No matter how much dirt is thrown on the iPad and people yell how it's worthless, they can't stop millions of people from loving this thing.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/03...ads-in-12-hrs/

?
    03-19-12 03:59 PM
    3 million since Friday is pretty solid. Other tablets pale in comparison.
    03-19-12 09:22 PM
    You are right. It must be wonderfull, so many people have it. But then again so is herpes I guess
    Last edited by canuck_67; 03-19-12 at 09:28 PM.
    03-19-12 09:26 PM
    You are right. It must be wonderfull, so many people have it. But then again so is herpes I guess
    People pay premium prices for herpes?

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    03-19-12 10:05 PM
    lol that's really funny.
    03-19-12 11:03 PM
    People pay premium prices for herpes?
    Some do I'm sure.
    03-20-12 05:35 AM
    Some of the people on this forum are ridiculous. Crapping all over Apple's success to feel better about RIM's failure. So childish.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    03-20-12 05:55 AM
    Saw this article on Twitter regarding Apple's Fifth Avenue store in NYC:

“Here’s what we’re hearing: within the first 12 hours of the iPad’s launch — between 8AM and 8PM local time — the store sold over 13,000 new iPads, an average of about 18 per minute. Daily store revenue, which typically falls between $700,000 to $1 million this quarter, was up to $11.5 million on launch day. “
    $11.5 million from one store, on one day.
    03-20-12 06:03 AM
    I'm cracking up at the herpes comment; priceless...

Anyway, in other news. I'm a gadget person, and try not to comment on a particular gadget till I've tried it\tested it. This is probably why I have so many\used so many gadgets. The iPad is truly a gadget changer, period. Yes, I know the BlackBerry Playbook is supposed to be good (yes, I've tried it, and even owned one for a while), but it simply doesn't compare to the iPad (any version), period...

I'm not going to get into statistics between various 'tablet' devices because currently this is a moot point...
    03-20-12 07:08 AM
    ^^ Its a fair opinion, but don't speak for everyone, pal!

Yeah the herpes commeng WAS funny lol!
    03-20-12 08:55 AM
    This is a sincere question: what is everyone doing with these things? Where I work, I had to get an iphone in order to support them. Fine. I have issues with it, but it's mostly functional. Now various people want to get iPad's for "work." I ask them what they will use them for/run on them, because they really aren't a replacement for a laptop as far as running our software, and they can't answer--they just want one and are convinced they can use it for work somehow. So I'm curious: what does everyone do with these things, particularly in a business setting?

I should probably start a separate thread for this, but it seems to fit ok with the general topic of this one.

TIA.
    03-20-12 09:00 AM
    Haha. You sound as though you are speaking from experience.
    03-20-12 09:32 AM
    Start a fire with it? Seriously tho the mill has been turn over some interesting heating issues with the new vs the Ipad2.

Tablets are game devices for adults, think game boy without getting the funny looks. At least from my viewing of the usage. Doesnt seem to matter who makes it, it seems more entertainment devices then work related, not that it can't or isn't used for work. Same can be said for the millions upon millions of PCs.

If you hand people a tablet (and nothing else) and tell them to do there job, they will work it out.
    03-20-12 09:36 AM
    Apple is definitely doing something right......you don't become a multi billion dollar company by accident
    03-20-12 10:02 AM
    This is a sincere question: what is everyone doing with these things? Where I work, I had to get an iphone in order to support them. Fine. I have issues with it, but it's mostly functional. Now various people want to get iPad's for "work." I ask them what they will use them for/run on them, because they really aren't a replacement for a laptop as far as running our software, and they can't answer--they just want one and are convinced they can use it for work somehow. So I'm curious: what does everyone do with these things, particularly in a business setting?

I should probably start a separate thread for this, but it seems to fit ok with the general topic of this one.

TIA.
    I would like to know the same thing. I work from home and am replacing older electronics for new with a smaller footprint. My desktop has been replaced with a laptop. And so in lieu of a laptop for a second/backup/portable device I've been looking at tablets. Yes, I'm intrigued by the iPad (but won't rule out other brands). Maybe a separate thread would be good?
    03-20-12 10:39 AM
    I don't own a tablet because I don't have use for one. I have a great laptop at home and my iPhone for travel, daily use, etc and was given a Kindle Fire for Christmas from my in-laws. I only want an iPad to use as an extension of my iPhone. If I had an iPad, I probably wouldn't need my laptop, except for the fact that I like to play The Sims 3 on my laptop (which I can't do on an iPad).

As far as the Kindle Fire goes, I use it strictly for reading books and magazines. I really do not like the browser or the app selection. It's slow and a little clunky. It's a great reading device, but tablet? I'd rather have an iPad if we're talking strictly tablets.
    03-20-12 12:01 PM
    I have an iPad II, do I NEED one, no. I'm a desktop guy, through and through. But, often I sit on the sofa and browse forums and the likes, that's when my iPad II comes into its own.
    03-20-12 12:15 PM
    I appreciate the replies. So far, it's what I suspected: it's a great device for personal use and consuming media (much like the iphone), but in a business setting--not so much, unless your business develops its own apps for a specific purpose (not that I'll be able to convince some people around here of that BEFORE we spend the money )
    03-20-12 01:43 PM
    I also heard that at the rate they are selling new iPads, it will take only 17 more days to outsell all Android tablet EVER.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    phonejunky likes this.
    03-20-12 02:23 PM
    I'm a Network Admin, and I can connect with my iPad to VPN, and remote control any server at work...

Do I want to do this?

Nope! I bought my iPad for me, not work. Albeit, yes the device would work pretty well within a business environment. I'm sure one would need to buy a few apps, like iTap RDP
    03-20-12 02:37 PM
    Don't tell me this "success" has anything to do with the product. I imagine most of the people queuing up already have an iPad and as I understand, the new model is not much different. So my hat to Apple for creating this feeding frenzy. But there will be a cold day in before I join that horde.
    03-20-12 02:45 PM
    I appreciate the replies. So far, it's what I suspected: it's a great device for personal use and consuming media (much like the iphone), but in a business setting--not so much, unless your business develops its own apps for a specific purpose (not that I'll be able to convince some people around here of that BEFORE we spend the money )
    The iPad business apps are exponentially better than the PlayBooks, and it's not even close.
    03-20-12 02:49 PM
    Don't tell me this "success" has anything to do with the product. I imagine most of the people queuing up already have an iPad and as I understand, the new model is not much different. So my hat to Apple for creating this feeding frenzy. But there will be a cold day in before I join that horde.
    When you make good products, consumers will want them and pay a premium. Supply and demand 101
    03-20-12 02:49 PM
    A bit basic. I think here religious marketing is what is being applied.
    03-20-12 02:53 PM
    A bit basic. I think here religious marketing is what is being applied.
    If that were the case, that Apple has "religious marketing", why do some products sell so well (iPad, iPhone), while others don't (Apple TV, Mac OS)?
    03-20-12 03:10 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD