I just picked up the iPhone 4 to replace my old 8gig 3G. I am wanting to sell my 3G, probably on craiglist, since I will not need it anymore. I'm just wondering how I can clear it off so it's like new before I sell it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 10:58 PM
    Restore it via iTunes as a new phone.

08-29-10 11:26 PM
    Also.
    Download iPhone explorer and delete any old registry files.
    If you've jailbroken at some point of course.

08-29-10 11:28 PM
    Just go to Itunes and do a hard reset on the phone. Next, get some rubbing alcohol and clean the screen and back. This will increase your chance of selling
    09-01-10 11:10 PM
    + 1 on using the iphone to wipe the entire device..
    when i sold my 3GS it took me 2 hours to do these..
    since the phone will be reset to factory setting...
    meaning the person who will buy it will need to re-register the iphone.
    so allow some time to do that..
    by the way i have the 16GB 3GS so maybe it's less than 2 hours in your case
    09-01-10 11:44 PM
    Going to iTunes to reset my 3GS will not affect my iPhone 4? I would like to sell my 3GS but I didn't know how to wipe it.

09-06-10 04:03 PM
    Going to iTunes to reset my 3GS will not affect my iPhone 4? I would like to sell my 3GS but I didn't know how to wipe it.

Nope. iTunes will recognize them as 2 different devices. Just do a restore and you're good to go.
    09-06-10 04:06 PM
    Hey thanks. Off topic what would one expect to get for a 3gs black 8gb(yes it is a 3gs) in 10/10 condition? I was planning on selling it but didn't know where to start.
    09-06-10 06:19 PM
    Hey thanks. Off topic what would one expect to get for a 3gs black 8gb(yes it is a 3gs) in 10/10 condition? I was planning on selling it but didn't know where to start.
    I sold a 3GS 16GB for 320 on eBay in very good condition. For 8GB you're most likely looking at 80-100 less than. You could put it on your local craigslist too for a quicker sale. Go on eBay and you can see what prices they have sold for to get a general idea. If you go craiglist, always list it about 50 bucks more than what you really want because people will come with lowball offers.
    09-06-10 06:26 PM
    There are several RESET options in general setup, including one for delete all content. I am thinking of using that option to clean off my iPod Touch before I give it away now that I have an iPhone.
    09-06-10 11:56 PM
    There are several RESET options in general setup, including one for delete all content. I am thinking of using that option to clean off my iPod Touch before I give it away now that I have an iPhone.
    That takes too long. I did that on a 3GS and it took 2 days for it to reset. I know that's not usual but I'm never doing that again. I kept thinking the thing was bricked. Normal reset in the settings takes a couple hours. Well it'll take like 10 minutes in iTunes.
    09-07-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD