First, this really isn't a troll post. I'm considering a 3gs and moving over from Verizon BB.

I know the battery life it was it is. Reading some of the Droid Incredible posts it seems to be on par with it.

How is the call quality and dropped calls on a 3gs? Is it really as bad as you read in the forums?
    05-06-10 02:25 PM
    First, this really isn't a troll post. I'm considering a 3gs and moving over from Verizon BB.

I know the battery life it was it is. Reading some of the Droid Incredible posts it seems to be on par with it.

How is the call quality and dropped calls on a 3gs? Is it really as bad as you read in the forums?
    As for the battey it sucks, dont expect to get a full days usage out of it.

I have a bb9700 for work and an iPhone for personal. I never drop a call on my bb9700 but my iphone is constantly dropping calls, it also seems like i dont get as good as service as my BB. My BB can have 5 bars on the signal and my iPhone will only have 2... It seems like the iphone lacks in some of the basic functions but surpasses everything else in media and apps..
    05-06-10 02:31 PM
    The battery life is bad if you compare to a blackberry. It doesn't compress data and nowadays phones, that are heavy media phones like iPhone and Android devices have pretty poor battery life compared to blackberries. But I'm not going to stay with blackberry for battery life. Even when I used blackberry full time I had a car charger, USB at my desk at work and home charger. No different now.

I haven't experienced a real big difference in call quality. And when I used my blackberry I didn't have a lot of dropped calls and don't have a lot now. But then again, I don't talk on the phone a lot for a long time anyway.

Here's what I would say, don't take anyone's word for it. Get yourself one and try it out. You have 30 days before you have to return it and cancel your AT&T contract without penalty. Give it a good test drive and see what you think. Everyone has difference experiences and preferences so what may be a big deal to one person, isn't to someone else. Try it for yourself.

Lastly, call quality on AT&T will most like be less than VZW (and sprint for that matter) as CDMA technology usually provides better, stronger and clearer quality than GSM.

But again, try for yourself. Also note that the next iPhone will most like be annoice next month so you may want to wait until then because you don't want to just buy the 3GS so close to the newest one coming out. Good luck.
    05-06-10 02:46 PM
    Moved from Storm 2 to iPhone and have never looked back...if your into movies, music, or apps? iPhone will not disappoint.
    05-06-10 02:47 PM
    The only thing can can disappoint about the iPhone is AT&T's fairly shoddy service in a lot of areas.
    05-08-10 12:53 AM
    To add to what scorpiodsu said, a 30 day trial is a great idea.

Call quality and signal strength depend on where you are in relation to your carriers cell towers. Some people on AT&T have no issues, some have horrendous service. 30 days should be enough time to see how well their network covers you where you live, work and play.

In addition, you will also have the chance to see how well the functionality of the device suits your needs. If you end up signing a contract for 1-2 years, you better be happy with it.

You haven't said what your needs or usage requirements would be.
    If we knew what you needed, people on this forum could make suggestions as to what apps might work for you.
    05-08-10 09:25 AM
    Why pick up a 3GS with the 4th gen model like a month away? Also according to Gizmodo the battery capacity has been increased by a good size.
    05-08-10 01:24 PM
    It would be incredibly foolish to pick up the 3GS when the 4g is a mere month away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 08:58 PM
    I switched from BB tour to iPhone 3gs three weeks ago. I spent a long time on the fence. Call quality is as good. I haven't experienced any dropped calls with Bell Mobility. Battery life isn't that bad if you are in wifi most of the day. The app selection is great and the cost is usually less than blackberry apps. I think e-mail blows compared to BB. I miss BB messenger and tweaking the BB system all the time. After all said and done, I would still stick with the iphone.

HTC Touch,Curve 8330, Tour, Iphone 3gs
    05-08-10 11:43 PM
    Well, I'm now comparing the 3gs with the HTC Incredible. I know they both have their strengths and weaknesses. As long as I can get email, calendar and contacts synced I'm good. They seem to both be able to do that.

The main priorities for me are really battery life, call quality and voice coverage.
    05-11-10 10:41 AM
    Well, I'm now comparing the 3gs with the HTC Incredible. I know they both have their strengths and weaknesses. As long as I can get email, calendar and contacts synced I'm good. They seem to both be able to do that.

The main priorities for me are really battery life, call quality and voice coverage.
    From what Ive heard, both devices get around the same battery life. The advantage goes to the Incredible with the removable battery. If you are narrowing it down to Verizon and AT&T, check out the coverage maps. Check out the areas where you live, work, travel, and friends live etc. Then you can see which carrier provides the best coverage for YOU since both carriers prices are on par with each other. Like a lot of people have said you will have the 30 day trial to make your decision.
    05-11-10 11:18 AM
    In my opinion. Just wait for the 4g to compare to the incredible. Overall the iPhone is a great phone but ofcourse it has it's downsides. Battery life is bad. Well atleast on mine. No full day on the full battery. Cistomization is a negative on the iPhone. The big plus is the app store. Other than that the android is growing rapidly fast. Two different os. U hve to play with both to make a choice. I've had every iPhone and I have plans of switching to an android. iPhone can o ly do so much. Notifications is a must for me and android has it the best.
    05-11-10 11:31 PM
    Just as a word of caution, if you do decide to try the iphone for a certain amount of time, make sure you know in fine print what the return policy is. I upgraded my BB curve to an iphone on Fri May the 7th and by Sunday I wanted to return it. My wireless company finally called me yesterday (Tuesday) to ask how I was liking it and I admitted I was returning it. Unfortunately that call on my iphone lasted 19 minutes and when I went to the store last night to return my iphone, the dealer told me that the phone usage was more then 30 minutes and they were unable to take it back now. I've been on the phone with every person imaginable trying to get them to take the iphone back. If the customer service person hadnt called me on my phone, I would have been able to take it back with no problems. I'm not impressed right now. So be sure you find out what the stipulations are to return the phone if you dont like it. I thought I'd love the iphone but I hated the touch keyboard and the fact that I wasnt receiving email notifications like I do on my BB. Oh, and the battery life sucked! I was charging it at least every night and sometimes even through the day. I can charge my BB and not have to charge it again for 4-5 days.
    05-12-10 08:36 AM
    Why pick up a 3GS with the 4th gen model like a month away? Also according to Gizmodo the battery capacity has been increased by a good size.
    They also put a new processor in there so who knows. The battery life may end up being the same.
    05-13-10 12:09 PM
    They also put a new processor in there so who knows. The battery life may end up being the same.
    Better processors are intended to make the phone/computer more efficient not just faster. So hopefully this processor is better because there are rumors that it's the same that runs in the iPad and battery life on there is sick.
    05-13-10 12:16 PM
    The ipad also has two batteries. So, it's sick minus 50%.
    05-13-10 01:58 PM
    The ipad also has two batteries. So, it's sick minus 50%.
    Even 50% less than the iPad is way better than the battery on the 3GS. I'd take that all day
    05-13-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD