I am thinking of changing from my Blackberry to an iPhone, but one of the best features of a Blackberry is the push email! I have about 8 different email accounts. If I get an iPhone, will I be able to have those accounts all linked like I can do with a Blackberry?
    11-25-10 09:52 AM
    I have push email for my hotmail/exchange accounts....As far as google/yahoo, i'm not sure since i don't use those services....
    11-25-10 10:05 AM
    Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

^^^It seems that push is available for google accounts as well...Hope this helps...
    Danetell0 likes this.
    11-25-10 10:10 AM
    Thanks, does anyone know the maximum number of account you can have on one iPhone?
    11-25-10 10:12 AM
    you will have trouble with pdf's and downloading/forwarding is soooo slow compared to blackberry..I am going back to blackberry from my 3 month iphone4 trial...

Email is just a pain and a battery killer on the iphone.

It is cool for the web stuff but thats it...
    11-25-10 11:23 AM
    I have push on my exchange and yahoo/Rogers account. Battery drains a little more than my Torch I had when set to push. I put it to 15 mine. Love the iPhone since it has full HTML email. Downloads automatically and my PDFs are so clear unlike the BB Torch.
    11-25-10 05:20 PM
    I believe the max is 10 accounts on the iPhone. I had 3 pushing on my old iPhone 4 and the battery would drain pretty fast. On my BlackBerry, my 3 e-mail accounts all push and I can easily go 2 days on a single charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 11:00 PM
    It depends how much email you get. I have 2 gmail accounts pushing and one Exchange server domain account pushing and easily make it through a whole day with battery to spare.

Is it necessary to really have 8 email account all on your phone that you need pushed through the day?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-25-10 at 11:38 PM.
    11-25-10 11:36 PM
    I have 4 accounts on my iPhone 4 and have not noticed any major battery drain. They are all set at 15 minutes and I'm constantly checking them during the day. The accounts are gmail, hotmail (2) and yahoo. Makes it through the day for me.
    12-05-10 12:19 PM
    I have 3 push e-mail accounts and can easily go 24 hours without any problems.
    12-05-10 07:16 PM
    I have 4 is well and I can go 24 hours pretty easily, and this nonsense of having problems with PDF's downloading and battery life it total crap, I don't miss my BB whatsoever.... ok I miss battery pulls and it freezing up lol
    12-06-10 07:56 AM
    you will have trouble with pdf's and downloading/forwarding is soooo slow compared to blackberry..I am going back to blackberry from my 3 month iphone4 trial...

Email is just a pain and a battery killer on the iphone.

It is cool for the web stuff but thats it...
    There is literally zero truth to this statement, FWIW....
    12-06-10 08:49 AM
    Trust me, PDF emails is slower than the bb on the i4. You must have never owned and bb

It takes way more time to download the PDF and then when u forward the message it asks if you want to include it,
    Then you wait for it to load and then when you hit send it thinks forever.

With the bb it is open the message and hit f and then send. Instant

Everytime you even open your email account it has to check and cycle for message. Battery drain and waste of time

On Bb they just get pushed. Read every article that says to turn off push to save your battery before making a lame statement like there is no truth sir.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 07:52 AM
    I've owned more Blackberry devices (3) than I have iPhones (1), and I can tell you with absolute certainty that your issues were either specific to your e-mail service or your iPhone.

Yes, you do have to tell it when forwarding a message whether you want it to include the PDF or not, but I have never had a delay at all when sending a PDF (or any other attachment for that matter).

As far as the battery drain goes....I have two e-mail accounts on my i4, one on Exchange the other IMAP fetching every 15 minutes. Between that, WiFi on, constant web usage, and about 2 hours of talk time every day I generally have about 40% left on the battery each night. That is right on par with the Torch I had.
    12-07-10 08:19 AM
    download speed is tied to the network strength and type. If you have shoddy signal, then your stuff won't download as quickly. Also, if you don't have a 3G connection reliably, then sending stuff will be rather slow. i Had an 8330, and uploading stuff was a pain.
    12-07-10 11:57 AM
    If you also want to send from a work address, which at this point, Gmail does not allow you to do from an iphone (ironically you can from an android with Gmail) try a service called nuevasync

It uses exchange servers. so you can have all your emails directed to your gmail account and then have nueva sync do the rest.
    12-10-10 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD