I have an iPhone with data plan, and I just started a new job where I will need to be supporting people with blackberries so I want to get one to know what Im doing. I was thinking about buying an unlocked Bold, but I see that with an iPhone sim it seems that only voice will work for making calls. This is perfectly fine if I am able to use Wifi for all my data needs, aka using the App World or whatever its called, setting up exchange and going online and using apps. I cannot find a straight answer anywhere on whether its possible to do those 4 things using wifi only since I will have an iPhone data plan that would only give me voice on an unlocked BB. If anyone knows the definitive answer to this because they have done it please let me know, everywhere I go I have wifi so I wouldnt care if i dont have 3g.

Thanks for your help!
    03-20-10 11:26 AM
    Switch to the BB data plan and configure your iPhone to run on that, link is at the top of the forum.
    03-20-10 11:55 AM
    I know I can do it that way, but I dont want to start a new contract with ATT. Is it possible to just switch without starting new? If so I would definitely be ok with that since my iPhone is jailbroken anyway.
    03-20-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD