I'm defecting too; what pushed me over is the new price plan; rollover minutes?
    And the friends list. Can u slap a dtat plan on that? U AT&T guys must be loving this thread.
    Buy the way I'm the W(B)est coast I hear nothing bad about AT&T over here
    10-05-09 10:02 AM
    I'm in North Jersey - Bergen County and travel throughout Passaic and Hudson Counties (& more)... The service is remarkable.

The 3G isn't as faster as Rockland County, NY ... but it's still faster than Verizon & Sprint (both I've had or currently have).

If service is a worry, then it shouldn't be as you'll notice North Jersey is pretty much blanketed with 3G coverage.
    hmmm, that's good to hear since I work in Passaic County and live in Essex County...I'm just so scared to switch...plus my husband and I are on the family share plan with verizon and his contract is scheduled to expire at the end of this month but he's looking at getting the tour for an upgrade...it'll be his first bb/smartphone...so, i'm not even sure if I'll be able to convince him to jump ship...
    10-05-09 11:12 AM
    You can tell him to wait for the 9700 for AT&T (ONYX/Bold2) Going to be a nice phone I hear with a trackpad not ball, also just do the 30 day trial with the iPhone from AT&T when you are serious about switching. I also wanted to talk about your discount from Verizon, AT&T offers them too, you can check what your discount would be by using this https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/ or when you go to the AT&T store, take some proof of you being a employee and they can tell you there. Hope I helped you out a bit.
    10-05-09 11:19 AM
    You can tell him to wait for the 9700 for AT&T (ONYX/Bold2) Going to be a nice phone I hear with a trackpad not ball, also just do the 30 day trial with the iPhone from AT&T when you are serious about switching. I also wanted to talk about your discount from Verizon, AT&T offers them too, you can check what your discount would be by using this https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/ or when you go to the AT&T store, take some proof of you being a employee and they can tell you there. Hope I helped you out a bit.
    I actually did check that out the other day and I would be able to get a discount for 2 lines on the iPhone plan (assuming my husband would want an iPhone)...and it's actually cheaper than what I'm paying now with VZW for both our lines...it would be around $142 compared to $167 I'm paying with VZW...but the $142 doesn't include taxes and fees so it may pretty much be equal out to what I'm paying now...I guess the only thing left for me to do is do the 30 day trial and also get my husband on board
    10-05-09 11:32 AM
    Tell your husband if he likes blackberry's he will like the 9700 with the trackpad!!! Also the rumored Dakota/Magnum sort of a Bold2 with a keyboard/trackpad/touchscreen also a rumored liquid lens camera is going to be nice too!!!
    10-05-09 11:34 AM
    I switched from verizon to att just for the iphone. I like it but I think I want to try out a blackberry bold. I have never had a problem with the att service. I was actually thinking about jumping ship over to sprint. Their family data plan would save me about $40 a month(5lines) plus my wife would get a 19% discount for being a teacher
    10-05-09 12:06 PM
    I defected for the iphone and ended up coming back to tmo. I am strongly considering making the leap again. Everytime I turn around, a friend or coworker now has the iphone. With Ping coming out I might be able to get my BBM fix from that. I dont know, it hard to choose. Anyone have any feedback on the new att plans?
    10-09-09 02:57 PM
    I'm defecting too; what pushed me over is the new price plan; rollover minutes?
    And the friends list. Can u slap a dtat plan on that? U AT&T guys must be loving this thread.
    Buy the way I'm the W(B)est coast I hear nothing bad about AT&T over here
    I call BS, no way.. no how.. I don't believe it!
    10-09-09 03:13 PM
    Keep in mind that AT&T charges a restocking fee of 10% on ALL APPLE PRODUCTS THEY SELL. So you test the iPhone for 30 days..well be prepared to fork over some $$$ just to return it!!
    10-09-09 05:20 PM
    Keep in mind that AT&T charges a restocking fee of 10% on ALL APPLE PRODUCTS THEY SELL. So you test the iPhone for 30 days..well be prepared to fork over some $$$ just to return it!!
    OH MY GOD TWENTY WHOLE DOLLARS .. NO WAY!!!!

That is some serious $$$$$$$$$$$. I might have to take out a second mortgage.

What pisses me off is the $100 a month I was wasting with the storm, that didn't do ****. And everyone on crackberry .. "just be patient, it will get better" .. "just be patient, the new OS is coming" ... "just be patient, RIM is working on it" ... "just be patient, the storm 2 is coming out". What a load a crap. And your worried about $20
    10-11-09 09:30 AM
    Does AT&T Have insurance? What happens if it gets damaged or lost?
    Last edited by bobm445; 10-11-09 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling and question mark
    10-11-09 09:23 PM
    OH MY GOD TWENTY WHOLE DOLLARS .. NO WAY!!!!

That is some serious $$$$$$$$$$$. I might have to take out a second mortgage.

What pisses me off is the $100 a month I was wasting with the storm, that didn't do ****. And everyone on crackberry .. "just be patient, it will get better" .. "just be patient, the new OS is coming" ... "just be patient, RIM is working on it" ... "just be patient, the storm 2 is coming out". What a load a crap. And your worried about $20
    ROFL. This post is 100% win. I want my phone to work NOW, not to wait for leaked releases that still don't address all the issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 06:13 AM
    Does AT&T Have insurance? What happens if it gets damaged or lost?
    Apple care the phone is sold by ATT but supported by Apple only.
    10-12-09 07:28 AM
    Apple care does not warranty lost or damaged phones, it only extends the existing one year for a total of two. Look to square trade.. other 3rd party companies.
    10-12-09 08:36 AM
    square trade is awesome. Dont get the best buy one, $15/month isnt worth it.
    10-12-09 09:47 AM
    ROFL. This post is 100% win. I want my phone to work NOW, not to wait for leaked releases that still don't address all the issues.

I agree with you 1000%. I didn't buy a Storm to have to load a leaked OS onto it, that doesn't allow all of the functions to work. Whats even crazier is that most everyone on CB is giving RIM the benefit of the doubt with this phone and being very patient for things to happen with the phone that were promised to us on release date. I have the leaked 5.0.0.230 on my Storm now and am not happy with it. A lot of things on the phone don't work, and it still freezes up a ton. The ONLY reason that I downloaded it is because everyone on this site raved about it. It makes me mad that I'm paying $170.00/month for this phone plan and I have to download leaked software because the phone doesn't work right, and the leaked software doesn't make it any better.

I'm picking a 3GS up this weekened. Good bye Storm!
    Last edited by 0837S; 10-13-09 at 08:48 PM.
    10-13-09 08:46 PM
    i also had the voyager and the storm i listen to ***** people say how bad at&t service was and its not true yes verizon has better service than at&t ive had an iphone 3g for about 7 months now and it was the best choice i ever made once an iphone is jailbroken no phone on the market can compete with the iphone do what i did i sold the storm to some ***** on ebay for 375 went straight to at&t and got a 3g for 100 bucks
    10-20-09 01:11 PM
    Iphones are just so damn tempting. Grrrrr. I feel like everyone and their mother has one (or some version of it--ie the Storm).

I'm counting down the days until its time for my upgrade.
    10-20-09 03:46 PM
    With non tech people and moms buying the iphone I'll definitely have to pass.
    10-29-09 12:51 AM
    ^who cares what other people use or think. That's the dumbest excuse to pass...
    10-29-09 01:03 AM
    ^who cares what other people use or think. That's the dumbest excuse to pass...
    Its an excellent excuse to pass. Who wants to be like everyone else?

Besides is it only me that gets annoyed with the iphone people holding up their screens saying "look at this app" realizing that its the first and last time they will ever use it?

The iphone is a great device (mediocre phone) and I think Apple computers are great as well (iMac owner) but I have work to do so I'll stick with what I've got and play with my iTouch when i want to get all touchy and feely.
    10-29-09 01:27 AM
    If you buy it at Best Buy and then decide to return it you do not pay a restocking fee.

01-06-10 06:50 PM
    square trade is awesome. Dont get the best buy one, $15/month isnt worth it.
    Just curious- why don't you think the best buy insurance is worth it? It covers everything except lost or stolen and there is no deductible.

For those of you with AppleCare- if you need to get a replacement phone does it extend your contract again and does it cover accidental damage? I'm still within my 30 days that I could add it, I believe.

Thanks.

01-06-10 06:57 PM
    Actually I work at Best Buy Mobile part time and we have never charged a restocking fee. Maybe different stores have different policies? I know computers charge a restocking fee at the store I work at.

A coworker told me Best Buy USE to charge a restocking fee for iPhones--30%. Yikes!
    Last edited by tlo07; 01-10-10 at 12:06 PM.
    01-07-10 09:41 AM
    I don't see anything wrong with switching carriers to get the iphone. If its the phone you really want, then why not? I would.
    The problem is when you are on a CDMA network and you want a phone that only works on a GSM network then you have to switch. I wanted an iphone, but I didn't switch to ATT. I purchased an Iphone off of eBay and I'm using it with T-Mobile. Granted the 3g doesn't work, but the data plan is cheaper that ATT's.
    01-07-10 01:03 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD