View Poll Results: naked or cased?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • naked (screen protector is fine). little scratches on the back dont bother me.

12 37.50%
  • cased all the time. have to protect the resale value.

20 62.50%
    posted on hofo and macrumors. my last stop, crackberry hahaha. wanted to know how many of you guys on crackberry run naked or cased on your 3Gs.

vote plz!
    04-26-10 01:40 PM
    slips in my back pocket perfectly without a case, no desire here to add any bulk to my phone.
    04-26-10 03:29 PM
    slips in my back pocket perfectly without a case, no desire here to add any bulk to my phone.
    hahah so im guessing you dont care about light scratching on the back right?
    04-26-10 03:49 PM
    hahah so im guessing you dont care about light scratching on the back right?
    yeah, it happens with a case too, i've found, it's no biggie. i'm sure there's a rubbing compound out there to fix the small stuff like that too. the screen is perfect though, and that's all i care about.

the light scratches on the back didn't make a difference on my recycling of my original iphone and 3G model through nextworth, and I can't imagine it making any difference trading it to someone in person either, but your mileage may vary of course.
    04-26-10 03:55 PM
    No way always a case, especially being so close to the 4th gen, have to sell the 3GS off.
    04-26-10 04:23 PM
    I use the iSkin Solo case. Doesnt scratch the phone and as stuaw11 says, I will soon need to sell of my 3GS so I want to keep it in prime shape
    04-26-10 05:36 PM
    No option for the invisible shield. That's what I use and I really like it. I went with it because I was not able to find a case that I really liked.
    04-26-10 05:47 PM
    No option for the invisible shield. That's what I use and I really like it. I went with it because I was not able to find a case that I really liked.
    +1

invisible shield rocks
    04-26-10 05:48 PM
    Half the time commando, the other half with a "Barely There" CaseMate. The black
    one that looks "wet." Pretty nice case.
    04-26-10 07:18 PM
    I just use mine without a case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 07:29 PM
    I like the 'Barely There', albeit sometimes it feels a little slippery...

Currently using the Invisible Shield, installed by Best Buy

Half the time commando, the other half with a "Barely There" CaseMate. The black
    04-26-10 07:49 PM
    I like the 'Barely There', albeit sometimes it feels a little slippery...

Currently using the Invisible Shield, installed by Best Buy
    Very slippery! I have another one with a smooth back and I never use it. It's
    just way too slippery. The "wet look" one has a much better feel to it and
    hardly feels slippery. Check it out. Great texture.

Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Glossy Cases (Case-Mate IPH3GBTGL), Apple iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories | Case-mate
    04-26-10 07:52 PM
    so do you not care about light scruffs and only use the case when you go out drinking or stuff?
    04-26-10 08:24 PM
    so do you not care about light scruffs and only use the case when you go out drinking or stuff?
    I don't care really about scruffs. I don't even use a screen protector either. Don't like the way it looks on the screen. I pretty much use the case when I'm @ the gym. Other than that, always commando.

04-26-10 09:06 PM
    The phone is so cool naked but you always need to worry bout scratching it so I end up putting it in one of those ridiculous hard plastic cases.
    I have a whole bunch and IMO they all look crappy compared to bareback.
    I wish they had some little sleeve kinda berry style pouch like I have for my 9700 and I had for my 8900 and 8320 before that. I find that that way, your unit is protected when it's lying around but in full slick effect in your hand while using it.

04-26-10 10:12 PM
    I currently use the Seidio Spring-Clip Holster and clear-coat scratch protection skin (screen and back protection). Carrying the device in an open holster, I need some protection, so decided to throw a skin on it. Before that set-up, I carried my iPhone around naked in a leather holster.
    04-27-10 04:21 AM
    I have an expensive screen shield and an Slim Incipio case.

That just about covers it.....
    04-27-10 05:29 AM
    Covered from head to toe. Privacy screen, and hard case. I cannot stand any scratches of any type.
    04-27-10 06:34 PM
    Otterbox Defender. Hands down. Had 10292902 different other cases and I will not ever keep my 3Gs in anything different. And, Mine is the white rubber with the black plastic. Looks great. I always have it out at my Frat House during parties and I have to keep it protected from "accidental" spills. Of water of course.
    04-27-10 07:12 PM
    Agent 18 Slim ClearShield and invisibleSHIELD.
    04-30-10 08:29 PM
    Naked most of the time because I baby it - hardly any scratches at all.

Cased by several Incase Sliders whenever it does actually have a case.
    04-30-10 10:38 PM
    Naked most of the time because I baby it - hardly any scratches at all.

Cased by several Incase Sliders whenever it does actually have a case.
    04-30-10 10:39 PM
    I dropped mine on the hardwood floor a couple of nights ago. I'm so glad it was in a case! Mine is by Incase. It's clear and just snaps on. Protects the back and corners but the phone still looks nice.

04-30-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD