Hey guys! I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I don't want to be a part of flooding the forums of useless threads, but there's only so much a person can search around for.

So I have been a Blackberry fan for many years. Went from a pearl, to curve and now have the Tour. I love everything it does. I use it for business and personal so it's really nice to have for email and texting, IM and Facebook. The only things I dont like about it is the browser, track ball, and small screen. But thats not going to be my reason for leaving the Blackberry World. I love blackberries! Every phone has its ups and downs.

So the company I work for pays for my phone so I don't see a reason to have two phones and I figure it helps save money. But I have been thinking about going for an iphone in a few months. Either switching my work phone to AT&T or just getting another phone for personal use because I have an ipod touch and I love what it has to offer. Big touchable screen, all the apps, the browser and its just a fun device. I am on it almost as much as my Blackberry.

But I just have a few questions about the iphone for you iphone users:

1.) When it comes to emails: How much of a delay is there in receiving time? Since I use my phone for business, it's a little important.

2.) I have heard Apple is considering bringing the iphone to verizon. Is this true?

3.) Is there a way for me to use my work number from Verizon on the ipod AND with the ATT service?

4.) What would be some good reasons to switch to the iphone?

Again, sorry if these questions have already been answered all over this forum, just wanting to get your guys' perspectives and thoughts. Thanks everyone!
    03-08-10 12:29 AM
    1. For iPhone email you can sync it with Apple's mobileme service to sync with you mac computer or pc to recieve push email, it also syncs your calender, as well as other things just google mobile me to learn more about that service.

*also the iPhone has exchange support so it will also sync with your work computer depending on if your employer allows it, it will sync no problem.

*also the iPhone recieves push email wth gmail, and yahoo's service just google gmail sync with iPhone or yahoo its simple and quick

2. Many rumors are floating around on where the iPhone will be in the coming months from Verizon to Sprint to T-Mobile. One thing i can promise you is the iPhone won't be leaving At&t anytime soon according the their CEO Ralph Stephenson, who said those exact words at an investors conference in early March.

3. using your work number on an iPod not sure if thats possible might be you would really have to look into that online and ask around, i've personally never heard of anyone doing this, But you can tranfer your number to Verizon if you switch your service.

4. Good reasons for switching to the iPhone are many. The simplicity of the device is very amusing and enjoying. people love to open up something and not to have to figure out click this and click that to get where you want. The Apple Apps Store of course. the App Store truly makes the iPhone, and hold endless oppurtunities to make your device what you want your iPhone to be. Your iPhone can be a power business tool as well as crazy fun entertainment device when stuck on the toilet, in a long line or a waiting room. and finally that safari web browser is amazingly beautiful, and fun to browse on. enough can't be said about the iPhone's plus's. Your on the wrong site for iphone sympathizers though. a good site to check out i todaysiphone.com for fun articles and stuff about the iPhone thats what i look at for news and updates.

My advice would be to go on the apple website to really see all the things the iPhone can do and just read around that site.
    Last edited by iPhoneLoyalist; 03-08-10 at 10:25 AM.
    03-08-10 10:22 AM
    Hi, I've been an iphone user for over a year now. I'm actually headed out right now to switch back to a Bold 9000 on Rogers. I love the iphone - except when I have to type on it or send email. Often times I get errors saying that recipients email address doesn't work - or other times, despite the fact that it it supposed to check for email every 15 minutes - I have to wait.

Having said that - this is what it comes down to for me.

Love the iPhone but for me, its an entertainment phone that happens to have an email program.

Blackberry is an email workhorse with questionable entertainment options.

I got a smartphone to expand my office and the bold does that for me.
    03-08-10 10:47 AM
    Hi, I've been an iphone user for over a year now. I'm actually headed out right now to switch back to a Bold 9000 on Rogers. I love the iphone - except when I have to type on it or send email. Often times I get errors saying that recipients email address doesn't work - or other times, despite the fact that it it supposed to check for email every 15 minutes - I have to wait.

Having said that - this is what it comes down to for me.

Love the iPhone but for me, its an entertainment phone that happens to have an email program.

Blackberry is an email workhorse with questionable entertainment options.

I got a smartphone to expand my office and the bold does that for me.
    howcome you just didn't set up exchange support or get mobile me, and what email account to you use the iPhone has push for gmail and yahoo.

Also you know how if you're a BIS user and you check your email and it's still showin *** you haven't read it your computer. The iPhone doesn't give you that problem.
    03-08-10 10:53 AM
    I don't work at a company with an exchange server, so its just POP email. I tried every configuration possible to use with my gmail account to send as, which did work ok. Mobile me doesn't allow for aliases.

Also, I struggled with the lack of physical keyboard.

Again, Love the iPhone for many reasons - except for the one's that make me money.

Both are great options - I just think BB will work better for me
    03-08-10 12:14 PM
    I don't work at a company with an exchange server, so its just POP email. I tried every configuration possible to use with my gmail account to send as, which did work ok. Mobile me doesn't allow for aliases.

Also, I struggled with the lack of physical keyboard.

Again, Love the iPhone for many reasons - except for the one's that make me money.

Both are great options - I just think BB will work better for me
    cool cool gotta respect that, although i still don't understand why gmail didnt work thats a simple set-up, you can find on google, but i totally understand why you choose blackberry, it just works better for some people.
    03-08-10 12:17 PM
    Hey thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it. I guess I just love using my blackberry when it comes to emails and texting, its simple and easy. But I hate the browser because its slow and hard to read, I never use the media player, so I mostly just like to text and email on it.

The iPod touch is a wonderful entertainment device. I love Safari and surfing the web, I can watch videos on it, listen to music, play games, its just fun with all the cool apps. I guess I will just have to compare the two and finally make a decision. For now I am a dedicated Crackberrian, but maybe in time I will give the iPhone a try. We will see lol.

One question I do have is on my email is can I only have one email address synced to my iPod? If so, how can I change my email to a different address? Not my work email but personal.
    03-08-10 05:03 PM
    But I just have a few questions about the iphone for you iphone users:

1.) When it comes to emails: How much of a delay is there in receiving time? Since I use my phone for business, it's a little important.

NONE with MobileMe, Exchange Active sync or Gmail via Exchange Active Sync.

2.) I have heard Apple is considering bringing the iphone to verizon. Is this true?

Eventually, but many believe it to be no earlier than summer 2011 if not later. The way Verizon is slamming the iPhone it would be closer to NEVER! Idiots!

3.) Is there a way for me to use my work number from Verizon on the ipod AND with the ATT service?

What type of number is it on the iPod? If its a regular number yes.. if it's one of those "internet" number probably not.

4.) What would be some good reasons to switch to the iphone?

#1 and best of all USER EXPERIENCE / EASE of use. #2 It just works. #3 App Store destroys all other pretender wannabe copying company stores out (by tens of thousands of apps). <cough> google, blackberry <cough> #4 Apple hardware quality. #5 Apple quality OS. #6 Apple customer service is SECOND to NONE! You don't like how your iPhone looked at you BOOM! here is another one NO QUESTIONS ASKED! I can go on forever.

Sidenote: I type twice as fast on the iPhone if not faster than any other qwerty keyboard phone including but not limited to Blackberries.
    03-08-10 05:17 PM
    Oops I mean to ask: Is there a way for me to use my work number with Verizon on the iPHONE, AND with the ATT service I get with the iPhone? So in other words can I use two different services on the iPhone. I know there are some international knock off phones that do the dual sim, but I was just curious. I will just have to do my studying of the iPhone.
    03-08-10 08:47 PM
    Oops I mean to ask: Is there a way for me to use my work number with Verizon on the iPHONE, AND with the ATT service I get with the iPhone? So in other words can I use two different services on the iPhone. I know there are some international knock off phones that do the dual sim, but I was just curious. I will just have to do my studying of the iPhone.
    I don't believe so.
    03-08-10 09:59 PM
    Can't do it, unless you forward your calls to the iPhone. When placing a call, it will show your iPhone's number from AT&T. You can always set it to not show your callerID tho.
    03-08-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD