06-23-09 09:25 AM
39 12
tools
    Yeah it's almost as comical as thinking the Storm is in the same class as the iPhone. That's why when they ran comparisons with the 3gs they compared against the pre and g1. Storm isn't even in the convo.

storm still dominates in the most important area for me...

communication..
    06-22-09 12:30 AM
    I think I'm convinced enough to at least try it out.
    06-22-09 02:17 AM
    I think I'm convinced enough to at least try it out.
    I think that is level headed thinking there, doesn't hurt to try.
    06-22-09 10:42 AM
    storm still dominates in the most important area for me...

communication..
    If by dominates you mean stinks and if by communication you mean random reboots, freezes when trying to switching orientation to answer a call, or screen click not working in the corners without home made tweaks.... then I have to agree.

Blackberry is great, Storm sucks.
    06-22-09 12:10 PM
    lol, iphone to storm = lexus to rollerblades
    I think you mean VZW to AT&T = lexus to rollerblades. Don't you?
    06-22-09 12:13 PM
    Not for everyone. Verizon is not the god carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 01:51 PM
    I will never see the tunnel because that apple tunnel was closed when I shut off the first iPhone
    LOL and the first mistake you ever made was doing just that

And no , but it depends on where you live , honestly , when i had verizon i had about 3 bars everywhere i went , figured **** that wasnt bad , but now with att and my 3gs i have had 5 bars everywhere i have gone . It really just depends on your area
    06-22-09 01:57 PM
    So I did it. I took the plunge and went over to the Dark Side

My iPhone is only a few hours old so I'm still working on it. But I think so far I'm pretty glad I made the switch.

I still have all my BlackBerries lined up neatly in a row. Ready just in case I make the switch.

But seriously, coming from the Storm, the OS is like night and day. I forgot that a phone could run so smoothly. I'm in NYC so ATT and Verizon are pretty much evenly matched in most areas so service wise I should be fine. The real test I guess will be when I go to work tomorrow. I'll see how it handles the day.
    06-22-09 08:13 PM
    NICE , its worth it man , although , expect the first day for the battery to die fast , mine did , ever since it has lasted well past a day
    06-22-09 08:16 PM
    LOL and the first mistake you ever made was doing just that

And no , but it depends on where you live , honestly , when i had verizon i had about 3 bars everywhere i went , figured **** that wasnt bad , but now with att and my 3gs i have had 5 bars everywhere i have gone . It really just depends on your area

the thing is that its a bit different now Im not a cellphone network expert but my understanding is with GSM the bars mean much more for voice then they do for voice in cdma..

I personally was in a place about a year ago that I had 1 bar... for verizon and made a phone call no problem no issues..

but when I had 1 bar on my iPhone it at "that particular place" same area wouldn't even connect the call..

now I am not sure 100 percent if this works this way.. and if it was just the area I was in but it made me wonder anyway..
    06-22-09 08:28 PM
    HeroBerry..you should get mobile me. It would be good if you go away or something, and need to wirelessly sync everything.
    06-23-09 02:34 AM
    its no surprise that the storm is a piece of crap(only blackberry to have its own rants and raves section on crackberry), so if ure all about touchscreen then iphone is the way to go.

yeah we all know reception has many variables.. bla bla bla. no network is perfect and u can choose any network and find some areas with weak reception. at the end of the day verizon has better coverage throughout america than att and doesn't suffer with any of att's network issues crap. so verizon has much better reception OVERALL. but don't count att out yet. they are doing a lot to improve and at the end of the day... who actually wants to be using a cdma device??
    Last edited by avmsam; 06-23-09 at 03:44 AM.
    06-23-09 03:38 AM
    I was just at AT&T yesterday. I have amazing reception with Verizon except when I'm home my house gets none, but we're down the road from an AT&T tower. After being with Verizon for like 4 years I told them I have no reception a home still and they're letting us out of our contract for free so I'm probably switching over. The Storm has potential, but I'm not waiting around for it to develop.

You guys have all been very convincing as well so I'm kinda pumped to have a phone that works with my mac haha
    06-23-09 09:02 AM
    HeroBerry..you should get mobile me. It would be good if you go away or something, and need to wirelessly sync everything.
    Well I would have taken advantage of the sale if someone (Giga.....) didn't talk me out of it.

So far though, as far as the devices go, they are like night and day

I don't like making judgments so early in the game because I always, ALWAYS find something wrong with a device and switch. Hopefully I'll stick to my guns this time because it is too expensive to keep doing that lol
    06-23-09 09:25 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD