10:55 PM.
    07-18-10 10:44 PM
    RIM and Sprint won't say, but most peg it at around 50%.
    No I don't think the Tour is that high, the Storm would be closer to that than the Tour. The Storm is a stupid piece of hardware, the Tour is manageable (but I still don't like it that much either).
    07-19-10 07:25 AM
    Nope, I foun myself wanting the iPhone even more after these reports :P
    07-19-10 12:26 PM
    No I don't think the Tour is that high, the Storm would be closer to that than the Tour. The Storm is a stupid piece of hardware, the Tour is manageable (but I still don't like it that much either).
    It's been said all over. Just do a google search on "Blackberry Tour returns." The predominant problem was sticky trackballs.
    07-19-10 12:51 PM
    Is it true that Apple deleted straight away any mention or link about the consumer report from their support forum?
    Sounds to me like Apple will get away with lying to people and covering up what they knew it would be a big problem.
    Think how quickly normal people get a fine when they make a small "mistake" and drive slightly faster or park in the wrong place etc but when a big company makes a "mistake" nothing happens to them.

07-21-10 07:42 AM
    People who have strong comments without actually owning an iPhone 4 just crack me up.
    07-21-10 08:27 AM
    People who have strong comments without actually owning an iPhone 4 just crack me up.
    Lol, true, except this is a blackberry forum and therefore not many of us own or will ever own one.
    As soon as a new android or iphone are announced we're barraged with posts about how great this devices will be and we should all give up our blackberries for it.
    Excuse us if we take some pleasure from hearing they're not so great after all.

07-21-10 09:17 AM
    Lol, true, except this is a blackberry forum and therefore not many of us own or will ever own one.
    As soon as a new android or iphone are announced we're barraged with posts about how great this devices will be and we should all give up our blackberries for it.
    Excuse us if we take some pleasure from hearing they're not so great after all.

You're excused , pleasure away.
    07-21-10 09:25 AM
    You're excused , pleasure away.
    Lol, nah, you ruined it now

It was bound to backfire on them sooner or later. I hope they bring an ipod touch with that shape, that I would buy.

07-21-10 09:49 AM
127 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD