Im not a case kind of guy..but recently baught one and when i take a picture with flash on the picture is terrible. WithOut the case its fine..so i baught a differant case tonight..its not as bad with the new one but it is great.is this a common iphone situation with cases?
    02-17-12 05:59 PM
    I'm a newbie for iPhone too, as I was a Blackberry user so many years earlier, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, the first case you put on your iPhone probably has a so-called "wash-out effect", as the hole they leave out for the camera and the flash is too small. If you try the case that has a bigger-hole-for-camera-and-flash and also with the black maker around the hole, that will take care of the wash-out effect when taking picture then.
    02-17-12 06:14 PM
    I'm a newbie for iPhone too, as I was a Blackberry user so many years earlier, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, the first case you put on your iPhone probably has a so-called "wash-out effect", as the hole they leave out for the camera and the flash is too small. If you try the case that has a bigger-hole-for-camera-and-flash and also with the black maker around the hole, that will take care of the wash-out effect when taking picture then.
    Well both cases look to have large enough holes..and this new case is solid black..thinking that would solve the problem but it didnt. Ill just go without one
    02-17-12 06:39 PM
    Well both cases look to have large enough holes..and this new case is solid black..thinking that would solve the problem but it didnt. Ill just go without one
    Yes. It's common. Look at the difference between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s cases. For the 4s the camera opening is far larger to cut down on the flash blowout of the lens.

I had the problem also with an aftermarket metal backplate which I fixed with a bit of tape.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-18-12 10:19 AM
    I made a thread that asked people the good cases that don't cause the flash it interfere with the pictures. I mostly got back speck candy shell cases and Caremate cases, which you can find on amazon for really cheap
    02-18-12 11:29 AM
    I made a thread that asked people the good cases that don't cause the flash it interfere with the pictures. I mostly got back speck candy shell cases and Caremate cases, which you can find on amazon for really cheap
    Thank you.
    02-18-12 04:54 PM
    I've used an Otterbox on every phone I've ever had from my first BB 8350i to my current iPhone4s and don't have a problem with the flash. Like the other poster said, the iPhone4 cases do work on the 4s, but you will have problems. The hole on my OB 4s case is large enough to prevent feedback from the flash.
    02-20-12 08:41 AM
    Why don't you use the bumper case?
    02-21-12 04:52 PM
    Having a case with smaller cutouts will keep your lens and flash clean. The type that has a large rectangle will constantly get dirty and be hard to clean.

Usually a washed out picture is from too much flash. Cases with a shiny or reflective material around the flash increase the light on your subject.

iSkin cases have a non-glare surround for the lens and flash for this reason. I have not experimented with my Otterbox Commuter but I don't have any complaints thus far.
    02-21-12 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD