Here's an article in CNN today talking about Verizon getting ready for the iphone...now you don't have to accept the lagging OS 6, underperforming browser and being blocked by the Saudis...

Report suggests iPhone will launch on Verizon - CNN.com
    08-09-10 09:40 AM
    A CDMA iPhone wouldn't be locked by the Saudi's because you couldn't use it there.

This is still just a rumor though, we've heard this for years so it's a "believe it when I see it" type deal.

Besides, Verizon isn't the only CDMA carrier in the US and historically the two have reportedly have had a hard time coming to an agreement since both enjoy having a lot of control over their devices.
    08-09-10 09:51 AM
    Good news for my wife. She wants the iphone and her Storm contract ends in January. The stars have aligned.
    08-09-10 09:52 AM
    Good news for my wife. She wants the iphone and her Storm contract ends in January. The stars have aligned.

Me too.
    08-09-10 10:01 AM
    A CDMA iPhone wouldn't be locked by the Saudi's because you couldn't use it there.
    At least they have the sense not to use CDMA. It has a whole 522 million subscribers worldwide and is about as portable as a mountain when travelling. In other words, it's on the low end of the spectrum.

Besides, the actual phone calls aren't being blocked, just BB-specific services.
    08-09-10 10:04 AM
    When my AT&T contract is up...maybe. I'll believe it when I see it.

There has been so much bashing with Android/Verizon against Apple and the iPhone...
    Last edited by markhunsaker; 08-09-10 at 10:29 AM.
    08-09-10 10:27 AM
    When my AT&T contract is up...maybe. I'll believe it when I see it.

There has been so much bashing with Android/Verizon against Apple and the iPhone...
    Yeah but have you ever heard the saying "you're my enemy until you're my friend"?

Basically, you throw jabs at the player on the other team because you wish he was on your team. And when he joins, all the stuff from before doesn't even matter anymore.
    08-09-10 10:46 AM
    Hopefully it does become available the option to get an iPhone on more than one network is pretty sweet I have to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 11:16 AM
    Yay, more unconfirmed sources that are basically rumors. You do realize the article just states apple ordered cdma chips and that doesn't mean anything about for the states, it has been said time and time again china or japan is getting a cdma model which would easily be these chips. Like all of the other verizon/iphone rumors, believe it when it happens
    08-09-10 01:01 PM
    CNN is usually the last to get news lol.

Well we'll see I guess right? I am surprised that no prototype has leaked, no screen shots, printouts, letters, NOTHING.
    08-09-10 01:26 PM
    Yay, more unconfirmed sources that are basically rumors. You do realize the article just states apple ordered cdma chips and that doesn't mean anything about for the states, it has been said time and time again china or japan is getting a cdma model which would easily be these chips. Like all of the other verizon/iphone rumors, believe it when it happens
    A snip from the article that suggests that China may not be the intended user of these cdma chips...

You might also recall that AT&T dedicated a significant portion of its recent SEC filing to assurances that it would be a-okay without U.S. iPhone exclusivity, a probable sign that the carrier is expecting to lose said exclusivity before the original5-year deal runs its course.
    08-09-10 01:30 PM
    A snip from the article that suggests that China may not be the intended user of these cdma chips...
    thats just more speculation, that has nothing to do with the fact china/japan are already said to be getting the model. Everytime the media hears cdma they automatically pin it to the two us carriers and ignore the rest of the globe. I wouldn't hold my breath, apple notoriously announces new phones in june, if a model is coming out I'm willing to bet there won't be any announcement until then.
    08-09-10 01:39 PM
    MOAR heresay.
    08-09-10 01:44 PM
    Here we go again..Seeing is believing is right
    08-09-10 01:48 PM
    In the words of the great Yogi Berra-"I'll believe it when I believe it".
    08-09-10 01:54 PM
    Friday august 6th, AT&T filed papers with the sec taking about earnings. What's so important about this? In their filing AT&T starts to prepare investors for the end of the exclusive agreement with apple. Take this with a grain of salt, but it does say something.
    AT&T Acknowledging Coming End of iPhone Exclusivity? - MarketBeat - WSJ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 02:02 PM
    I just hope it isn't that ugly azz white one like in the picture! Would finally be able to get rid of the old 3G if this finally pans out (but not getting my hopes up). Oh yeah, I hope they fix the antenna issue too for the VZW version...lol!
    08-09-10 02:17 PM
    Lol. So there are still people out there that think Verizon will get the iphone huh? This is like the 20th rumor I have seen about Verizon getting the iPhone. Don't get your hopes up folks. Its not gonna happen.
    08-09-10 02:48 PM
    Is there even a CDMA/LTE combo chip available? If not, are they going to put out a CDMA phone right as VZW unveils their LTE network? Would make sense, since that will make it obsolete shortly and then require an upgrade.

I wonder if they could be making a CDMA-compatible iPad?
    08-09-10 03:26 PM
    It'd be funny as h e l l if all those CDMA chips went towards a Sprint iFone, while everyone is hoping for a VZW iFone. FUNNY-AS- H E L L

Who knows, maybe they ordered a million WiMax chips (to go with the CDMA chips) and no one knows about it?
    Last edited by opskmallory; 08-09-10 at 03:30 PM.
    08-09-10 03:26 PM
    Is there even a CDMA/LTE combo chip available? If not, are they going to put out a CDMA phone right as VZW unveils their LTE network? Would make sense, since that will make it obsolete shortly and then require an upgrade.

I wonder if they could be making a CDMA-compatible iPad?
    Keep in mind that LTE will be data only starting with data cards at first. We may not see phones with LTE until mid year or more. So, it is possible that they could produce a CDMA only phone. Normally I would say that developing a phone for a short life span seems like a waste of time and money, but I think we all know that everyone and their brother, aunt, uncle, worst enemy, whatever would buy an iPhone on Verizon no matter what and Apple would score a huge profit. Then in 6 months they would come out with the LTE version and everyone would upgrade and Apple would score again because it's the iPhone and nobody is going to be upset by this tactic.

Anyway, like most here, I'll believe it when either Verizon or Apple makes an official announcement.
    08-09-10 04:42 PM
    apple would be stupid not to, there are surveys out there and i believe the article even quoted one saying roughly half of verizon users would switch to iphone, and then hoardes of att users making the switch to verizon for the far better service. id probably make the switch also when my contract is up next august
    08-09-10 09:13 PM
    "SUGGESTS", nough said.
    08-10-10 10:35 AM
    CNN is usually the last to get news lol.

Well we'll see I guess right? I am surprised that no prototype has leaked, no screen shots, printouts, letters, NOTHING.
    It's Apple. It is very rare for something like that to happen.
    08-10-10 11:03 AM
    I hope Apple does include Verizon in January as another option (I won't switch as I like sim data/voice and faster speeds) but as a business move it will help them immensely. I also think they should only come out with an LTE version, as CDMA is outdated (worldwide).
    08-10-10 11:22 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD