I was in the corporate ATT store here in my city and i was wanting to upgrade to iphone. I still need 7 days till my contract is up so they needed manager approval for early upgrade to Iphone. Manager came out and she advised me to wait until june for the new iphone to come out. I asked if it was staying with ATT and she said you can bet your house on it. She also told me that they have been testing it since november. She went on and said if they weren't getting the iphone she would approve my early upgrade to make sure i get the iphone with them. She assured me the new iphone will be out in june and will be with att. She couldn't have been more professional and straight forward and i believe he. Im still getting the 3gs though as i don't want to wait 5 months for a new phone nor do i want to spend what it is going to cost.
    02-03-10 01:05 AM
    No AT&T corporate store manager in their right mind would waive an upgrade for an early iPhone upgrade. They would be FIRED.
    02-03-10 01:33 AM
    what a reliable source! managers and all salesman at corporate stores are the perfect place to get up to date details on unreleased info because they are the most knowledgeable. of course they would never lie to you because the manager is professional
    02-03-10 01:45 AM
    Don't hold your breath.. it's just a matter of time before other carries get the iPhone. Canadian providers already have it. VZW has been suspected to be next.
    02-03-10 01:46 AM
    The iPhone was never leaving Att. Just the possibilty of other carriers getting it
    02-03-10 01:48 AM
    I heard Boost Mobile is getting the iPhone.. I have sources.
    02-03-10 07:34 AM
    what a reliable source! managers and all salesman at corporate stores are the perfect place to get up to date details on unreleased info because they are the most knowledgeable. of course they would never lie to you because the manager is professional
    LMFAO that made my day, thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 08:03 AM
    Whoever ever said AT&T was not getting the next iPhone? I'm pretty sure everyone already knew that. The question is, will another carrier have it. And she would have no clue about another carrier getting the iPhone eventually.
    02-03-10 08:08 AM
    In more pertinent news.. FoxNews is reporting "AGAIN"

that Apple and Verizon are STILL
    talking.

They've been "TALKING" since 2006! LMMFAO!
    02-03-10 09:59 AM
    The 5 year exclusive rights with ATT die in mid-2011. RIP.
    02-03-10 11:15 AM
    What I don't get is AT&T publicly admitted that the iphone was putting a strain on there network so they turn around and add a ipad???
    02-03-10 12:21 PM
    What I don't get is AT&T publicly admitted that the iphone was putting a strain on there network so they turn around and add a ipad???
    Ipad doesn't use att. It runs of WIFI.
    02-03-10 01:39 PM
    Ipad doesn't use att. It runs of WIFI.
    Versions of the iPad will be released after the WiFi only versions which will
    have wireless abillity as well as WiFi. They will actually be unlocked but AT&T
    has the exclusive rights to offer data plans for them.
    02-03-10 01:41 PM
    Yeah I agree. But I also think they don't anticipate the numbers of iPad using 3G as high since every version of the iPhone needs AT&T's network but there are going to be WiFI only versions of the iPad. Also, AT&T better be investing more in their network in order for this to work as well as any other data-intensive device, especially with Android devices coming this year.
    02-03-10 04:23 PM
    I just got a thing on my company pagefront abuot money AT&T is investing in the network, yea we're wokring on it.
    02-03-10 05:18 PM
    They are, they released some material how service in NY and San Fran has improved dramatically by throwing money at the network/backhaul. They're definitely starting to spend on the network.

And I agree, no one couldve predicted how big the iphone would be. Not even "The Network" who likes to boast how they could handle it. Thats doubtful at best, and probably all talk. Its easy to talk big after the fact when you still havent seen the device.

Also sources (check theiphoneblog) say VZW and Apple are still in "talks," so i wouldnt count on this summer as its already Feb unless something finally moves in the next few weeks after months and months of "talking." There's nothing concrete either way other than there is NO deal with VZW as of today.
    02-03-10 08:10 PM
    No AT&T corporate store manager in their right mind would waive an upgrade for an early iPhone upgrade. They would be FIRED.
    Lies. My mom just did one 2 week early and the manager didn't even need to be there. AT&T doesn't care, there is a 75 dollar fee you have to pay.

Good for them, I might have told you that, but phones companies are doing shady things now-a-days. I have a blackberry, so... I'm not worried about iPhones.
    02-03-10 08:14 PM
    Who cares. Both AT&T & Apple are worthless.
    02-03-10 08:25 PM
    and you being here just to bash them says what?
    02-03-10 08:59 PM
    I just got a thing on my company pagefront abuot money AT&T is investing in the network, yea we're wokring on it.
    Yes they are. AT&T is really pushing to upgrade their network and not just for the iPad, but for the new iPhone and Android devices. I've also heard they're really trying to push to get permission to build in a lot of places they either don't have coverage or not much of. I'm sure the economy being in the shape it's in is actually helping AT&T get approved as it's giving more jobs to people.
    02-03-10 09:26 PM
    Don't hold your breath.. it's just a matter of time before other carries get the iPhone. Canadian providers already have it. VZW has been suspected to be next.
    Uh-ah, not very likely. Give the iPad for example. It was rumored to be the Verizon iSlate and nowhere did AT&T's name came up. Everyone was very excited and many dreamed of Verizon at Apple's big event last week. Look what it turned out to be, an AT&T iPad. and wow, it's on GSM platform so that means it will not work on either VZW or Sprint's platform at this time. Don't believe FIX News.

If the iPhone ever gets into CDMA shores, it will be a long wait. So quench the thirst already. Buy yourself a new iPhone. Granting that it does reach the other 3 carriers, I would be very happy and I wish we could have more than half of current AT&T iphone users leave us for VZW/Sprint/T-Mo. That way only a handful of us people who stayed to lavish on our fast 3G. No more bottleneck.
    02-03-10 09:38 PM
    Who cares. Both AT&T & Apple are worthless.
    So is that POS Storm 2 you got there . Storm = Fail
    02-04-10 10:28 AM
    haha, how reliable are the managers in att?? waiting for flash support i don't care about new iphones. I just want flash support.
    02-04-10 11:04 AM
    Yes they are. AT&T is really pushing to upgrade their network and not just for the iPad, but for the new iPhone and Android devices. I've also heard they're really trying to push to get permission to build in a lot of places they either don't have coverage or not much of. I'm sure the economy being in the shape it's in is actually helping AT&T get approved as it's giving more jobs to people.
    IMO they should have been pushing to upgrade their network several years ago, when the iPhone came out. Even the launch of the BB Bold in 11/08 was marred by 3G coverage glitches up the wazoo. And in places like NYC and Atlanta where Verizon has very fast download coverage everywhere. Honestly, if ATT were worth a hoot I would have an iPhone right now. I predict they will go the way of the other alsorans within 5 years.
    02-04-10 11:20 AM
    So is that POS Storm 2 you got there . Storm = Fail
    LOL Storm, more link light sprinkle. I was dumb enough to buy the Storm 2 and got rid of that POS within 2 weeks. Never regretted doing it for a second.
    02-04-10 12:13 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD