Hi,

I can't seem to find info on this, but I'm sure I'm not the first person to bring this up.

I have a bold on an enterprise server. My wife needs a new phone, but really wants an iPhone. From my tests with friends, they can't do anything with a calendar request that I send from my phone, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't work the other way either.

Is there anything out there (ie. app or workaround) that will work, or should I just tell my wife she's getting a BB (because we want to be able to schedule our lives through that.

Thanks!
    01-13-10 10:25 PM
    Okay I am a little confused, does your wife need the bb calender or just enterprise? If she just needs a calender that works with enterprise I think there is a way to get the iphone to work with that.
    01-13-10 11:30 PM
    iPhone has full enterprise active sync. Your wife might look into MobileMe as well which has excellent OTA syncing capabilities with Outlook among others. Not sure I understand your question correctly though.
    01-14-10 08:24 AM
    Hi,

Sorry for the confusion - hopefully this clarifies:

- I will, and likely always will, have a blackberry on my work's enterprise server
    - My wife needs to get a new device
    - I want to be able to put a meeting (say, "kids haircut") into my blackberry, and then invite her so she knows when its happening, and vice versa (these would be made Private so no one at work can see)
    - As far as I can tell, this is impossible with an iPhone - it won't accept a meeting invite sent from a BB, nor can it send a meeting invite to a BB and have someone accept.
    - My wife's phone would not be on the exchange server, as it would be a personal phone on a personal plan

Maybe I'm just crazy, or maybe it's because my work insists on using Lotus notes?

Thanks again.
    01-14-10 11:04 PM
    I would suggest email. Your issue has nothing to do with berry and iphone I don't think, what I think that your issue is is that you are on exchange and your wife is not. If that is the case it really will not matter what phone she has, I do not think that you can do what you want to do. So again if there is something she needs to know just email her. Or ya know use the phone and talk to her. LOL.
    01-15-10 12:11 AM
    Hi,

Sorry for the confusion - hopefully this clarifies:

- I will, and likely always will, have a blackberry on my work's enterprise server
    - My wife needs to get a new device
    - I want to be able to put a meeting (say, "kids haircut") into my blackberry, and then invite her so she knows when its happening, and vice versa (these would be made Private so no one at work can see)
    - As far as I can tell, this is impossible with an iPhone - it won't accept a meeting invite sent from a BB, nor can it send a meeting invite to a BB and have someone accept.
    - My wife's phone would not be on the exchange server, as it would be a personal phone on a personal plan

Maybe I'm just crazy, or maybe it's because my work insists on using Lotus notes?

Thanks again.
    What crackvegas said. It will not work no matter what because she is not and will not be on the exchange server. I don't believe it will work with the BB either unless it also is on the exchange server. Also. iPhone does not use BES, it requires Exchange Active Sync to connect with work.
    01-15-10 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD