My phone syncs at my office. My wife's phone syncs to our home computer. Neither of our phones is jailbroken.

Someone told me that I could load apps she had purchased onto my phone by plugging my phone into her computer. But when I tried that, it said in order to sync apps it would erase all the apps on my phone. Am I doing it wrong, or is there no way to do it? Thanks!
    10-29-09 09:37 PM
    dont think its possible without jailbreak.
    10-29-09 11:16 PM
    sure can... all you have to do is have the same iTunes account logged in to, both also being authorized.
    10-29-09 11:20 PM
    The iPhone links to iTunes, so whatever you have on your iTunes will be synced to your iPhone. But, if you use someone else's iTunes it will erase your info and place in that iTune's info.
    10-30-09 09:17 AM
    Do what Duvi said..... you need to sign into the same iTunes account on your phone. Once you do that you should be good to go. I did it not too long ago to get some apps on my wife's phone.
    10-30-09 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the responses! Just to confirm: I sign out of iTunes on my phone and sign into my wife's account. Then I sync with her iTunes and add the apps I want. Now I can resign into my own iTunes account and both our sets of apps will be on my phone?

If it works that way, wouldn't that allow anyone to get free apps from their friends by doing this procedure?
    10-30-09 01:33 PM
    I think the easiest procedure is to re-download through the App Store on your iPhone when signed into the account that has the app you want. You can re-download at no charge... it will seem as though you're paying it, but will say it's free because it was downloaded.

**caution** you must ensure you are logged into the right account. You can test it out with a .99 app to ensure it works, but one of my good friends got a twitter app and BeeJiveIM from me... she also uses her own iTunes account as well.
    10-30-09 05:28 PM
    I think the easiest procedure is to re-download through the App Store on your iPhone when signed into the account that has the app you want. You can re-download at no charge... it will seem as though you're paying it, but will say it's free because it was downloaded.

**caution** you must ensure you are logged into the right account. You can test it out with a .99 app to ensure it works, but one of my good friends got a twitter app and BeeJiveIM from me... she also uses her own iTunes account as well.
    Oh it works fine. You can even sync those apps to your computer once they are on your iphone. The weirdness comes in when there is an update to the app(s). App center on your iphone will show the update but it asks for the password of the original purchasing itunes account when it attempts to download. Your computer wont even show the update unless you are signed into the proper itunes account.
    10-30-09 07:43 PM
    Oh it works fine. You can even sync those apps to your computer once they are on your iphone. The weirdness comes in when there is an update to the app(s). App center on your iphone will show the update but it asks for the password of the original purchasing itunes account when it attempts to download. Your computer wont even show the update unless you are signed into the proper itunes account.
    Good to know. I didn't.
    10-30-09 09:18 PM
    You can also simply drag the icons from her account to the desktop. When you log her out and log in, just drag the icon back into your app section and sync. This works for all apps as long as they are not authorized on 5 machines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 07:42 AM
    wow.Thanks for sharing
    11-01-09 12:02 PM
    not possible through legal means
    11-02-09 01:05 PM
    not possible through legal means
    Incorrect.
    11-02-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD