Before i buy one, can it do these things?

Allows videos to be set as ringtones for individual contacts?

Allows the creation of separate folders, and has the option to hide or password protect them, but still allows the password protected items to be assigned or used (ex. video or mp3 ringtones)
    02-23-09 08:05 PM
    I will say no (out the box), but with jailbreaking this may be possible, hopefully Bad Ash can chime in or visit TiPb.com
    02-23-09 08:16 PM
    I will say no (out the box), but with jailbreaking this may be possible, hopefully Bad Ash can chime in or visit TiPb.com
    I am thinking the answer is no also but Bad Ash will probably know.
    02-23-09 08:31 PM
    out of the box no. If you jailbreak it you can install the app that will let you do this.
    02-23-09 10:33 PM
    Like mentioned above none of that can be done out of the box. Jailbreaking would be a must and even then it's not all possible.

Videos for ring tones - not that I am aware of as I've never been interested in looking into that.

As far as folders - if you mean folders on the home screen to store something like games - yes. You can do that. You can not store things such as music or video files in them though.

Things are always improving in the Jailbreak scene so you never know what is around the corner.
    02-23-09 10:47 PM
    There is an app after you jailbreak that allows for video ringtones. I remember seeing it several times in Cydia, but I forget the name.
    02-24-09 02:29 AM
    There is an app after you jailbreak that allows for video ringtones. I remember seeing it several times in Cydia, but I forget the name.
    interesting, I haven't seen it..

there are so many things in Cydia that it is about impossible to know all of'em

but I'm not complaining! - a jailbroken iPhone is unreal
    02-24-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD