Boy I sure am glad no one knows that I prefer Pepsi to Coke.
    10-08-10 09:44 AM
    In sales and sometimes on industrial locations with high noise, missing calls may cost me sales/money. My phone is no different to me as a hammer to a carpenter. Not a fashion accessory.

As to watching a movie and waiting to the end to pick up messages, I guess you don't have kids.

Different Strokes.....
    So again, you're saying you don't miss calls in noisy locations because of the light? I find that absurd unless you're constantly looking at it. As for my phone being a fashion accessory. Hardly. It's in my pocket unless I'm using it.

I do have kids, 2 teenagers at the moment. If I'm watching TV or at the movies, I tell them to shut up or I'll I'll ground them. I recently got them iPhones too, now I threaten to take away their phones. I usually don't have to though, they have their own rooms where they've been playing Starcraft 2 non-stop for the past month or two.
    10-08-10 10:01 AM
    Boy I sure am glad no one knows that I prefer Pepsi to Coke.
    What the eff is wrong with you, Coke is way better...
    10-08-10 11:31 AM
    How is the battery life on the 3GS?
    10-10-10 05:46 PM
    Not terrible but the iPhone 4 has a much better battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 06:46 PM
    [QUOTE=Roo Zilla;5658345]My iPhone has this new fangled feature. When someone calls me, it makes a sound. When I hear it, I answer it.

LOLOL!!!! New fangled feature. SHAZAM!!!! Mine even has that thing.
    10-10-10 06:57 PM

I'd prefer a iPhone 4, but they are way to expensive off contract, even used.
    10-10-10 07:27 PM

Are there any tips or tricks to avoiding excessive battery drainage?
    10-10-10 07:28 PM
    First it was MMS, then it was multitasking.. now it has come down to A LIGHT? LMMFAO! The blackberry fanbois have found a new low.
    10-10-10 07:31 PM
    First it was MMS, then it was multitasking.. now it has come down to A LIGHT? LMMFAO! The blackberry fanbois have found a new low.

The next will be the convience button.
    10-10-10 07:51 PM
    I've seen both arguments about turning off 3G or wifi when not needed. So I'm not sure which one would make a difference.

10-10-10 08:40 PM
    I keep wifi on all the time and haven't noticed any difference with it turned off. I get a solid day with moderate use.
    10-11-10 01:42 AM
    What's the best app to push Google Talk messages?
    I use google talk all the time, and i didn't realize the google app on iPhone doesn't push notifications.
    10-11-10 11:07 AM
    I don't know if it's the best app, but eBuddy works pretty well. There's a free version and a $0.99 version. I use Beejive, but that's like a $10 app, don't know if you want to spend that much on an IM app.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 10-11-10 at 11:41 AM.
    10-11-10 11:36 AM
    I don't know if it's the best app, but eBuddy works pretty well. There's a free version and a $0.99 version. I use Beejive, but that's like a $10 app, don't know if you want to spend that much on an IM app.
    I am using im+ lite on my touch, it's a little slow.
    I am willing to spend $10 if beejive is fast, and does the job.

Also, will beejive push the message to light up the screen if I have the screen off?(does that make sense?)
    10-11-10 11:58 AM

Also, will beejive push the message to light up the screen if I have the screen off?(does that make sense?)
    I know what you mean and yes, Beejive pops a notification on the lockscreen. It's pretty fast. I think it's faster than eBuddy. I guess to some extent you get what you pay for.
    10-11-10 12:04 PM

Been using BeeJive since my 3GS and use it for Gtalk all the time. Works fine.
    Fortunately I picked it up when it was on sale for $5
    10-11-10 12:40 PM
    Made the swtich!
    This is probably a dumb question, so my email and beejive icons will show a bubble when I get a new message.(a red bubble with 1, or 2, etc. on the icon)

But when I get a new txt the sms icon doesnt have one, how do I turn that on?
    10-15-10 09:40 AM
    Made the swtich!
    This is probably a dumb question, so my email and beejive icons will show a bubble when I get a new message.(a red bubble with 1, or 2, etc. on the icon)

But when I get a new txt the sms icon doesnt have one, how do I turn that on?
    Those little numbers are called "badges." Just FYI so when you set notifications in Settings, you know what to look for.

Ok, about the text badge. In Settings, under "Messages," if you have "Show Preview" turned on, then when you tap the "View" or "Cancel" alert, it's as if you saw the message and the badge will not show. If you have "Show Preview" turned off, it will only notify you that you have a text message, and you have to go into the "Messages" app to see it, but it will show a badge.
    10-15-10 09:54 AM
    I don't know if you guys saw this from earlier this year. But this is Seinfeld's take on iPhone vs. BB people.

"Creepy head down thing on you...." That's a classic.

And on Conan...

10-15-10 10:12 AM
    Those little numbers are called "badges." Just FYI so when you set notifications in Settings, you know what to look for.

Ok, about the text badge. In Settings, under "Messages," if you have "Show Preview" turned on, then when you tap the "View" or "Cancel" alert, it's as if you saw the message and the badge will not show. If you have "Show Preview" turned off, it will only notify you that you have a text message, and you have to go into the "Messages" app to see it, but it will show a badge.

Thanks

Another question, I notice my battery life isnt as good as expected.
    Can anyoen recommend an attachable external battery/case?
    10-15-10 10:13 AM
    Thanks

Another question, I notice my battery life isnt as good as expected.
    Can anyoen recommend an attachable external battery/case?
    Yah, battery life on a 3GS is kinda poor. It was my one gripe with the phone when I had it. You can get one of those Morphie Juice packs or look for a cheap alternative on eBay. I got one on eBay for like $15 for emergencies during the 3G/3GS years.
    10-15-10 10:17 AM
    I gotta say, I love this thing.
    I am at work right now, but when I get home I am jailbreaking it.

The only complaint I have is this stupid shake to undo, which I know can not be turned off.
    10-17-10 03:52 PM
    I gotta say, I love this thing.
    I am at work right now, but when I get home I am jailbreaking it.

The only complaint I have is this stupid shake to undo, which I know can not be turned off.
    You say you're jailbreaking it, so yes, you can turn it off.

It's called: ShakeToUndo Killer

I too hate that. This and NoSpot to kill the Spotlight Search from showing up are 2 of the best tweaks I have added among many others.
    10-19-10 01:42 AM
    Maybe this sound stupid, but I want to absorb the experience from non-touchscreen mobile as much as I can before the world goes all touchscreen device. BB9700 is a good if not best example from non-touchscreen side which is push to it's limit (of non-touchscreen) by RIM. While Android, iPhone, Windows Phone are still have a long way to go. I wonder if I can find non-touchscreen mobile in 2020.
    10-19-10 03:47 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD