I'm trying to import my new pics from my phone to my computer. Always before, when I would plug my phone in to my laptop, the dialog box would automatically come up and ask me if I wanted to import or not. Now that I have some new pics and an ready to import, the dialog box doesn't come up nor can I figure out how to bring it up. Anyone else ever have this issue? If so, how did you get the option to import?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.
    10-19-09 10:11 PM
    hmmm, you might try a different usb port. when it used to pop up, did you ever check off the box that said do this every time? that could be why its not showing anymore. curious.
    10-19-09 10:23 PM
    I've tried different ports with no success. I had it set to "always ask". Any other ideas??
    10-19-09 10:54 PM
    I've tried different ports with no success. I had it set to "always ask". Any other ideas??
    Have you gone to "My Computer"? It should be there. If it's not, just delete
    the driver and re-install it through the control panel.
    10-20-09 11:49 AM
    Hmmm. I've never uninstalled/reinstalled this type of thing. How do I do it??
    10-20-09 11:53 AM
    Control Panel>Hardware/Sound>Device Manager....

on the left side of the window at the very bottom you'll see "Universal Bus
    Controllers." Have the phone plugged in the USB and it should show under
    there. Uninstall that driver. Now highlight "Universal Bus Controllers", right click
    it and "Scan For Hardware"

All this while the phone is plugged in to the USB
    10-20-09 11:57 AM
    the reAson your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone as a camera is because in the bunch of pictures u have that you want to download there are pics that don't belong there. I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it. go to your camera roll and get rid of any pics other than ones you actually took with the iPhone. screen captures, saved email pics and whatnot. make sure that the only pics that are there are ones you actually took with the iPhone. I know it sounds crazy but there is a bug with the iPhones os that won't allow certain programs to recognize the iPhone as a camera that should. if you don't want to lose these other pics just email them to yourself. oh yah I forgot even the pics that you resized and took screenshots with erase or email them to yourself as well. when you are done doing all that open your image capture software or whatever software you usually use to download pics from a camera to your computer and it'll recognize your iPhone as a camera and you should be able to download them to your computer.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by onlyoneromeo; 10-27-09 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typos
    10-27-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD