I have had pretty good coverage with my 3G iphone pretty much everywhere I have traveled with it. Like the person who posted before me said, I have had a couple of dropped calls with it over the last 18 months, but I have also had some dropped calls with my work phone on Verizon.
    05-25-10 10:38 AM
    Sorry for your bind of a situation op the peace of **** storm does suck though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 10:45 AM
    I travel an average of two weeks out of each month with a (upgraded from my 8530 as of yesterday) Verizon 9630 and my personal AT&T 9700. Outside of the DC underground, there isn't a penny's worth of difference between the two companies.
    I live in the DMV also. I was telling someone this the same thing for our area.
    05-25-10 11:32 AM
    I do great with AT&T here in Denver. Sure, I've lost a few calls in the past couple years, but I lost a few with Verizon too. Life went on...
    LOL - love it and it's so true.
    05-25-10 11:34 AM
    I dont know where you live but Im in NE FL and I can say AT&T has gotten much better in the past 2 years. I can now say its pretty good, but still not on par with Verizon. The problem still lies with signal penetration (GSM issue not AT&T) so if you are deep inside of a building the signal degrades and alot of times is non existent. Another thing is when traveling on the road, AT&T still doesnt have 3G in alot of areas so if youre using Googlemaps or other non locally stored mapping program say bye bye. Also there are more deadspots in coverage. I must say that I would much rather have the ability to use a SIM card and hot swap phones. Thats one area of CDMA that I hate. If I go to the beach or on the boat I dont want my $600 smartphone with me and would rather switch to a cheap flip phone.

I am hoping that when AT&T and Verizon are 100% on LTE that they have almost the same coverage and maybe even have roaming agreements. That will be a huge win for us.
    I actually took some of these into consideration when I was deciding to go to Verizon for the Droid or AT&T for the iPhone. I have great coverage with both in my area but Verizon's coverage and network reliability can't be beat right now.
    05-25-10 02:37 PM
    I've had every single iPhone and used to be die-hard AT&T. I honestly believe its more of the phones fault for dropping calls and poor service. None of my other phones had any issues now that I think about it.
    05-25-10 04:57 PM
    Thanks. True true. But this message board is usually on point with things, but in the end I do check things out for myself.

Its all about location. Usually the heavy congested cities like SF/NY/LA have the bigger problems with dropped calls. While more urban areas have less troubles.
    05-25-10 11:05 PM
    Got me thinking now about that iphone, but on at&t. Wonder if its cheaper. Will check it out.

05-26-10 12:06 PM
    Its all about location. Usually the heavy congested cities like SF/NY/LA have the bigger problems with dropped calls. While more urban areas have less troubles.

Not even there! I just got back from L.A. and went to NY not long ago, and I had the same coverage on both phones. Haven't been back in SF this year yet, but last year I had no problems. In the underground parking lot of our L.A. building both phones drop.
    Honestly, I call bs on the whole bad-AT&T-coverage-because-I'm-in-bed-with-Verizon thing....
    05-26-10 03:05 PM
    Not even there! I just got back from L.A. and went to NY not long ago, and I had the same coverage on both phones. Haven't been back in SF this year yet, but last year I had no problems. In the underground parking lot of our L.A. building both phones drop.
    Honestly, I call bs on the whole bad-AT&T-coverage-because-I'm-in-bed-with-Verizon thing....
    I have to disagree with the New York Statement. I'm in the city all the time and it hasn't changed much. Friends often can't look stuff up on maps because the 3G is so slow and congested so I end up using my berry.

When it works though, it works damn good. I will say that.
    05-27-10 09:03 AM
    I have to disagree with the New York Statement. I'm in the city all the time and it hasn't changed much. Friends often can't look stuff up on maps because the 3G is so slow and congested so I end up using my berry.

When it works though, it works damn good. I will say that.
    Well, I was using two berries. I'm usually from 54th down to the Battery. Very rarely do I go north of 54th. I do go to the Park, but that's only just to unwind after work and watch New Yorkers being New Yorkers, which is fascinating. I love the city and its people.
    No problems with either phone.
    05-28-10 02:51 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD