I double click the home button in order to see my multitasking bar and there is a ton of things open. Basically everything I've ever clicked. How do you CLOSE a program/app? I haven't come across any logout/close options in the apps.

Is this how iOS is designed? Is my system getting bogged down by "open" apps?
    04-01-11 08:46 PM
    Hold down an app in the bar and they'll all start jiggling. Each of them will have a red sign on them to kill the app.
    Mr. Marco likes this.
    04-01-11 08:55 PM
    Thanks! You are most kind and helpful.
    04-01-11 09:01 PM
    I really wouldn't worry about your iPhone getting bogged down. I have a ton of apps running and I'm good. Haven't lagged at all yet with this device.
    04-01-11 09:01 PM
    It never boggs down but it's not real multitasking either. Anyhow.... multitask multishmax, the phone works great. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 11:27 PM
    Think of that double click menu more as a fast app switcher.
    Apps are there in a 'saved' state. They are not consuming system energy.
    Unless one of them was downloading a file or something, in which case it will finish downloading, then go into hibernation until you call it up again.

Update: Ignore what I just said. Civic explains it in detail and with far more accuracy below.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 04-02-11 at 07:14 PM.
    04-02-11 03:34 PM
    It never boggs down but it's not real multitasking either. Anyhow.... multitask multishmax, the phone works great. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It really should be called Dynamic Multitasking because via specific API calls, each app running in the background has control over just what it needs to still function (if the developer wrote it to no suspend while in the background). The cool part is that streaming apps can still stream in the background, while not killing bandwidth and battery pulling any other info (like stream info, etc.) When brought back into the foreground, the app updates the suspended info as needed. Other apps like GPS also don't poll the GPS constantly while in the background and kill your battery. They remain in a saved-state until you foreground them, then they quickly poll and update... happens pretty quick too. Honestly, it really is a slightly better way to do it because it doesn't kill unnecessary resources when not needed. But that's just my opinion. As long as you're not limited on which API calls you can make to do things, it should be much better. I think people gripe because there are some API limitations that Apple won't open up.
    04-02-11 05:58 PM
    I really wouldn't worry about your iPhone getting bogged down. I have a ton of apps running and I'm good. Haven't lagged at all yet with this device.
    same...a week ago was probably the 2nd time i ever closed all the apps out... took about a minute and a half (because of how many apps). lol.

i never feel it is moving slow or being bogged down.
    04-02-11 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD