Well I can... and I did... using BlackRa1n.
    But whenever I install something through Cydia that requires a reboot the damn thing gets stuck in restore mode (Shows the symbol to hookup with iTunes) and I HAVE to restore it in order to use my phone.
    So what gives???? I've tried rebooting my device when it gave me that and again after the little apple symbol it gives me that :/
    12-02-09 11:41 AM
    Well I can... and I did... using BlackRa1n.
    But whenever I install something through Cydia that requires a reboot the damn thing gets stuck in restore mode (Shows the symbol to hookup with iTunes) and I HAVE to restore it in order to use my phone.
    So what gives???? I've tried rebooting my device when it gave me that and again after the little apple symbol it gives me that :/
    Are you using 3G or 3GS? I had the same issue with my wife's 3G but not on my 3GS. Are you on the correct baseband for that particular jailbreak?
    12-02-09 12:11 PM
    i used blackra1n and work great
    12-02-09 03:08 PM
    Yup. If you bought a new 3GS, it will not work due to the new boot rom they put on the phone. If anything requires a restart of the phone, you will have to run blackra1n again to get the phone out of DFU mode.
    12-02-09 04:30 PM
    Look in this thread that gives a detailed explanation on serial numbers.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...wn-iphone.html
    12-02-09 05:39 PM
    Did you try running blackra1n again or just using Rock?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 11:12 PM
    Did you try running blackra1n again or just using Rock?

does rock make a difference ?
    12-03-09 06:00 PM
    The issue is that blackra1n and the jailbreak is wiped from the phone if it is rebooted
    or shut off.
    12-03-09 06:10 PM
    does rock make a difference ?
    Blackra1n jalibreaks, Rock is an apps installer they are two completely different things.
    12-03-09 06:46 PM
    The issue is that blackra1n and the jailbreak is wiped from the phone if it is rebooted
    or shut off.
    That's not true. You don't loose all your data at all. You just have yo re-run blackra1n everytime your phone reboots.
    12-03-09 08:39 PM
    That's not true. You don't loose all your data at all. You just have yo re-run blackra1n everytime your phone reboots.
    If you turn the phone back on without a tethered jailbreak what would happen?

12-03-09 08:57 PM
    It wouldn't work. You have to run blackra1n again, or else the phone will be stuck in dfu mode forever. I racked my brain over this for a bit, but these were my findings.
    12-03-09 09:18 PM
    Wow I didn't know that. So basically you can only run a tethered jailbreak or do a vanilla restore. Thanks for the info.

12-03-09 11:50 PM
    Yeah no worries. It took me forever to find it out. I hope someone is working on a new jailbreak for the new bootrom.
    12-04-09 05:28 AM
    So basically after it goes into dfu mode I have to re jailbreak and pretty much loose my current jailbreak? Or will the app I installedthrough cydia (backrounder) still be there?

12-04-09 08:00 AM
    After it goes into DFU mode and you run blackra1n again, everything remains the same. All apps, contacts, email settings stay the same. If your phone boots randomly and you're not near a computer, you're SOL. You might want to keep that in mind as well.
    12-04-09 09:01 AM
    I had these same questions....How often does an Iphone reset/reboot? For people that have a tethered jailbreak, is this a pain in the a$$? Thanks, Jeff
    12-04-09 09:44 AM
    Dang. Guess I'm carrying my laptop around with me. The only reason I got the 3gs was for jailbreaking it like my 3g. I'll look into it some more.
    So the app that was installed through cydia which requested the reboot will function normally after I use blackrain again?

12-04-09 10:50 AM
    In short yes it will. I had all the goodies when I jailbroke my iPhone. Backgrounder, sbsettings, winterboard and all that good stuff. All worked flawlessly.
    12-04-09 08:06 PM
    Yeah I got it all working. I just have to re BlackRa1n each time it reboots.
    Also its tethered so I can't let me phone die lol
    12-04-09 08:47 PM
    not going to start a new thread but i ahve a question.. first time unlocking an iphone
    i am getting a used iphone, do i format it then update the newest OS, then unlock it with Black Ra1n? im assuming thats the best unlocker.

I also have the blackberry data plan will it work?

Carrier: T Mob

sorry ill search later, but if someone guides me to a thread/forum will be appreciated

thanks
    12-07-09 11:21 PM
    Oh and an update for this thread. For some unknown reason, my 44th week production iPhone works flawlessly with blackra1n, but my 42nd week iPhone wouldn't work at all. Strangest thing. But just an update for you guys.
    12-07-09 11:34 PM
    whats the difference between black rain and ultra snow? or it doesnt matter? my 3g was unlocked with ultrasnow
    12-08-09 01:22 AM
    so is this problem with the if the phone reboots you have to go back to a pc only on the S i have a 3g8gig.. whats the best jailbreak that is the most consistant?

also im brand new to iphones so what are the security percuations? will i tunes brick my phone.. do i need to set up itunes in a certain way? just say no to all updates? i just wanna be sure im doing this right.. thanks
    12-12-09 08:52 AM
    If you have a 3G, then you only have to jailbreak it once. The problem is on the 3GS. And I tunes won't brick your phone. I would first let the itunes update your phone then do the jailbreak.

so is this problem with the if the phone reboots you have to go back to a pc only on the S i have a 3g8gig.. whats the best jailbreak that is the most consistant?

also im brand new to iphones so what are the security percuations? will i tunes brick my phone.. do i need to set up itunes in a certain way? just say no to all updates? i just wanna be sure im doing this right.. thanks
    12-17-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD