When you go into the camera and look at your photos, it says camera roll.

How do I start a new camera roll? is this possible, why would it say roll if yo u cant start a new one and it give you all that space below...?!?!? How does this work
    06-16-10 01:43 PM
    The camera roll is the pictures you took on the iPhone. If you want to organize them you'll have to create folders on your computer and sync with iTunes.
    06-16-10 02:18 PM
    ok and that will create different rolls?
    06-16-10 03:11 PM
    ok and that will create different rolls?
    Every picture you take on the iPhone will be put in "camera rolls". Think of it like this when you have a real camera that takes film, each picture you take is added to that roll. Same thing here. There no separate rolls nor are new ones going to be created. It keeps adding the pictures to take to the roll until you don't have any space. If you want to organize your pictures, create separate folders and move them on your computer. Any new pictures taken will continue to be added to the camera roll.
    06-16-10 03:25 PM
    And to sync different folders to your photo section on your phone you can do
    that in iTunes.
    06-16-10 04:45 PM
    Ok i guess where i am confused is here

once i sync it from my computer to my phone into different folders will it show up on different "rolls?"
    if not it doesnt make since why it says camera rolls and has all that space thats white and blank when there is really only one roll @ the top
    06-16-10 05:02 PM
    It'll show up as the folder's name. There is
    and can only be one camera roll. It is the
    one that you currently take pictures with.
    06-16-10 05:06 PM
    Ok i guess where i am confused is here

once i sync it from my computer to my phone into different folders will it show up on different "rolls?"
    if not it doesnt make since why it says camera rolls and has all that space thats white and blank when there is really only one roll @ the top
    Once you make the folders, the folders will show up on your phone the same way you set them up. Just like you organize playlists, it's the same with pictures. I'm really not understanding what you're not understanding. In order to sync your music the way you want from iTunes you need to make playlist if you want to have songs separated on your phone. No different here. You have to create the folders. Move the pictures into the folders and sync and then you'll have them organized the way you want. The "camera roll" will never go away because this is where all new pictures are put when taken with the phone.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-16-10 at 05:18 PM.
    06-16-10 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD