07-07-09 09:22 AM
30 12
tools
    Just curious....Why is everyone going into the store to pay the ETF? Why not just let it hit your final bill and pay it online or in the mail?

I'm a verizon customer, and this is just unprofessionalism coming from their reps if this is going on. A similar example: I'm an apartment property manager and we have competitors too. We used to pay all the utilities for our residents and it was a HUGE selling point for our community. One of our competitors also always paid utilities for their tenants as well.

About 2 years ago my company decided that we wanted to stop paying utilities for the residents and billed it back to the tenants. We did this mostly for financial reasons, greed, to make more money, but we also did not do the correct amount of research to learn exactly what we could lose by doing this. Verizon passed on iPhone due to financial reasons and lack of market research as well.

Well, 2 years later I still have tenants leaving left and right and probably about 30-40% (sound familiar) of who I lose goes to our competing apartment community. It does bother me because I know that our company dropped the ball on this, however I still have to treat people who are moving out with respect because, well, you never know. Maybe one day we'll change our stance on utilities and try to win some of those customers back. But I could NEVER say that paying for utilities is not a huge competitive advantage because I know it is.

If Verizon is really trying to tell their reps about how much better the storm or whatever they have is than the iPhone, Verizon is going to be the ones hurting from all this. They need to realize it is a superior device and maybe try to figure out how to compete with it rather than trashing it to their former customers.
    07-06-09 09:09 PM
    Agreed 100%. I have nothing but good experiences with Verizon, which is why I posted it. I am in customer service, and I understand I am not perfect by any means but you never want to intentionally **** off a good customer or any customer for that matter. No one like losing business, but I think it's important to understand that the nicer you are, and more understanding the more likely you are to get that person back when or if things change.
    To answer your other question about paying the ETF online?
    For whatever reason the Online services wasn't showing it. I just wanted to make sure to pay it because I am obsessive and I didn't want a bad record if I went be to Verizon.
    07-06-09 09:37 PM
    After being a vzw customer for 3 years I have finally made the switch to AT&T and got the iphone 3gs. Honestly yea verizon's network is much better in nyc but I have wifi at work, wifi at home, and the at&t coverage isn't bad overall... But the iphone is sooo worth it I mean I've had blackberries for what seems like forever and the truth is the OS is outdated and RIM is playing it safe and not making any changes. Same OS different packaging. After suffering with the storm (worse BB IMHO) I've made the switch and couldn't be happier. Don't let vzw get you down coverage is good on at&t and you get the best overall smartphone your money can buy. There is no one who can honestly say that the Iphone isn't the model of how a smartphone should be built
    Wow. If you substitute New Hampshire for NY in the above post, I would say it describes me, too. Six months of nonsense with the Storm was only good to get me through until the 3GS came out. Yes, Verizon's network is a little better but not enough to make me regret the decision to get an iPhone. This is one cool device and unlike the Storm, is very smooth.
    07-06-09 11:59 PM
    Me too. Me too. Once I found out there was a new iPhone coming out in June, I held onto my storm until it came out, and the hype died down a bit. I didn't want to have to wake up at 4 am just to get the phone. LoL
    07-07-09 12:05 AM
    haha looks like great minds think alike I held on to my storm for exactly one week after the 3GS came out and then jumped ship and haven't looked back since. No more hybrid OS, no more BS, no more problems. I do have to say one thing though: although I can't vouch for vzw store customers their phone support has always been spectacular. My issues have always been resolved and they have always been courteous and tried to resolve my issues. Too bad they passed on the Iphone when they did because it's THE ONLY REASON IMO TO LEAVE VERIZON.
    07-07-09 09:22 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD