What sold me was this:

My bf has a 3GS. I have a BB 8330. We both sat next to each other.... he and I wanted to view the same video on YouTube.

His video was running and i was still opening the darned page.

To find 20 (yes TWENTY) minutes later, when mine FINALLY opened the page, that BB's cant play YOUTUBE video (and i had an app that is supposed to make them work.. yea right!)!

Verizon blocks wifi, so unless i want to pay an extra 30 bux a month, i cant get wifi...

My bf's iPhone was on the 3GS when it opened the site and video in SECONDS.

My verizon contract ends in june.... after 8 years with them....
    11-07-09 07:21 PM
    Very fair comparison you have there.
    11-07-09 07:23 PM
    exactly! i was so IFFY at that point... but after that side by side, there is NO keeping me with Verizon... even if there's a MAP for that.... i live in NJ, i dont travel anymore and the signal on ATT here is great! Why struggle with Verizon (i love their CS though), when i live for internet and text... the iphone is great for that!

I have an ipod touch and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! so iphone it is... the Droid i checked out and it's just like all of their other crappy phones.
    11-07-09 07:28 PM
    I was being sarcastic...the 8330 vs Iphone is a no contest, there's almost 3 years difference between the age of the phones.

But if youtube is your only use, you'll be very happy with the iphone.
    11-07-09 07:34 PM
    Streaming video on a Blackberry is no comparison to an iPhone. Bottom line.
    11-07-09 08:31 PM
    I was being sarcastic...the 8330 vs Iphone is a no contest, there's almost 3 years difference between the age of the phones.

But if youtube is your only use, you'll be very happy with the iphone.
    ^this, lol, can't compare those two phones...

Also, I have a 8330 as well and never needed an app to play youtube videos, just went straight to the site and played videos no problem.
    11-07-09 08:38 PM
    Any phone on 3G will open a YouTube video in a second or so and play it seamlessly. In fact, I have a Storm 9530 on Verizon and an iPhone 3G on AT&T (of course) and the Storm actually opens the videos faster AND plays them more seamlessly, where the iPhone tends to stop and buffer more. HOWEVER, the iPhone does have one HUGE advantage. You see Google kisses Apple and AT&T's azz and provides a better YouTube player and higher quality video stream to the iPhone.

So now what I'm confused about is why it took 20 minutes for your video to load on 3G? Something in your story doesn't add up.

First of all, the 8330 does not have WiFi capability. Second, if it did you wouldn't have to pay $30 per month to use it. Third, VZW requires you to have a BB data plan, which IS $30, so if you really have an 8330, you're already paying that $30. And if somehow you weren't paying that, then you wouldn't have data and wouldn't be able to open a YouTube video at all.

Edited to add: One other thing, if you get an iPhone you have to pay $30 a month extra for data too...

Are you pulling our legs?

Oh yeah, and one other thing. Come June, we probably won't have a Blackberry or an iPhone...It's looking like it will be two Android phones on VZW. There's no way in h3ll we'll get anything on AT&T again...
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 11-07-09 at 10:45 PM. Reason: edit
    11-07-09 10:40 PM
    Yeah, my mom's bf's iPhone and my 8900 raced to stream a video and mine was beat hands down. I'm definitely considering the switch
    11-08-09 11:12 PM
    the 8900 isnt a 3G phone, so not even a correct comparison

PEOPLE, if you bought a BB and all youre concerned about (or the #1 factor as it sounds) is streaming video in this equation, you bought the wrong device! Blackberry isnt a strong media device, shouldve researched before buying one.
    11-08-09 11:26 PM
    What sold me was this:

My bf has a 3GS. I have a BB 8330. We both sat next to each other.... he and I wanted to view the same video on YouTube.

His video was running and i was still opening the darned page.

To find 20 (yes TWENTY) minutes later, when mine FINALLY opened the page, that BB's cant play YOUTUBE video (and i had an app that is supposed to make them work.. yea right!)!

Verizon blocks wifi, so unless i want to pay an extra 30 bux a month, i cant get wifi...

My bf's iPhone was on the 3GS when it opened the site and video in SECONDS.

My verizon contract ends in june.... after 8 years with them....
    How are you even comparing these two? theres like a 3 year gap in technology.
    11-09-09 10:18 AM
    Go get a droid then see who has the faster phone
    11-09-09 11:59 AM
    got you m.youtube.com from your phone.
    you will play youtube videos (with **** poor quality)
    but...welcome
    11-09-09 01:07 PM
    the 8900 isnt a 3G phone, so not even a correct comparison

PEOPLE, if you bought a BB and all youre concerned about (or the #1 factor as it sounds) is streaming video in this equation, you bought the wrong device! Blackberry isnt a strong media device, shouldve researched before buying one.
    I agree, however... they market the Storm as an all around device, not just business. Yet the browser takes forever even with OS 5.0.0.328.
    11-13-09 12:32 PM
    That is a bad comparison but depending on what you really prefer, the iPhone is really different then any blackberry.
    11-13-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD