Hi.

I have a Blackberry Storm (work phone) and an iPhone 3GS. I hate my Storm with a passion and want to destroy it but Verizon's service is very good. While I love my iPhone, I feel like it would be a lot better on Verizon. I have 5 bars of service in my house which is great but when I start heading just a few miles towards work I'm usually stuck below 3 bars. When I'm in the office my iPhone literally never goes above two bars whereas my piece of **** Storm gets full bars.

That's my rant but I still like my iPhone. I just hope Verizon gets it later this year like some of the reps are saying.

hb
    05-14-10 11:03 AM
    Yeah well keep hoping, it looks like VZW will have to wait until 2011-12 before they see the iPhone. Reps don't know jack, even the Apple store reps are not allowed to talk about the next gen iPhone so there is no way that any VZW rep knows anything.
    05-14-10 08:41 PM
    there aint NO WAY a vzw rep told u that..lol seriously, if they did do not believe them. sounds like they was just telling you anything...
    05-14-10 10:23 PM
    Reps are always telling people a whole bunch of bull from rumors they heard or just totally false information.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 12:49 AM
    if you talk to a rep, just know that you have better information then they do. unless something is in the system they know nothing; and if it's in the system we already know about it
    Trust only Apple comments or you risk being part of yet another fake rumor. Remember, a lot of real leaked information withholds valuable information which could completely nullify the story they spread. Much like the cdma one; The media said apple was working on a cdma phone and all of the sudden it was for verizon. The part that is left out is which country the cdma model is for, now your heckled when you say this because wall street journal says otherwise and ofcourse they are journalist and they are never, ever wrong.
    05-15-10 07:30 AM
    Yah seriously my cat has better knowledge of when Verizon will be releasing an iPhone.

Besides, it's the phone, not the network that is causing the issue. So good luck with your Verizon iPhone.
    05-17-10 10:36 AM
    Yah seriously my cat has better knowledge of when Verizon will be releasing an iPhone.

Besides, it's the phone, not the network that is causing the issue. So good luck with your Verizon iPhone.
    no it is the network.....
    05-17-10 11:58 AM
    Why is it none of my other devices drop calls? I go to the same areas, same places, same stores, my iPhone is the only phone that ever drops a call, even then it's gotten a lot better as of late.

Explain that....
    05-17-10 12:17 PM
    3G...as apposed to Edge. iPhone is data hog for network, overload network it will start dumping calls. Also Edge has a larger coverage than 3G.
    05-17-10 12:22 PM
    Was that for me? All my phones are running on 3G.
    Last edited by Totalimmortal363; 05-18-10 at 11:03 AM.
    05-17-10 12:35 PM
    3G...as apposed to Edge. iPhone is data hog for network, overload network it will start dumping calls. Also Edge has a larger coverage than 3G.
    That is not correct. The iPhone itself is not what is causing the issues. What is causing the issues with the 3G is that the ATT 3G network is not up to par yet. Yes the iPhone has been a major part of that, but so have the 3G Blackberrys that are constantly running data apps in the BG as opposed the iPhone that is only running a data app when the app is open.
    05-17-10 03:28 PM
    Analysts and bloggers have been teasing about a Verizon iPhone since launch, and I highly doubt it's going to happen until Verizon is on a full LTE network that can handle simultaneous voice calls and data.
    05-17-10 07:12 PM
    That is not correct. The iPhone itself is not what is causing the issues. What is causing the issues with the 3G is that the ATT 3G network is not up to par yet. Yes the iPhone has been a major part of that, but so have the 3G Blackberrys that are constantly running data apps in the BG as opposed the iPhone that is only running a data app when the app is open.

So an iPhone that drops a call in the same spot other phones don't, thats not a phone issue. Literally side by side at the same time, one cant and the other can. That's not a phone issue?
    05-18-10 11:05 AM
    So an iPhone that drops a call in the same spot other phones don't, thats not a phone issue. Literally side by side at the same time, one cant and the other can. That's not a phone issue?

The true test would be different phones on the same network. If they both drop the calls, network issue. If one does, the other does not, more likely a device issue.

BB user here, with plenty of iPhone friends who hate ATT, that's their beef. VZN has been fine for me thus far.
    05-20-10 05:38 AM
    Maybe a faulty device. I had no issues whatsoever with dropped called i the 11 months i have had my 3GS
    05-20-10 04:10 PM
    The true test would be different phones on the same network. If they both drop the calls, network issue. If one does, the other does not, more likely a device issue.

BB user here, with plenty of iPhone friends who hate ATT, that's their beef. VZN has been fine for me thus far.
    This is why I am now with Sprint. Loved the Iphone, hate AT&T service. Couldn't handle the constant dropped calls. I've had the BB Tour for almost 2 weeks now and not one dropped call. With AT&T would have had at least 10.
    05-20-10 08:54 PM
    This is why I am now with Sprint. Loved the Iphone, hate AT&T service. Couldn't handle the constant dropped calls. I've had the BB Tour for almost 2 weeks now and not one dropped call. With AT&T would have had at least 10.
    it's all about location. I had nextel right when the merger happened with sprint and had the best iden they had at the time; the thing dropped calls almost constantly. Everytime I passed a specific place in wall NJ you would hear the phone beeping when it received a signal and there was no signal in Jackson nj. Not sure how much better sprint are now that they are merged but my friend has the instinct and blames his phone for the dropped calls but I doubt thats the case
    05-21-10 08:03 AM
    Glad I came here, I was thinking of jumping from VZ to AT&T, but I guess not. I need my calls. bummer

05-24-10 10:12 PM
    Glad I came here, I was thinking of jumping from VZ to AT&T, but I guess not. I need my calls. bummer

Just because a few people say its so doesnt make it so. This is what 50 out of 80 million?

For every bad story about ATT here, there is one person who has no issues. I have no issues personally with my service quality on ATT.

Try it yourself, thats the only true test, not just listen to what others say
    05-24-10 10:26 PM
    Thanks. True true. But this message board is usually on point with things, but in the end I do check things out for myself.

05-24-10 11:00 PM
    True but online people can be blow hards too and exaggerate one little problem into the end of all life. Some just like to bash things because they do. Not always the most accurate info.
    05-24-10 11:33 PM
    Exactly. I mean, I have trouble with AT&T sometimes, but they're not as bad as everybody says they are.

05-25-10 01:26 AM
    I dont know where you live but Im in NE FL and I can say AT&T has gotten much better in the past 2 years. I can now say its pretty good, but still not on par with Verizon. The problem still lies with signal penetration (GSM issue not AT&T) so if you are deep inside of a building the signal degrades and alot of times is non existent. Another thing is when traveling on the road, AT&T still doesnt have 3G in alot of areas so if youre using Googlemaps or other non locally stored mapping program say bye bye. Also there are more deadspots in coverage. I must say that I would much rather have the ability to use a SIM card and hot swap phones. Thats one area of CDMA that I hate. If I go to the beach or on the boat I dont want my $600 smartphone with me and would rather switch to a cheap flip phone.

I am hoping that when AT&T and Verizon are 100% on LTE that they have almost the same coverage and maybe even have roaming agreements. That will be a huge win for us.
    05-25-10 07:09 AM
    I travel an average of two weeks out of each month with a (upgraded from my 8530 as of yesterday) Verizon 9630 and my personal AT&T 9700. Outside of the DC underground, there isn't a penny's worth of difference between the two companies.
    05-25-10 09:36 AM
    I do great with AT&T here in Denver. Sure, I've lost a few calls in the past couple years, but I lost a few with Verizon too. Life went on...
    05-25-10 09:52 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD