When you dock the IPhone, can you set the clock to stay on the screen while charging?
    10-12-10 11:11 AM
    The lockscreen shuts off after a predetermined interval. There are however, many clock apps that you can set to constant on if you wish to use the iPhone as a night clock or something. There might be a way to do it with a jailbroken iPhone, but I'm not sure at the moment.
    10-12-10 11:19 AM
    I'm considering getting an IPhone4 when my BB contract expires in Dec. My wife and kids all have the 3GS, and they have been trying to get me to switch. I'm leaning in that direction, but just checking some of the features, and comparing. Thanks for the imput.
    10-12-10 11:36 AM
    I'm considering getting an IPhone4 when my BB contract expires in Dec. My wife and kids all have the 3GS, and they have been trying to get me to switch. I'm leaning in that direction, but just checking some of the features, and comparing. Thanks for the imput.
    If you get an i4, and everybody else has 3GS, they won't leave you alone. LOL
    10-12-10 12:03 PM
    grunt, I also switched from the 9000. The iPhone4 is a definite upgrade and well worth the switch. Just my opinion.
    10-12-10 12:25 PM
    I think your opinion is correct. My son, the Brighthouse techy, says the IPhone is 100% better that even the Torch. I talked to him about various apps, and he said when i get the phone i should "jailbreak" it, even though it voids the warranty. What the bleep is a jailbreak?
    10-12-10 07:08 PM
    I think your opinion is correct. My son, the Brighthouse techy, says the IPhone is 100% better that even the Torch. I talked to him about various apps, and he said when i get the phone i should "jailbreak" it, even though it voids the warranty. What the bleep is a jailbreak?
    Jailbreaking is a modification to iOS that allows the installation and running of apps from other than then App Store. It also allows root access to the iOS file system. It's similar to guys installing betas, non carrier approved, or hybrid firmware onto Blackberries except that it's much harder to do because of the need for an exploit in order to inject the necessary code into iOS.
    10-12-10 07:37 PM
    I think that i understand what you mean. If you equate it to the BB, i get a good idea what's going on. What about that warranty? Is it voided if the phone is jailbroken(is there such a word?). I won't be getting it until Dec., and i don't want to start off on the wrong foot.
    10-12-10 08:42 PM
    I think that i understand what you mean. If you equate it to the BB, i get a good idea what's going on. What about that warranty? Is it voided if the phone is jailbroken(is there such a word?). I won't be getting it until Dec., and i don't want to start off on the wrong foot.
    Yes, jailbreaking will void the warranty. Just restore the device back to normal before you return it.
    10-12-10 09:15 PM
    9 out of 10 iPhones I see with problems (we're in the business) are jailbroken.
    I'm not suggesting you don't do it. There are obviously advantages. Just a very relevant heads-up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 09:30 PM
    Won't even have the phone until Dec., and i don't plan on voiding the warranty. I've been playing around with my wife's 3GS, and the phone is good to go just the way it is. Wanted to keep the clock on when phone is being charged, but i'm sure there's an app for that in the app store. Can't wait to get this bad boy.
    10-12-10 10:18 PM
    I have to agree with the previous poster... I restored mine back to the original (it' works for me) no problems as is. Jailbreak OS was too unstable for a newbie such as myself.
    10-14-10 10:35 AM
    I have to agree with the previous poster... I restored mine back to the original (it' works for me) no problems as is. Jailbreak OS was too unstable for a newbie such as myself.
    Jailbreak itself shouldn't cause any additional instability. It's the stuff you install afterwards you have to be a bit careful about. There are certain advantages to having Apple vet all the apps in the App Store, checking for compatibility is one of them. Lot of apps on Cydia have yet to be updated to 4.0, let alone 4.1. If you use Winterboard, there are a lot of themes that will do a lot of bad things to your iPhone. You just have to pick and choose wisely.
    10-14-10 10:41 AM
    Yes, jailbreaking will void the warranty. Just restore the device back to normal before you return it.
    Not to be picky, but doesn't jailbreaking violate the terms of service as opposed to breaking the warranty?
    10-26-10 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD